Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: A few things don't make sense about the Yanmen Guan incident

  1. #1
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default A few things don't make sense about the Yanmen Guan incident

    1. How is it possible that a world-class martial artist like Xiao Yuanshan didn't notice the killing of his entourage in front of him, even if he was in a good mood talking to his wife?

    2. Xiao Yuanshan spoke Khitanese the whole time with the Central Plains attackers, which they couldn't understand. Did he really not know Han Chinese, even though his MA was taught by a Han Chinese? Also, you'd think such an important organized event would have at least one person who understands Khitanese from the Mainland side.

    3. Given the unprovoked attack initiated by the Song people, how could Xiao Yuanshan neglect his wife and child to be killed easily? This doesn't make sense. He was an experienced martial artist by that time, he should instinctively know opponents would attack the weakest link first and protecting them should be his highest priority. This is after the Song people already killed his entourage. He should be on highest alert.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  2. #2
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    1. How is it possible that a world-class martial artist like Xiao Yuanshan didn't notice the killing of his entourage in front of him, even if he was in a good mood talking to his wife?

    2. Xiao Yuanshan spoke Khitanese the whole time with the Central Plains attackers, which they couldn't understand. Did he really not know Han Chinese, even though his MA was taught by a Han Chinese? Also, you'd think such an important organized event would have at least one person who understands Khitanese from the Mainland side.

    3. Given the unprovoked attack initiated by the Song people, how could Xiao Yuanshan neglect his wife and child to be killed easily? This doesn't make sense. He was an experienced martial artist by that time, he should instinctively know opponents would attack the weakest link first and protecting them should be his highest priority. This is after the Song people already killed his entourage. He should be on highest alert.
    1. Would have to put it down to them being really really far ahead and none of em had SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan's voice transmission skills.

    2a. Maybe his teacher was some Han who spoke Khitan, that's how I always imagined it. Hell, if you can learn super advanced arts like Xiao Yao arts (or even the sword sect breaking arts from SOD) from pictures, his teacher could have drawn on the sand to teach him for all we know...

    2b. Was it a big event? I thought he was just visting his teacher to show him his new son with the +99 buff or something. Not some diplomatic visit.

    3. Yeah, plot armor chink I guess. Same with DFBB not noticing Yang getting attacked even though he wasn't over-stressed by his 3 opponents.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default

    OK, I just checked the 3rd edition, and #2 has been repaired a bit. Xiao Yuanshan now speaks Han Chinese with a heavy accent at Yanmen Guan. But yet, within a short period, he seems to speak eloquent Chinese to Murong Bo while hiding at Shaolin. A late bloomer in language mastery, apparently.

    Interestingly:

    那辽人哭了一会,抱起他儿子尸身看了一会,将婴尸放在他母亲怀中,走到带头大哥身前,大声喝问:你们为什 么杀我老婆?他会说咱们汉人的话,声调虽不正确,这次却大致听懂了。带头大哥向他怒目而视,苦于被点了穴 道,说不出半句话来。那辽人突然间仰天长啸,从地下拾起一柄短刀,在山峰的石壁上划了起来

    It seems Xiao Yuanshan was overcome with grief and forgot that people can't answer you if their sealed acupoints prohibit audio from being generated. He could have easily unsealed it though - perhaps with a long distance wave like his son did 30 years later.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    that scene where Murong Bo hid on the back of stone and scared out of his wits after saw XYS' killing spree was also doesnt make sense.do their martial arts really have that huge gap at that time?

  5. #5
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default

    It definitely changes Murong Bo's image as presented in the 2nd edition, where he at a young-ish age was god-like to several other observers.

    That said, he still =~ Xiao Yuanshan in martial arts in the 3rd edition, evidenced when they competed 3 times at Shaolin (Murong always humbly says he is not on par, but there's nothing in the text that suggests that's actually the case). However, it seems Murong Bo is now really insecure, perhaps making him less effective than Xiao in combat, and hence his internal tremor upon witnessing Xiao's impressive combat performance.

