Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Tencent] Knight on Debris (2020)

Banned

Default [Tencent] Knight on Debris (2020)

It's very rare an animated series appears on a major Chinese news website AND way before its release.

(Personally, I don't think this belongs in the Anime/Gaming subforum coz that one can be Japanese anime, etc.)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://i1.wp.com/kazefuri.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/0-1.png')

Ambitious animated series 'Knight on Debris' heads to streaming site

An ambitious and promising sci-fi animation will be released on Chinese streaming platform Tencent Video on December 30, according to its production studio D.ROCK-ART on Thursday.

Set in a time when human beings have conquered the solar system and are now launching expeditions toward faraway regions of the galaxy, Knight on Debris explores stories about the mysterious Abyss - an advanced culture in possession of great and horrifying powers.

"We created a universe for it, which includes Interstellar Holy, New Federal, Empire and Abyss," said Ni Zhenjie, producer of Knight on Debris and founder of D.ROCK-ART, which is based in Hangzhou, East China's Zhejiang Province.

"We spent four years developing the entire story, targeting the global audience, including those in Europe, the US and Japan."

According to Ni, this framework will act as a jumping-off point for Knight on Debris to develop a number of spin-off stories featuring different characters in the hope of creating a sci-fi franchise.

At the announcement ceremony, the Beijing International CG Animation Film Festival kicked off a project to support original animated works.

Banned

Tencent is my savior. My fav fighting game used to be Street Fighter. I would always play Ryu or Ken. Along came The King's Avatar and I is no longer interested in Street Fighter. To me the character design of Han Wenqing seemed 10x more handsome than Ryu. And Ye Xiu is just a cleverly disguised Ken, flamboyant with Chinese characteristics.

BTW, did you know how Star Wars came to be? Basically, the Anglosaxons/Jews that occupied Hong Kong prior to the handover back to China copied Jin Yong's work. They got spies infesting Hong Kong who were very literate in Chinese and knew a good thing when Jin Yong became popular. That's y the first Star Wars movie appeared 10 years after Jin Yong published Condor Heroes. A movie obsessed with people losing their arms, a space ship named after a gigantic bird. A son redeemed his father who went to the darkside. It's all very Condor Heroes to me...

ALAS, I tired of Star Wars. The last Star Wars I ever paid attention to was Episode VII. I've watched Episodes I-VI. Didn't even finish Episode VII. I hope Tencent could do to Star Wars what they did to Street Fighter with this animated series, basically reduce SW to cosmic dust, fullfil my sci-fi needs, etc.

Banned

Banned

Knights On Debris,theme song “Fluorescent” PV:

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Tencent is my savior. My fav fighting game used to be Street Fighter. I would always play Ryu or Ken. Along came The King's Avatar and I is no longer interested in Street Fighter. To me the character design of Han Wenqing seemed 10x more handsome than Ryu. And Ye Xiu is just a cleverly disguised Ken, flamboyant with Chinese characteristics.

BTW, did you know how Star Wars came to be? Basically, the Anglosaxons/Jews that occupied Hong Kong prior to the handover back to China copied Jin Yong's work. They got spies infesting Hong Kong who were very literate in Chinese and knew a good thing when Jin Yong became popular. That's y the first Star Wars movie appeared 10 years after Jin Yong published Condor Heroes. A movie obsessed with people losing their arms, a space ship named after a gigantic bird. A son redeemed his father who went to the darkside. It's all very Condor Heroes to me...

ALAS, I tired of Star Wars. The last Star Wars I ever paid attention to was Episode VII. I've watched Episodes I-VI. Didn't even finish Episode VII. I hope Tencent could do to Star Wars what they did to Street Fighter with this animated series, basically reduce SW to cosmic dust, fullfil my sci-fi needs, etc.
    Wish list: (Things I want to see a Chinese version of AND done right!)

Sailor Moon
    Street Fighter (done = The King's Avatar)
    STAR WARS
    Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
    StarFox (<= this probably the one I want the most but probably the hardest too...)

Banned

This scene really impressed me. Basically replaying the holographic data from a spaceship wreck. Don't think Star Wars ever did something like this. The closest they came to this was like 2 seconds of hologram Leia asking for help recorded by R2D2. Star Wars is just a cheap wuxia knock off anyways...

Banned

4 more days until this series release. I'm probably gonna download an HD version from some shady website for offline viewing when it becomes available...

Banned

Released on time as promised (Dec 30, 2020):

The last time I watched anime, I downloaded the King's Avatar S1 in HD from animetosho dot org. I don't see Knights listed there yet. Crossing my fingers it gets uploaded there soon.

Banned

Halfway thru Ep1... OMG the first thing I like, the travel thru the worm hole. It's colored and winding, unlike in Star Wars just streaks of white light overtaking the screen. In Space Sheriff Gyaban (Japanese series), the worm hole travel is straight, but it's colored.

Worm hole travel
    ----------------

STAR WARS: Straight and monochrome
    Space Sheriff Gyaban: Straight and colored
    Knights on Debris: Winding and colored

Verdict
    -------

STAR WARS: 0 points
    Space Sheriff: 1/2 points
    Knights on Debris: 1 full point

Banned

Ep. 1 (different source, has 1080p option, but NOT ENG subtitles/ The one with ENG subs see post above but only 720p option):

Last edited by hirobo2; 12-30-20 at 02:09 PM.

Banned

Ep 2 (720p w ENG subs):

Banned

Ep 2 (1080p w/o ENG subs):

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Ep 2 (1080p w/o ENG subs):

Thank God this vid was taken down fast. Video quality was worse than the first ep. Uploader should b ashamed of themself...

Banned

Ep 1+2 (missing the prologue):

Banned

Ep 1 (1080p):

Banned

Banned

Ep 2 (1080p):

Banned

Ep 1 (1080p w ENG subs):

Wow this series being taken down fast on YT (those w ENG or Indo subs). Luckily a new one pops up as they're being taken down...

Banned

Ep 2 (1080p w ENG subs):