Thread: COVID-19 Overrated: Unnecessary Depression and Anxiety

Default COVID-19 Overrated: Unnecessary Depression and Anxiety

Our world has changed a lot because of the pandemic. A lot of theories have evolved, and it's hard to know which is which already. Nevertheless, COVID-19 is real, whether it's overrated or not, it has caused us unnecessary depression and anxiety.

What's your experience during the lockdowns. We're you affected mentally or were you able to deal with it early on?

I've developed anxiety this year because of the pandemic, not because of what happened to me but for my parents who are both vulnerable to the virus, I know they are doing well in isolation but I just can't keep myself from thinking any better. That's why I always made sure that I kept my mind busy with other things and luckily, it's been keeping me out of the sad topic.

That's great to hear. Maybe it's normal to experience anxiety when it first came off the news as we were caught off guard. It's like the movies are coming true and we kind of have an idea what's going to happen. I believe things are starting to get better. We just need to be careful and be happy as much as we can during this time.

Hey @kmoley. How are you doing? Been doing some reading to understand the virus even more. I thought if I understand it better, the less anxiety I would have. I thought you also might want to check it out https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...s-for-covid-19

Wishing you well. Keep safe!

. . PM, .