View Poll Results: 无崖子 vs Sweeper Monk. Who is the stronger fighter?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 无崖子

0 0%
  • Sweeper Monk

4 100.00%

Thread: 无崖子 vs Old Sweeper Monk. Who is the strongest fighter in Demi Gods Semi Devils?

Default 无崖子 vs Old Sweeper Monk. Who is the strongest fighter in Demi Gods Semi Devils?

Wu Ya Zi as the leader of the 逍遥 sect, is the definitive fighter in the entire novel that possesses the full repertoire of the 逍遥 sect's skills.

He might have been versed in all other sects' skills as well, considering that he kept a vast library of almost kungfu manual imaginable.

Had he not been crippled, could he have bested Old Sweeper Monk?

What do you think?

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiaop View Post
    Wu Ya Zi as the leader of the 逍遥 sect, is the definitive fighter in the entire novel that possesses the full repertoire of the 逍遥 sect's skills.

He might have been versed in all other sects' skills as well, considering that he kept a vast library of almost kungfu manual imaginable.

Had he not been crippled, could he have bested Old Sweeper Monk?

What do you think?
    無崖子 was roughly on a par with 天山童姥, who I estimate was only marginally better than Qiao Feng. Sweeper Monk could comfortable handle 3 to 4 fighters on Qiao Feng's level so enough said.

Totally agree..

I wonder if BMSG could drain the sweeper monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    I would say no. In Smiling Proud Wanderer, Fangzheng was able to use a water downed version of Yijin Jing to resist Star Absorbing Power. Although it was not explicitly stated that Sweeper Monk knew YJJ, he understood enough about it to know that Jiumozhi was studying it in secret, which would indicate he had quite a comprehensive understanding of the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I would say no. In Smiling Proud Wanderer, Fangzheng was able to use a water downed version of Yijin Jing to resist Star Absorbing Power. Although it was not explicitly stated that Sweeper Monk knew YJJ, he understood enough about it to know that Jiumozhi was studying it in secret, which would indicate he had quite a comprehensive understanding of the skill.
    I was thinking that too, but then DY never learnt the full BMSG & i read somewhere that XXDF was derived from 2 sentences that DY had written down.

If that's true then XXDF is far from the full BMSG and we never saw the full skill in action.

Well Beiming Shengong or Xixing Dafa never "work" to people with comparable inner strength or higher than him/her AFAIK..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well Beiming Shengong or Xixing Dafa never "work" to people with comparable inner strength or higher than him/her AFAIK..
    Oh how was it in the novel? I've only seen the adaptations.

So DY had higher internals than everyone that he had absorb including Jiumozhi? I was under the impression that DY had lower internals to the ones he had sucked hmm

Oh how was it in the novel? I've only seen the adaptations.

So DY had higher internals than everyone that he had absorb including Jiumozhi? I was under the impression that DY had lower internals to the ones he had sucked hmm
    That is obviously not the case, since DY started below everyone in the inner power hierarchy, and absorbed his way to the top. With XXDF, you have to destroy your inner power foundations to get started, which is one stated reason why it was so dangerous to practice - you have to absorb power (presumably forcefully) from those who will initially be leaps and bounds above you.

The only one who was shown to be resistant to the absorbing effect was Fangzheng, whose qi was so condensed that it could not be siphoned off. LHC absorbed some of Chongxu's inner power when they clashed weapons, and LHC wasn't even actively trying at that point. Even DFBB was not immune, but because he was so flighty and the only contact was fleeting via a needle, it did not amount to much.

yes, to learn XXDF and BMSG , you cannot have any inner energy, so the practitioner always start from zero inner energy , and sucking one by one victims. so the failure of RWX failed to suck Fangzheng is not because of the target had deeper inner energy.
    other than Fangzheng, there was also someone who successfully resisted to be sucked, which was Jiumozhi, when in the well scene, DY tried to suck him, then Jiumozhi closed his own meridians and DY failed , until WYY bit, punch, kick Jiumozhi that made him lost concentration and his meridians open and energy absorbed by DY.
    i believe it's not stated why Fangzheng can resisted, it may due to his unique inner energy (or Yijinjing) or he know how to counter it , using the same method as JMZ or other technique

fun fact #1:
    i heard that in DGSD comic drawing by Tony Wong, Murong Fu learned BMSG, then sucked sweeper monk's abundant inner energy, then he became invicible, and then fought the trio protagonist.
    i LOL'ed so hard hearing this.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    fun fact #1:
    i heard that in DGSD comic drawing by Tony Wong, Murong Fu learned BMSG, then sucked sweeper monk's abundant inner energy, then he became invicible, and then fought the trio protagonist.
    i LOL'ed so hard hearing this.
    And there you have it. MRF is top dog and BMSG is the best skill. The practitioner will suck everything in their path.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

In the SPW, Zuo Lengchan had devised and trained two techniques after his first fight with Ren Woxing. His most famous method was training in 'cold' energy. His second method was to hide his internal energy if Zuo and Ren would clash. Ren Woxing was quite suprised by this method. Ren Woxing had encountered situations in which he could not absorb his adversary's internal energy (like what happened with his fight with Abbot Fangzheng), but someone hiding his internal strength was novel to him.

It makes me wonder if this 'hiding' internal energy could work against BMSG. I also like to know how Zuo managed to do this though.
    Last edited by Athena; 02-11-21 at 04:58 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    In the SPW, Zuo Lengchan had devised and trained two techniques after his first fight with Ren Woxing. His most famous method was training in 'cold' energy. His second method was to hide his internal energy if the Zuo and Ren would clash. Ren Woxing was quite suprised by this method. Ren Woxing had encountered situations in which he could not absorb his adversary's internal energy (like what happened with his fight with Abbot Fangzheng), but someoone hiding his internal strength was novel to him.

It makes me wonder if this 'hiding' internal energy could work against BMSG. I also like to know how Zuo managed to do this though.
    Murong Fu was also able to use Star Shifting technique to redirect Ding Chunqiu's attack. It seems evasion can be quite effective against Qi destroying attacks.

Can RWX or DY suck ZWJ's 9Yang energy?