    Also, the fact that Murong even contemplated learning many of the 72 arts of Shaolin makes him seem not profound in martial arts philosophy. At his level, it should be clear learning more variety of MA isn't the trajectory he needs to be on. And indeed, ironically, he does retain this knowledge in the 3rd edition:

      阿朱道:那日慕容老爷和公子谈论天下武功,我站在一旁斟茶,听到了几句。慕容老爷说道:少林派七十 二项绝技,自然各有精妙之处,但克敌制胜,只须一门绝技便已足够,用不着七十二项。

      萧峰点头道:慕容前辈所论甚是。

      阿朱又道:那时慕容公子道:是啊,王家表妹就爱自夸多识天下武功,可是博而不精,有何用处。慕容 老爷道:说到这个精字,却又谈何容易?其实少林派真正的绝学,乃是一部《易筋经》,只要将这部经书练 通了,什么平庸之极的武功,到了手里,都能化腐朽为神奇。

    And yet, he still directed his life to pursue the 72 arts of Shaolin. Not just to teach his followers, but also learning some of them himself.

    I haven't read enough of the 3rd edition to know how his pursuit of YJJ went, if any. But it's not even mentioned during his extensive time at Shaolin.

    Anyway, I digress.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  6. #6
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    It definitely changes Murong Bo's image as presented in the 2nd edition, where he at a young-ish age was god-like to several other observers.

    That said, he still =~ Xiao Yuanshan in martial arts in the 3rd edition, evidenced when they competed 3 times at Shaolin (Murong always humbly says he is not on par, but there's nothing in the text that suggests that's actually the case). However, it seems Murong Bo is now really insecure, perhaps making him less effective than Xiao in combat, and hence his internal tremor upon witnessing Xiao's impressive combat performance.

    Also, the fact that Murong even contemplated learning many of the 72 arts of Shaolin makes him seem not profound in martial arts philosophy. At his level, it should be clear learning more variety of MA isn't the trajectory he needs to be on. And indeed, ironically, he does retain this knowledge in the 3rd edition:

      阿朱道:那日慕容老爷和公子谈论天下武功,我站在一旁斟茶,听到了几句。慕容老爷说道:少林派七十 二项绝技,自然各有精妙之处,但克敌制胜,只须一门绝技便已足够,用不着七十二项。

      萧峰点头道:慕容前辈所论甚是。

      阿朱又道:那时慕容公子道:是啊,王家表妹就爱自夸多识天下武功,可是博而不精,有何用处。慕容 老爷道:说到这个精字,却又谈何容易?其实少林派真正的绝学,乃是一部《易筋经》,只要将这部经书练 通了,什么平庸之极的武功,到了手里,都能化腐朽为神奇。

    And yet, he still directed his life to pursue the 72 arts of Shaolin. Not just to teach his followers, but also learning some of them himself.

    I haven't read enough of the 3rd edition to know how his pursuit of YJJ went, if any. But it's not even mentioned during his extensive time at Shaolin.

    Anyway, I digress.
    Well, in 3rd edition, before MRB went to learn multiples of 72 Arts, it was also stated that XYS's skills scared him out of his wits when XYS managed to appear behind him at Shaolin (when he was trying to do his initial 72 art steal) and was on his guard for onlookers.

    Somehow, in 3rd ed, JY's intention was to have MRB weaker than XYS and then somehow managed to claw back to parity after studying at Shaolin. I am not sure what was the big idea.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Well, in 3rd edition, before MRB went to learn multiples of 72 Arts, it was also stated that XYS's skills scared him out of his wits when XYS managed to appear behind him at Shaolin (when he was trying to do his initial 72 art steal) and was on his guard for onlookers.

