Thread: Equalizer Setting for Bass Boost

Banned

Default Equalizer Setting for Bass Boost

Windows 7+ has built-in Bass Boost under speakers enhancements. But I can't get it with Realtek integrated soundcards. So I can only play with the equalizer to achieve this. Does anyone know of a good equalizer setting to boost the bass?

Banned

This one sounds impressive. But I wanna know which settings Windows uses by default for bass boost... Becoz I compared Windows Bass Boost vs SRS audio (used in Sony TV's and also had a PC app a while back) and the Windows sounded more impressive.

BTW, can only deal with basic equalizer settings that comes with Windows. There are professional software equalizers with many more options than Windows provided, but I don't wanna touch anything by a 3rd party that could come with spyware/keyloggers...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    This one sounds impressive. But I wanna know which settings Windows uses by default for bass boost... Becoz I compared Windows Bass Boost vs SRS audio (used in Sony TV's and also had a PC app a while back) and the Windows sounded more impressive.

BTW, can only deal with basic equalizer settings that comes with Windows. There are professional software equalizers with many more options than Windows provided, but I don't wanna touch anything by a 3rd party that could come with spyware/keyloggers...
    31 62 125 250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k 16k

Those are the only settings available with Windows built-in equalizer, like in the video. Anyways, the settings in the video only sound good with music and songs. It's terrible for general purpose bass boost (gaming/movies/etc.) The built-in Windows bass boost is good in all scenarios. But it's not available with Realtek soundcards.

I'm going to have to live with SRS Audio Sandbox for now. Doesn't sound as good as the Windows algorithm, but suitable for every types of sounds. It's no longer available on SRS official website, but u can probably download it thru Wayback machine...