Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Tencent] Knight on Debris (2020)

Banned

Lol, whoever trying to take down the YT vids... Just get w the program. Y don't u create an official channel on YT and release it. U never gonna b able to suppress it coz new uploads with form as soon as u try to take them down. Fighting a losing battle...

Banned

The first Star Wars movie appeared as a Westerner's adaptation of Condor Heroes.

The similarities:

Spaceship named after gigantic bird
    Opening scene is "Long ago [as in some ancient place/period] in a galaxy far away [in Westerner's view Asia is a place far away]".
    Heroes losing arm
    Maiden dressed in bright white
    A father became evil, a son redeemed his name
    Some young boy married a girl many years older than him
    Some old happy-go-lucky character [Yoda/H7G] in Ep VI
    Some cranky old character who [Obiwan/OYF] after teaching boy became disincarnate along with another old character [Yoda/H7G] roughly around the same time
    An "evil" empire [Mongolians]
    Use of the Force (magical wuxia skills)
    Last edited by hirobo2; 01-10-21 at 12:57 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    The first Star Wars movie appeared as a Westerner's adaptation of Condor Heroes.

The similarities:

Spaceship named after gigantic bird
    Opening scene is "Long ago [as in some ancient place/period] in a galaxy far away [in Westerner's view Asia is a place far away]".
    Heroes losing arm
    Maiden dressed in bright white
    A father became evil, a son redeemed his name
    Some young boy married a girl many years older than him
    Some old happy-go-lucky character [Yoda/H7G] in Ep VI
    Some cranky old character who [Obiwan/OYF] after teaching boy became disincarnate along with another old character [Yoda/H7G] roughly around the same time
    An "evil" empire [Mongolians]
    Use of the Force (magical wuxia skills)
    https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1212177.shtml

China may tell US consulate in HK to slash staff, register with Chinese authorities: analysts

Consulates like this place are the main bases for anglosaxon spies and secret agents. What's the one thing consulate member (spies) are required to read everyday? The newspaper. Where did Jin Yong originally published his works? As a newspaper serial. Thus the first Star Wars movie appeared 10 years after Condor Heroes publication.

Banned

I only watched 3 episodes so far but I really like it. It really has the Star Wars feel but in many ways much better. I liked all 4 bot characters so far each one so unique. Star Wars only had 2 special bots. The one thing I dislike is the cliche often used in Chinese anime (there is a very young girl accompanied by a huge/bulky/muscular monster/sidekick robot companion). My eyes rolled when this pair appeared in Ep3. Really looking forward to Chen Mo becoming a knight/finding out what exactly happened to his spaceship that caused it to crash and turned everyone but him into mutants...

Wow, this is a good job for Tencent. Well done, I love this series!

Banned

This series cracks me up. Han Solo ditches Princess Leia on their first date in Ep6!

You can find new episode in one of the above links. They get taken down fast by copyright claims, but then new ones pop up too.

Banned

Episode 7... U can tell Tencent had a very heavy involvement in the development series even though it's animated by D-Rock. The trademark of Tencent is they love to hack the good guy characters to bits. They learned too well from Jin Yong chopping off YG's arm. In Novoland: Castle in the Sky 2, Tencent tore of the wings of the main protagonist just a few episodes into the series. In Joy of Life, main character got stabbed (appears to be a fatal wound) in the very last episode of S1. Here in this series, Axiuluo got
    click to show/hide spoilers
    ripped to bits by Uncle York
    . It maybe shocking to some new viewers but not to me who's already too familiar with how Tencent does things...

Banned

This work derives heavily from the Space Sheriff series where people transform into powered-up suited superheroes:

But the art direction and character designs are much better in Knights on Debris.

Banned

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202102/1215502.shtml

Bilibili vows to clean up content following boycott call over ‘misogynist’ [Japanese] anime [aired in China]

--------

I stopped watching Japanese anime many years ago. Their whole anime industry had turned like this. Anime was good during the Cowboy Bebop era. But the modern ones had turned into what I would call Jap crap. In terms of Chinese anime/CGI series they're just beginning the Golden Era and I hope they'll stay that way.

Banned

Gonna b lots of fun watching China crack down on Tencent after seeing what happened to Jack Ma. I knew something was wrong when Tencent refused to release Crossfire in ENG on YT. And now refusing to release Ep8 of Knights even to hardcore anime pirate websites that only pirate un-subbed RAWs in Chinese. What a greedy company this Tencent. Like those billions u made from mobile games not enuf? Have to oppress viewers of TV shows too?