    Somehow, in 3rd ed, JY's intention was to have MRB weaker than XYS and then somehow managed to claw back to parity after studying at Shaolin. I am not sure what was the big idea.
    Right, I stand by my interpretation - that they ARE about equal in MA level all along, but MRB is now mentally weak, hence his fear of XYS but also his match of him.

    Yeah, I don't get the idea either. Not a fan.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  8. #8
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Right, I stand by my interpretation - that they ARE about equal in MA level all along, but MRB is now mentally weak, hence his fear of XYS but also his match of him.

    Yeah, I don't get the idea either. Not a fan.
    No, they were definitely not equal at first. MRB was scared because he was in there stealing the MA and was on his guard. XYS managed to sneak up on him. It was specifically mentioned that XYS had higher MA at the first meeting and MRB managed to improve and equal him over the years at Shaolin. This was done in narrators voice, not MRB POV.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    It was specifically mentioned that XYS had higher MA at the first meeting and MRB managed to improve and equal him over the years at Shaolin. This was done in narrators voice, not MRB POV.
    I'm not seeing the text that supports this - could be that I have an incomplete version. Mind pasting it?

    My version has MRB ending each of the 3 friendly match with XYS and humbly saying he's no match. But it never explicitly showed or stated that he is actually inferior, although it's maybe implied a little bit.
    Last edited by PJ; 11-25-20 at 02:05 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

  10. #10
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I'm not seeing the text that supports this - could be that I have an incomplete version. Mind pasting it?

    My version has MRB ending each of the 3 friendly match with XYS and humbly saying he's no match. But it never explicitly showed or stated that he is actually inferior, although it's maybe implied a little bit.
    Do you remember which chapter it was in? I cant be buggered to go trawl thru approximate cap 30 to 40

    I think it was in that couple of paragraphs describing how XYS snuck up to MRB in their first meeting.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior Member PJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,417

    Default

    Chapter 42. Here's the relevant passage:

      这个灰衣僧,便是慕容复的父亲慕容博。这些年来,他隐姓埋名,诈死潜伏,其实常在中原暗中 活动。

      那一年,慕容博魂飞魄散地从雁门关外逃回苏州燕子坞参合庄,在门户紧闭的地窖里躲了七天。这七日来,他 全身颤抖,心下骇惧,不论妻子如何柔声安慰,温言开解,他心中的恐惧始终减不了一分一毫。雁门关外那血肉横 飞的情景令他难以成眠,便是在睡梦之中,也总见到那个满脸虬髯的大汉,圆睁双目,眼中似在滴血,又似要喷出 火来,他左掌挥击、右手刀劈,便有人筋骨碎裂,脑袋落地。慕容博远远躲在山岩之后,见到这契丹人片刻间便杀 了己方十几个汉人豪杰,见他踢到带头大哥和丐帮帮主汪剑通,见他以短刀在山壁上刻字,见他纵身跃入深谷,又 见他从山谷中抛上一个婴孩慕容博在山岩后躲了良久,直到天色已黑,一名汉人武人抱了那孩子,带着带头大 哥和汪剑通离去,他依然浑身僵直,要走一步路也难

      慕容博自幼受祖父、父亲之教,以中兴燕国为毕生职志,然其时宋辽友好,兵戎不兴,全无可趁之机,于 是慕容博携带资财,远赴辽国,设法与契丹贵人结交,更进一步熟识了辽国宫廷内情。得知辽国太后掌权,而太后 最信任的族人,乃属珊军总教头萧远山。此人武功极高,平生主张辽宋交好,每当辽朝有将帅官员倡议侵宋,萧远 山必向太后进言,力陈两国休兵之福:辽国正坐收宋朝银帛,朝野富足,一旦兵连祸结,不但生民涂炭,且奸佞弄 权,家国必乱。

      太后对萧远山甚为信服,因此侵宋之议始终未成。慕容博料知复国之机当在除去此人,于是暗中筹谋,打听此 人平素喜好,欲设法从其弱点下手。这日听得萧远山的一个亲戚说起,九月初八是萧远山岳父的生辰,该日他必携 同妻儿前往武州拜寿。自辽国前往武州,往往取道雁门关至长城之南,再西向武州,此途地势平坦,远较塞北的崎 岖山路易于行走。

