Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 113: Au Yeung Hak (LOCH) vs. Fok Do (ROCH)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 113: Au Yeung Hak (LOCH) vs. Fok Do (ROCH)

Revisiting an old classic: the fan-wielding young subvillains of LOCH (Au Yeung Hak) and ROCH (Fok Do) go at it.

Both have great masters, both are clever and sly, and both are adept at trickery.

For some reason I think Fok Du will slightly have the edge. This is probably influenced by the fact that he handled himself fairly well against Guo Jing when they fought at the QuanZhen Sect at the beginning of the story, and at the Heroes Gathering he handled himself fairly well against the guy who fights with the ink brush, as well as against a mid-level Yang Guo. Not only that but at the event to appoint a new Beggar Clan leader, he did well against Yelu Qi when disguised as a Beggar.

Remember, this is only when both are taken straight from their time periods and not following the timeline (otherwise Au Yeung Hak, if he survived and was no longer injured, would be much older than Fok Do if they met).
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FalconPunch190 View Post
    Both have great masters, both are clever and sly, and both are adept at trickery.

For some reason I think Fok Du will slightly have the edge. This is probably influenced by the fact that he handled himself fairly well against Guo Jing when they fought at the QuanZhen Sect at the beginning of the story, and at the Heroes Gathering he handled himself fairly well against the guy who fights with the ink brush, as well as against a mid-level Yang Guo. Not only that but at the event to appoint a new Beggar Clan leader, he did well against Yelu Qi when disguised as a Beggar.

Remember, this is only when both are taken straight from their time periods and not following the timeline (otherwise Au Yeung Hak, if he survived and was no longer injured, would be much older than Fok Do if they met).
    FD is trickier but OYH had snakes and poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    FD is trickier but OYH had snakes and poison.
    Well Ouyang Feng also have snakes and venoms but he still need 9 Yin to beat Hong Qigong and Huang Yaoshi..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well Ouyang Feng also have snakes and venoms but he still need 9 Yin to beat Hong Qigong and Huang Yaoshi..
    True but at H7G & HYS level most poisons wouldn't effect them but FD is nowhere near that level.

True but at H7G & HYS level most poisons wouldn't effect them but FD is nowhere near that level.
    Then why Hong Qigong teach Rain Petal Skills to Huang Rong (pre Dog Beating/9 Yin) to counter Ouyang Ke's snakes which mean Huodu which stronger than Huang Rong at that point should be could handle Ouyang Ke's snakes too with different ways..

Then why Hong Qigong teach Rain Petal Skills to Huang Rong (pre Dog Beating/9 Yin) to counter Ouyang Ke's snakes which mean Huodu which stronger than Huang Rong at that point should be could handle Ouyang Ke's snakes too with different ways..
    Bit of a leap there as we really don't know how good FD's needle throwing skills were compared to HR at the beginning of LOCH. However, even if we assume FD did have comparable skills in that regard that only means he can nullify the snakes. OYH had other poisons at his disposal.

Bit of a leap there as we really don't know how good FD's needle throwing skills were compared to HR at the beginning of LOCH. However, even if we assume FD did have comparable skills in that regard that only means he can nullify the snakes. OYH had other poisons at his disposal.
    Huodu also have his own poisons behind his fan..

Huodu also have his own poisons behind his fan..
    True but White Camel Mountain's poison was famously powerful and OYF was one of its greatest users. OYH being brought up by him would have had extensive knowledge of using it. I seriously doubt FD had comparable backgruond.

True but White Camel Mountain's poison was famously powerful and OYF was one of its greatest users. OYH being brought up by him would have had extensive knowledge of using it. I seriously doubt FD had comparable backgruond.
    I also doubt Ouyang Ke skilled enough to use poisons since he never use during fight..

