Thread: Harmony OS

Banned

Default Harmony OS

https://cntechpost.com/2020/12/16/hu...-by-next-year/

Huawei aims to have HarmonyOS on 100 million devices by next year

2020-12-16 11:14:24 GMT+8 | cnTechPost

Huawei's goal for HarmonyOS by 2021 is to cover more than 100 million devices from more than 40 leading brands, said Wang Chenglu, president of Huawei's Consumer Business Software Division, in announcing the launch of HarmonyOS for Mobile Developers Beta today.

This year, Midea Group, Joyoung, Robam Appliances, and iHaique are already equipped with HarmonyOS, he said.
    Wang said that the rapid development of IoT is a historic opportunity for the mobile industry in the next decade, but mobile Internet innovation is still limited to single devices on cell phones.

He noted that system fragmentation hinders business innovation in the Internet of Everything era. This is because developers have to repeat development for different devices and lack efficient development tools. Consumers also lack an app ecosystem, and apps need to be installed repeatedly.

HarmonyOS, on the other hand, is built for the Internet of Everything, with a better experience and more entry points.

For example, he said that with HarmonyOS, JD.com App can run on TVs and even devices with screens such as refrigerators, which will allow hundreds of millions of devices to become new entrances for users to reach JD.com.

In addition, millions of cars can become the entrance of Himalaya Podcast Player App, and more smart terminals will become the payment entrance of UnionPay, such as PC, TV, etc.

Banned

I am looking forward to Harmony OS for PC. Microsoft had been an eyesore to me for a few years now. I simply refuse to use Windows 10 for its intrusive behavior. Won't even look at new PC hardware coz they all run Win 10. Let's hope Huawei can provide a better alt to Windows so my inner geek can continue to look forward to modern computing!

Huawei always had the edge when it comes to these things. Hopefully, they could make a difference this time.

Banned

Harmony OS timeline:

HongmengOS 1.0 – 2019 (for TVs)
    HongmengOS 2.0 – 2020 (for PCs, SmartWatch/Bands, In-Vehicle Systems)
    HongmengOS 3.0 – 2021 (for Smart Speakers and Headphones)
    HongmengOS 4.0 – 2022 (for VR Glasses and more)

--------

All I'm hearing in the news is Harmony OS for smafos. I'm hoping Huawei hadn't forgotten the "for PC" part...

Banned

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei....512333.0.html

Huawei ARM-based laptop key specs leaked: Qingyun L410 with 8-core HiSilicon Kirin 990 SoC suggests potential 5G support

Details and key specifications for Huawei’s upcoming ARM-based laptop have been leaked on social media. It appears the notebook, which currently has the name Qingyun L410, is powered by the 8-core 5G-capable HiSilicon Kirin 990 chipset. It’s not known if the Huawei laptop will be launched outside of China.

Huawei seems to be ready to launch its ARM-based Qingyun L410 laptop as a shipping label for the device has appeared in an image posted on Weibo. Along with showing that the Huawei laptop is relying on the HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G chip that was released in 2019, the label also reveals some of the other details about the main components.

This particular SKU will feature 8 GB RAM and a 512 GB SSD. The 14-inch Huawei Qingyun L410 laptop has a recorded box weight of 2.252 kg and apparently comes with a 1080p display. The same person who leaked the image also stated that the ARM laptop will operate on Deepin 20 OS, which is a Linux distribution. It has been reported that the device will eventually utilize HarmonyOS, which should afford increased interactivity with other Huawei devices.

The Kirin 990 5G features a Balong 5G modem so it seems possible that the Huawei Qingyun L410 laptop will support 5G connections and will be targeted at the portion of the market looking for thin and light laptops that offer good energy-efficient performance. No official release date or prices have been revealed yet, and there is a chance that this ARM laptop may remain in the confines of the Chinese borders after launch.

---------------

IMO UOS (Deepin Linux) is kinda lame. The point of having a computer is to use it to compute stuff (write your own custom software). Microsoft has .NET Framework and Visual Studio. Harmony OS has Ark compiler and its own SDK. UOS has nothing! Dumb dumb dumb. I admire UOS for having a refreshing desktop environment, but everything else says it's a lazy effort aimed at cash grabbing just coz Windows is banned in Chinese institutions. Where innovation is is in Harmony OS!

eager to try it, just dont want to purchase an expensive huawei model

Banned

Android. What a piece of junk. All my android tabs are useless entertainment devices. Can't do useful stuff like online banking, emailing coz I know Google spying on everything I do. Can't wait till other tablet manufacturers adopt Harmony OS...

I heard Huawei will release their OS this year, is it correct? If so, I can't wait to buy me my first huawei phone!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kmoley View Post
    I heard Huawei will release their OS this year, is it correct? If so, I can't wait to buy me my first huawei phone!
    Yeah, Huawei phone with Harmony OS coming out this year. It's all rumors, but I been reading Huawei phones 1-2 years older (ie. P30) eligible for Harmony OS too.

Banned

Harmony OS boot screen:

I been noticing this theme: Software designed by the West seemed like designed by retards. When I took a look at a page loading error screen in QQ Browser vs the error screen in Microsoft Edge, the latter looked retarded while the former looked lively with animations.

Harmony OS boot screen, what a beauty!

I will be a big customer of Harmony OS. Can finally do online banking knowing Google will never spy on my activities. Hell, I don't even do online banking in Windows 10 nor MS Edge. On an MS PC, online bank only in Win7/8.1 or XP...

People have been asking or hoping for some apple and Android plus a little something new... and harmony seems to at least be trying to fulfill those desires!