      慕容博获此消息,其时正当八月炎暑,便即赶赴少林寺报讯,说道辽国派出高手,于重阳节前后大举进袭少林 寺,意在劫夺寺中所藏武学典籍,以上乘武功传授辽国兵将。不出数年,辽国大军南下,疆场之上,宋军决非其敌 ,汉人江山便危亡无日了。

      此事关系着天下苍生及中原武林的命脉,少林群僧当即传讯,召集各路英雄共谋对策。慕容博甫自辽国上京南 归,于辽国朝廷动静、军情兵马,无不说得一清二楚,没半点破绽。群雄议定,便分批前往武州、代州、朔州、应 州设法阻截。雁门关是辽国南下要道,中原武人更集中好手,守在雁门关外隐僻之处,终于截到萧远山一行。虽然 杀了他妻子,但萧远山武功之高委实令人骇怖万分,难以想像

      群雄发现事态有变,定会登门探问,这一节慕容博早已料知,他不愿、也不能面对武林朋友的质问,因为自己 确是造了谣,骗了人,目的是要挑起宋辽之间的争端,盼能得有兴复燕国的契机,如何能直承其事?自己武功 虽然不弱,但汉人群豪人多势众,终究难以抵挡。回入雁门关后,他立即南归,隐居于家中地窖,绝足不出。期间 少林寺曾派人前来查访,他与妻子早拟妥说辞,只说他于大半年前离家外游,迄今未返,家人异常挂念,还请少林 高僧代为寻访。

      慕容氏先祖龙城公创下一门斗转星移绝技,尽管这项能转移对手攻势来路的精妙武学,为慕容氏创下以 彼之道,还施彼身的响亮名头,但却颇有依人作嫁的意味。心想,少林武功是中原武学之首,如能求得七十 二绝技功诀,传授于暗中纠举的羽翼人马,则慕容氏复国实力将如虎添翼,更形壮大。

      慕容氏数代图谋兴复,家中金银山积。与妻子商议后,慕容博化装易容,扮作个商贩,带了不少金银,来到河 南府登封,先在县城里做些土产生意,结识当地商家行贩,再到少林寺左近农家收购土产,接着购置屋宇农地,落 户当地。他深谋远虑,时常头戴斗笠、肩负锄头,在藏经阁后山耕种菜蔬果物,结识了藏经阁的几名管事僧人,经 常送些桃杏梨枣等农产鲜果。不出半年,便将藏经阁中如何防火晒书、轮班当值、典藏秘本等情况查探得一清二楚 。一人有心,余人无意,诸管事和尚也不以为意。少林寺一向与人为善,有人借阅佛经,素来颇为欢迎。慕容博初 时借几本《阿弥陀经》、《地藏菩萨本愿经》、《观音菩萨普门品》之类佛经,渐借渐深,借到了《金刚般若波罗 密经》等经书。

      他见时机渐熟,管事诸僧对他毫不起疑,一晚三更之后,便悄悄摸入藏经阁,在书架上找到一本《拈花指法》 ,不禁大喜若狂,携回住处仔细翻阅,见抄本中详述修习法门,由浅入深,奥妙无匹,书中载明功成后指力可穿木 刺砖,威力极大。慕容博当即剔亮油灯,取出纸笔,将这本《拈花指法》详细抄录。隔日晚间,慕容博又潜入藏经 阁,将《拈花指法》放还原处,另取了四本《大金刚拳法》。他机警异常,每见阁中稍有异状,便隐伏数日。以他 武功之高,借还秘本之际,自也不为管事僧人察觉。