U now officially on my unreliable entity list Tencent. I'm gonna do to u everything u make from now on (dramas movies games software devices u name it) like those consumers doing publicly on TikTok to H&M Nike Addidas just now...

Banned

Episode 8 is here!

(Why the hell Tencent stopped airing this series half-way thru for 3 months?!?!)

Anyways, seeing Chen Mo with long hair tied up at the back reminds me of this:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/f/5/9/1303432-most-popular-peter-pan-wallpaper-1536x2732-image.jpg')

This has got to be the stupidest Peter Pan I had ever seen. What does he fly to London every month to get a haircut?

The real Peter Pan (with long pony tail):

Banned

Banned

Ep 9:

Banned

Tencent is not known for its originality.

I finally figured out where Axiluo's character design comes from. His figure with oversized, bulky shoulders come from the Nintendo character Samus:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://donghua-tv.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2581-Xing-Hai-Qishi-Knights-on-Debris-chinese-anime-donghua-2020-episode-02-english-sub-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wallpoper.com/images/00/26/96/05/metroid-samus_00269605.jpg')

But, that's not all, I never really got into Metroid, but reading something about the character Samus from Metroid raised my eyebrows. Apparently, she's this mean brutish character, the most mean character in all of Nintendo franchises:

Metroid: 25 Weird Facts Samus’ Body

https://www.thegamer.com/metroid-samus-facts-body/

Apparently, Tencent took Samus' Power Suit with oversized shoulders and gave that to Axiluo, but also took her [bad] personality and gave it to you know who...
    Last edited by hirobo2; 05-26-21 at 10:15 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Tencent is not known for its originality.

I finally figured out where Axiluo's character design comes from. His figure with oversized, bulky shoulders come from the Nintendo character Samus:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://donghua-tv.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2581-Xing-Hai-Qishi-Knights-on-Debris-chinese-anime-donghua-2020-episode-02-english-sub-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wallpoper.com/images/00/26/96/05/metroid-samus_00269605.jpg')

But, that's not all, I never really got into Metroid, but reading something about the character Samus from Metroid raised my eyebrows. Apparently, she's this mean brutish character, the most mean character in all of Nintendo franchises:

Apparently, Tencent took Samus' Power Suit with oversized shoulders and gave that to Axiluo, but also took her [bad] personality and gave it to you know who...
    Also, when Uncle York ripped off Axiluo's arm in Ep 7 and shown throwing it away, that looked suspiciously like an "arm cannon" from Samus' Power Suit.

Banned

I love the Kryptonian angle they put into developing this series. Seems every Knight came from a respectable "Kryptonian" family with Kalena the equivalent of the Ka El family from the Superman/girl universe. Also, too lazy to post a pic from Supergirl 1984 movie, but the only female character I ever seen used strands of hair to keep her hair back is Kara from Supergirl. Too many scenes had Kalena looked like Supergirl struggling inside the Phantom Zone but with her superpowers intact instead of not working inside this zone.

Kara from Supergirl 1984:

You cant see it from this angle, but her hair is tied back by the outer strands meeting in the middle like Kalena' hairstyle in Knights on Debris:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2012/05/supergirl06.jpg')

Banned

My God I finally understood the origin of this sci-fi series. STAR WARS neva had none of this Lord Diablo ultimate boss stuff in the Prologue. So where did Bisk (good guy/god with blue tentacles) and Sasol (huge bad guy boss demon with greenish glow) come from?

The giveaway was Kalena Kelaiti's red sleeves at times looked like Supergirl's flowing red cape. In the movie Supergirl (1984) the big boss bad guy is not another human nor Kryptonian, but this huge Shadow Demon (just like Sasol in Knights) as shown in this clip below:

Seems someone(s) drank too much Metroid/Supergirl/Space Sheriff koolaid when they developed the backstory to this series!!

Banned

If you view Kalena Kelaiti from the front or the sides, she almost looks like Supergirl witha red cape. IMO the split red sleeves that look like a single red cape from certain angles look more stylish than a pure red cape. A+ to fashion designer for Knights on Debris!

Banned

If her "cape" wasn't split in two but one piece, isn't this Kara Zor El (aka Supergirl) right there?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://image.krasview.ru/video/fe63b5b32629d71/__4.jpg')