Thread: Liu Cixin's Three-Body

Banned

Default Liu Cixin's Three-Body

http://en.people.cn/n3/2020/1215/c90000-9799230.html

Filming completed for highly-anticipated Chinese TV drama "Three-Body"

(Xinhua) 09:25, December 15, 2020

Filming has completed for "Three-Body," a live-action TV drama adaptation of Liu Cixin's Hugo Award-winning sci-fi novel "The Three-Body Problem."

The show's official social media account broke the news Monday in an announcement along with a promotional video, which however did not specify the date of release.

"The Three-Body Problem" is the first book of a sci-fi trilogy that revolves around physicist Ye Wenjie's contact with the Trisolaran civilization existing in a three-sun system, and the centuries-long clashes that follow between earthlings and the aliens.

Chinese sci-fi fans are looking forward to the adaptation of the critically acclaimed trilogy into movies and TV dramas. An animated adaptation of "The Three-Body Problem" was inaugurated last year as a project by the Chinese online video sharing platform Bilibili and scheduled for online release in 2021.

"The Wandering Earth," another sci-fi novel by Liu Cixin, was turned into a 2019 blockbuster film that generated a total China box office revenue of 4.68 billion yuan (around 716 million U.S. dollars).

Banned

Any1 looking forward to this series? Contacting aliens from a solar system with 3 suns... How cool is that?

About time China did something Sci-Fi. Left and right only churning out period dramas about some Crown Prince falling in love with some alpha female. Really boring stuff, no wonder China is having scientific problems like microchips.

Do they have a trailer for this already? I can't wait to see this one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kmoley View Post
    Do they have a trailer for this already? I can't wait to see this one.
    Me too I can't wait. It's also said that Netflix is producing a series based on this story. Is the Netflix and this one the same thing? I do not know...

Banned

It's finally happening. China has started to go Sci-Fi!!

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1214146.shtml

Following 'The Three-Body Problem,' made-in-China game proves Chinese sci-fi ready to lead the world

By Ji Yuqiao Published: Jan 27, 2021 06:43 PM

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2021/2021-01-25/f744f445-1e36-45d8-b30b-f995c4a2118a.jpeg')

One hour after being launched on Steam, the galaxy-themed online game "Dyson Sphere Program," made by a game company in Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, rushed to the top of the best sales chart on the platform, stunning gamers around the globe.

Five days after its debut on Friday, 96 percent of the more than 4,300 reviews of the game have been positive.

"Warning: This game will eat your time. There were so many moments I wanted to exit then the sun rose and I saw what I had made, then played for at least 2 or 3 more hours," one player commented on Steam.

The game has players build factories around the galaxy and combines that with a background of a Dyson planet. The developers set many small and periodical goals in the game so not only sci-fi fans, but also ordinary players can understand the rules.

Many players built factories overnight on the night of release, filling their entire planet with resource harvesting factories.

A long-time user of Steam surnamed Xiao told the Global Times on Tuesday that she had bought and played the game.

"The visual and audio in the game are great. I am not very familiar with science fiction but it generated my interest in the genre," she said.

"The game made me connect it to The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin and other brilliant Chinese science fiction works. Don't know why, but science fiction works have become a part of Chinese culture that can lead the world," another Chinese netizen commented.

China's sci-fi industry has been rapidly developing in recent years, with its output value in 2019 reaching 65.87 billion yuan ($9.84 billion), up 44.3 percent compared with that of 2018, the Xinhua News Agency reported.

According to the China Science Fiction Conference held in Beijing, sci-fi games contributed to the industry most with an annual output value of more than 43 billion yuan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    It's finally happening. China has started to go Sci-Fi!!

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202101/1214146.shtml

Following 'The Three-Body Problem,' made-in-China game proves Chinese sci-fi ready to lead the world

By Ji Yuqiao Published: Jan 27, 2021 06:43 PM

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2021/2021-01-25/f744f445-1e36-45d8-b30b-f995c4a2118a.jpeg')

One hour after being launched on Steam, the galaxy-themed online game "Dyson Sphere Program," made by a game company in Southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, rushed to the top of the best sales chart on the platform, stunning gamers around the globe.

Five days after its debut on Friday, 96 percent of the more than 4,300 reviews of the game have been positive.

"Warning: This game will eat your time. There were so many moments I wanted to exit then the sun rose and I saw what I had made, then played for at least 2 or 3 more hours," one player commented on Steam.

The game has players build factories around the galaxy and combines that with a background of a Dyson planet. The developers set many small and periodical goals in the game so not only sci-fi fans, but also ordinary players can understand the rules.

Many players built factories overnight on the night of release, filling their entire planet with resource harvesting factories.

A long-time user of Steam surnamed Xiao told the Global Times on Tuesday that she had bought and played the game.

"The visual and audio in the game are great. I am not very familiar with science fiction but it generated my interest in the genre," she said.

"The game made me connect it to The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin and other brilliant Chinese science fiction works. Don't know why, but science fiction works have become a part of Chinese culture that can lead the world," another Chinese netizen commented.

China's sci-fi industry has been rapidly developing in recent years, with its output value in 2019 reaching 65.87 billion yuan ($9.84 billion), up 44.3 percent compared with that of 2018, the Xinhua News Agency reported.

According to the China Science Fiction Conference held in Beijing, sci-fi games contributed to the industry most with an annual output value of more than 43 billion yuan.
    Only on Steam? Don't know how it works. Never used it. Don't care for it. It's too bad!