      如此抄录四月有余,已得二十八门、共三十余册秘笈副本。其时已然入冬,年暮岁晚,他挂念妻子,返回苏州 ,携回三十来册秘术抄本,可说满载而归。他将抄本藏入地窖,拣选数门绝技,每日里依法修习,勤练不辍。是年 冬天,慕容博的妻子怀了身孕,慕容博便长留苏州,等待妻子生育。他为儿子取名慕容复,盼望儿子克绍箕裘,继 承先祖遗志。

      慕容博展读先祖遗训,复国之志在胸中奔腾翻涌,于是起始留须,脸上涂以淡墨,将肤色变得黝黑,同时穿锦 着绣,他妻子更将他两条长眉斜画向下,加深嘴角法令,令他瞧来脸容愁苦,此时倘若遇到江湖旧侣,别人也决计 认他不出。他易容改装之后,出外广结友朋,自称姓燕名龙渊,做的是祖传的珠宝生意,而原来一口苏州话,也改 为河南府登封一带的北方话。慕容氏数代积聚,家财豪富,慕容博拿到江湖上使用,出手豪阔,气派非凡,急人之 难,济人之困,结交了不少知交好友。

      入秋之后,他再度扮作商贩前往登封,居于旧居,晚间便潜入藏经阁借取武学秘本,数月之后,又抄得十余册 功诀。一日午夜,他在阁中拣阅书册,见左手书架上摆着一叠抄本,最上一册封皮题签般若掌精要,当下取了 一本,揣入怀中。正要转身走出阁门,忽然身后风声飒然,有人在他左肩一拍,低声道:跟我来!

      慕容博大惊,怎地有人近身却毫无警觉?回头看时,只见一个魁梧的人影闪身出阁,便发足跟在他身后。那人 奔出数里,来到山谷中一块平野之上。那人陡然止步,转身道:你偷学少林武功,成就不错了吧?待我试试。 说着出掌拍来。慕容博不敢大意,举掌相迎,撂开敌掌时,只觉来掌势道凌厉,内劲雄浑,当即退开一步,说道: 在下斗胆向少林寺藏经阁借抄武学典籍,抄过之后,原本归还,不敢有丝毫损毁。抄本仅供在下一人自学,决不 转授旁人。不知阁下是否少林弟子?还请高抬贵手,不予追究。

      那人哈哈一笑,说道:在下并非少林弟子,反与少林派有点梁子,迟早要和寺中高手拚决生死。我也要借阅 少林派武学秘笈,且看少林派名满天下,到底有无真材实学,亦欲确知少林绝技是否当真了得。以后咱二人如在藏 经阁中相遇,大家不必顾忌,各行其是便了。慕容博道:如此再好没有。在下燕龙渊,今日结识高贤,幸何如 之。那大汉拱手道:燕兄不必客气,就此别过!转身发足,往右侧山坡上疾行而去。

      自从那晚遇人对掌之后,慕容博的行动更加收敛谨慎,又抄录十余册秘本之后,心中挂念娇妻爱儿,便即南归 。

      次年慕容博再上登封,每晚续抄秘本。两个月之后,又与那大汉在藏经阁外相遇,那大汉约他再去试掌,言下 并无恶意。两人二度交手,拆到百余招后,慕容博向后一跃,躬身道:多承指点,在下不是阁下对手!那大汉 道:燕兄不必太谦。你不肯自满,是好汉子,在下佩服之至。咱们明年再会!

      这个约会,等如是考校慕容博的武功。他立即动身,返回苏州练武。秋去冬来,慕容博告别夫人,又去登封商 贩,晚间潜入藏经阁抄录,数月之间,又抄了三十余册。这晚进入藏经阁,往书架上看去,除了已抄录过的秘笈之 外,书架上全是《华严经》、《摩诃般若经》、《大智度论》、《中部阿含经》、《长部阿含经》等经书,不见有 一本内功秘法。他叹了口气,心想所录的少林绝技已有五六十门之多,每一门功夫都得花上数年时间习练,手中已 有的功诀,这一生无论如何是练不完了,今后不必再来,以免为寺中高手察觉。出得阁来,抬头望着空中一轮明月 ,忽然间心头一轻,犹如移去了一块大石,登觉神清气爽。