Quote Originally Posted by FalconPunch190 View Post

I'm not sure I'd characterize Fok Do's performance against Gwok Jing at the Chung Yeung Temple as "fairly well." Fok Do was embarrassing himself flailing ineffectually upon Gwok Jing's chest, and nearly suffered a fatal aneurysm after Gwok Jing grabbed Fok Do's fan. The only reason Fok Do didn't die ignominiously or end up crippled for life was because Gwok Jing had no desire to harm him (maybe on the account that he might have been related to one of Gwok Jing's old Mongol buddies).

I also doubt Ouyang Ke skilled enough to use poisons since he never use during fight..
    Even with OYF we only see him use poison once in an actual fight, yet there is no doubting his proficiency in the art. With OYH in his fights he either did not have the opportunity or it was inconvenient for him to do so.

Even with OYF we only see him use poison once in an actual fight, yet there is no doubting his proficiency in the art. With OYH in his fights he either did not have the opportunity or it was inconvenient for him to do so.
    That's why I say Ouyang Ke's snakes and poisons might be didn't "work" against Huodu since he never use any of poisons in fight he also never "cheated" he is more proud/arrogant than Huodu given his status as Ouyang Feng's "heir" while Huodu he never mind using "dirty tricks" even against people like Lu Yujiao..

That's why I say Ouyang Ke's snakes and poisons might be didn't "work" against Huodu since he never use any of poisons in fight he also never "cheated" he is more proud/arrogant than Huodu given his status as Ouyang Feng's "heir" while Huodu he never mind using "dirty tricks" even against people like Lu Yujiao..
    I wouldn't give OYK that much credit. In his 'fights' with HR he was trying very hard not to hurt her. In his fights with GJ, H7G was always there so he could not use poison. In an all out fight with HD I do not see him being so restrained.

I wouldn't give OYK that much credit. In his 'fights' with HR he was trying very hard not to hurt her. In his fights with GJ, H7G was always there so he could not use poison. In an all out fight with HD I do not see him being so restrained.
    That's why I highly doubt his "tricks" would help him against Huodu since Huodu more cruel and crafty fighter proven by his fight against Zhu Zhuliu Yelu Qi and Lu Youjiao..

That's why I highly doubt his "tricks" would help him against Huodu since Huodu more cruel and crafty fighter proven by his fight against Zhu Zhuliu Yelu Qi and Lu Youjiao..
    Au Yeung Hak can summon armies of venomous snakes and scorpions. Not sure what Fok Do could do to counter that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Au Yeung Hak can summon armies of venomous snakes and scorpions. Not sure what Fok Do could do to counter that.
    Well Ouyang Feng's more dangerous with snakes and poisons than everyone in Trilogy but why he never use it continuesly against Huang Yaoshi or Hong Qigong even Qiu Qianren..

Well Ouyang Feng's more dangerous with snakes and poisons than everyone in Trilogy but why he never use it continuesly against Huang Yaoshi or Hong Qigong even Qiu Qianren..
    He did use it against H7G during their fight on the ship and again at the battle of the Drunken Immortal Pavillion. It takes time to gather enough snakes and poison to threaten someone on a Great/near Great level, but HD was nowhere near that level. OYK could just throw a dozen snakes at him and HD would be in trouble.

He did use it against H7G during their fight on the ship and again at the battle of the Drunken Immortal Pavillion. It takes time to gather enough snakes and poison to threaten someone on a Great/near Great level, but HD was nowhere near that level. OYK could just throw a dozen snakes at him and HD would be in trouble.
    Indeed. Au Yeung Hak typically used the snakes, scorpions, etc., highly effectively against opponents as powerful as Mui Chiu Fung (slightly stronger than himself). It didn't work against Greats because...well, they're Greats. It also became less effective against Gwok Jing after Gwok Jing drank the blood of Leung Tze Yung's snake (granting him limited resistance to snake venom), but against Fok Do, it should work well.

So the battle now include poisons and snakes so why we also "summon" Guo Jing's twin eagles and Yang Guo's divine eagle too as well as Li Mochou projectile weapons..