Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils – Afterword.Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils was first serialised in the Ming Pao and Singapore’s Nanyang Siang Pau in 1963 and lasted for four years. When I was overseas during that period, I invited brother Ni Kuang to take over the writing for over forty thousand words. The part that brother Ni Kuang wrote was an independent plot depicting the battle between Murong Fu and Ding Chunqiu in an inn. Although it was a remarkable scene, it was unrelated to the rest of the novel. In this revision, I have brother Ni Kuang’s consent to delete it, leaving only the part where Ding Chunqiu blinded A’zi, which cannot be removed.Serials in the newspapers could not be stopped for long periods of time, hence I invited brother Ni Kuang to take over the writing. However, there is no reason to appropriate another person’s work when publishing a compilation book. All the text in the Anthology of Jin Yong’s works, no matter if they are good or bad, are hundred percent written by Jin Yong himself without the contribution of anyone else. I would like to express my gratitude to brother Ni Kuang for his kindness in taking over the writing back then.October 1978
the confusion thing is that, the scene of Ding Chunqiu vs Murong Fu were still exist in edition 2 and 3 .chapter 33 : https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...0#.X8UOHdEvM5N so what JY said on afterwords seems didnt fit with the content itself , did he drunk when writing the afterwords?