      突然间有人自右首欺近身来,说道:燕兄,咱们再试试掌去!正是那魁梧大汉。两人奔至山谷中的平野, 那大汉更不打话,劈面便是一掌,慕容博挥掌挡开,两人掌来拳往,不出丝毫声息。那大汉的掌法变幻多端,慕容 博逐一施展少林绝技中的般若掌、无相劫指、拈花指等,便是伏魔杖法、九天九地方便铲法 等器械功夫,也化在拳掌之中施展出来。两人贴身近搏,只一顿饭时分,已拆斗三百余招。正斗得急切,慕容博倏 地跃出圈子,抱拳说道:多承指点,蒙尊驾手下留情,在下受惠良多。

      那大汉道:燕兄武技精妙,咱二人不分高下。燕兄既来少林寺盗经,当以少林派为对头,在下与少林派仇深 似海,你我敌忾同仇,当为同道中人。慕容博尚未答话,那大汉一转身,远远地去了。

      忽听得一个谦和的声音在背后响起:施主请了,小僧有礼!慕容博转过身来,只见身后五尺外站着一个青 年黄衣僧人,脸带微笑,双手合十为礼。慕容博抱拳还礼,说道:大师呼唤在下,不知有何见教?那僧人道: 小僧乃吐蕃国密教僧人,适才见施主与人对掌,武功精妙之极,小僧心生钦佩,冒昧上前攀谈。慕容博道: 大师远来不易,请移步舍下奉茶,俾得多所请教。当下二人互通姓名。鸠摩智适才见了慕容博的拳掌之技,心下 佩服,当即欣然随往。

      两人谈起武功,鸠摩智有心向他学招,但想与他素无渊源,贸然求人传以秘技绝招,对方必不允诺,唯一的法 子是投桃报李,各得其利,便道:慕容先生,小僧在吐蕃国密教宁玛派出家,因与吐蕃国黑教邪徒争斗剧烈,从 上师处学得火焰刀之技。火焰刀能以内力凝聚于手掌掌缘,运气送出,威力非小。今日与先生言语投机, 非敢炫示己能,仅为剖析武技,请先生莫怪。说着提起手掌,凝聚内力,嗤的一声轻响,在窗纸上凌空劈出一缝 ,冷风飕飕地从细缝中直吹进来。

      慕容博道:大师神功高妙,小可甚为佩服!鸠摩智道:小僧于火焰刀之技初学乍练,仅略窥门径, 然将来必可大成。今晚与先生邂逅相遇,实是有缘。佛家讲究缘法,缘法到时,神通自现。小僧大胆,想将这火 焰刀之法传授于先生,不知先生嫌小僧太过冒昧么?慕容博寻思:我与他素昧平生,他竟愿意主动传功,其 中必有深意,且看他到底打些什么主意。

      慕容博忙起身行礼。鸠摩智合十还礼,说道:咱们不是师徒传法,乃朋友间互相切磋,交换传技。先生万万 不可多礼。当下详述火焰刀的修炼法诀,要慕容博用心记忆,不可笔录,因密教传法传功,必须口耳相传, 不似显教佛教有经典可资念诵。

      慕容博用心记忆,不觉天色已明。慕容博道:大师这火焰刀神功,果然奇妙无方,以在下所知,或许只 大理段氏的一阳指可资匹敌。但据闻一阳指运劲缓慢,远不及火焰刀之动念即至。鸠摩智道:这 该是运功之人功力有别。慕容博道:正是。传言大理段氏尚有六脉神剑绝技,手指上可发六种内力,交叉 运使,更加神奇,欲求得其术,想是难上加难。鸠摩智道:大理段氏的绝顶高手,尽皆聚于天龙寺,欲得《六 脉神剑剑谱》,非上天龙寺不可。小僧与天龙寺高僧同为释氏弟子,当设法一求。如侥幸求得,自当与先生共享。

      慕容博心想:《六脉神剑剑谱》如此难得,他如何愿与我共享?况且他随口一言,一来不会当真费心去求, 二来学武之人,千辛万苦地得到神功妙法,我无恩于他,他怎肯轻易赠我?他适才说道交换传技,多半是要旨 所在。便即说道:常言道得好:无功不受禄。大师今日传我火焰刀功法,在下感激不尽。这些年来,在下 潜入少林寺藏经阁,借抄了七十二门绝技功法,现下手边有三十余册抄本。今日午后起,我二人共同再录副本,副 本尽数赠于大师。苏州舍下尚有五十余册功法,在下即日返家,抄录副本。待大师取得《六脉神剑剑谱》,便请光 临苏州燕子坞参合庄,在下将那五十余本绝技副本相赠,交换《六脉神剑剑谱》,大师以为如何?

      鸠摩智大喜,当下与慕容博三击掌相约,言明别后各自努力,日后交换武学典籍。鸠摩智言明:天龙寺诸高僧 武功深湛,自己习练火焰刀未久,目前未能前往求观《六脉神剑剑谱》,尚须精进修炼,假以时日,倘能功力 大成,自当履践今日之约。慕容博取出手边三十余册抄本,当即与鸠摩智再抄副本,数日后抄完,赠了给鸠摩智。 鸠摩智称谢再三,自回吐蕃研习少林绝技,自知火焰刀功力尚浅,亦更下苦功,戮力修习。

      年岁匆匆飞逝,这些年来,慕容博、慕容复父子二人博览群籍,武功随时日而长。一日慕容复进后堂来报,说 道有一位少林老僧玄悲登门求见。慕容复应父亲之命,出厅向玄悲言道爹爹不在家中,不露任何口风与迹象。慕容 博在地窖中耽了数日,料得玄悲早已远去,与妻子暗中商议后,决心诈死以绝后患。慕容博离家数月后,由妻子向 儿子及众家臣言明,老爷已在外逝世,接着筹办丧事,棺殓、发讣、设灵、开吊、祭奠、入葬等事宜 一一齐办。

      隐匿数年后,慕容博静极思动,化身燕龙渊,在两淮一带营商出没,自称是姑苏慕容氏部属,传出黑字燕 旗令,以高明武功慑服归顺的江湖豪杰,广扩势力,却不露丝毫风声。慕容复年岁渐长,形貌俊雅,学武有成,亦 在江湖上闯出一番名头,南慕容遂与北乔峰并称中原武林两大高手。

      又过数年,慕容博得悉玄悲大师前赴大理,于是暗中跟随,在陆凉州身戒寺中陡施袭击。玄悲大师出其不意, 以少林绝技大韦陀杵迎击。慕容博径以家传武技抵御,不料玄悲武功渊深,大韦陀杵威力奇劲,远出慕容 博意料,他一时轻敌,登感不支,只得施出斗转星移之技,将大韦陀杵还击玄悲自身,玄悲登时中招毙命 。

      日后鸠摩智自大理天龙寺擒得段誉,来到慕容家侍婢阿碧所居的琴韵小筑,言明要将活的《六脉神剑剑谱》焚 烧于慕容博墓前,以换取约定的武学秘本。阿朱、阿碧禀告了慕容夫人,奉命对鸠摩智敷衍以应,并救了段誉脱险 。岂知丐帮帮主乔峰身世之谜遭人揭露,慕容博心想,数十年前的旧账重新翻起,大是可虑,要妻子约束儿子,千 万不可介入此事,以免惹祸上身。不料在少林大会上,慕容复还是与萧峰动上了手。
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-19, 05:34 PM
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 04-03-16, 09:26 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-09-11, 02:36 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-10, 11:07 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-24-09, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •