Thread: TenCent officially on my unreliable entities list

Banned

Default TenCent officially on my unreliable entities list

Gonna b lots of fun watching China crack down on Tencent after seeing what happened to Jack Ma. I knew something was wrong when Tencent refused to release Crossfire in ENG on YT. And now refusing to release Ep8 of Knights on Debris even to hardcore anime pirate websites that only pirate un-subbed RAWs in Chinese. What a greedy company this Tencent. Like those billions u made from mobile games not enuf? Have to oppress viewers of TV shows too?

U now officially on my unreliable entity list Tencent. I'm gonna do to u everything u make from now on (dramas movies games software devices u name it) like those consumers doing publicly on TikTok to H&M Nike Addidas just now...

Banned

BTW Tencent, even ur public releases (on YT) sucked. King's Avatar anime S1 only had Ep1 subbed in ENG on YT. Now that TKA no longer popular, u went ahead and released all anime S2 in ENG on YT. No thanks! Douluo Continent had audio cut out every 5 mins replaced with ads audio soundtrack from Google ads while drama still playing. Not the first time happened n only to u shows on YT not other companies from China. Ur WeTV app sucks, slow as hell on 1080p, the fcuk I wanna pay premium WeTV for slow as arse streaming. Overall what a lame company Tencent. Never used Wechat b4. Supposedly the only good thing from u, but even u getting out competed by Chinese gov in this w digital RMB.
    Last edited by hirobo2; 03-31-21 at 08:30 AM.

Banned

We want to wish u well, Tencent. But u only want to wish your viewers ill, so we will wish u ill back!

The fcuk does these to their protagonists? Stabs MC in the middle of the abs with a long sword from behind the back (Fan Xian/Joy of Life). Tears off the wings of MC with her screaming twice, once in the beginning, once towards the end (Feng Ru Che/Castle in the Sky 2). Tears off his limbs bits by bits, then rips off his head from his torso while still "alive and kicking" (Axiuluo/Knights on Debris). Only Tencent!

Banned

A lot of times, I see clueless companies like Tencent conducting business the wrong way. A while ago, I read on the news Tencent was trying to litigate some ppl who leaked some TV dramas episodes online ahead of schedule. Essentially trying to shut down the illegal drama distribution channel(s).

So, here's a basic business lesson for clueless companies like Tencent:

Give b4 u take

1. I have never seen a business prosper where they try to eliminate the portion of their user base that are freeloaders in order to increase the proportion of their user base that are paying members. Dumb dumb dumb. There's never been a case where you'll have a high rate of paying members and earn more cash. The laws of nature do not dictate this. You can't have the same size planet and expect more gravity. Want more gravity? Get a bigger planet! Want to earn more money? Have more freeloaders AND paying members. You cannot have more paying members and earn more cash becoz u cannot have more gravity for the same size of a planet in a solar system! It's all about the size of the ecosystem not the rate of paying members.

2. The smartest move Microsoft ever made: They encouraged ppl to pirate Windows XP. More ppl using Windows XP the more ppl got sucked into the Microsoft ecosystem. Don't matter they lost money to the pirates, the larger ecosystem ensured more revenue trickled into their system thru the enterprise users!

3. The next smartest move Microsoft ever made: Windows 8 bombed. Few ppl cared for it. The way it was designed also made it hard to pirate. The result: It bombed big time! Then they flipped thru their economics playbook from the Windows XP era and decided to use the same trick on Windows 10. You can still get Windows 10 for free thru some upgrade tricks, even though they're charging a retail license. This is essentially encouraging ppl again to legally pirate Windows 10. Look at the Microsoft market capitalization today! Whew! Think they got there by trying to sabotage the proportion of their user base that are freeloaders?

4. I seen this in online mobile games too. The ones that prosper were the one that encouraged ppl to "cheat and hack" without getting caught. There is the illegal cheat that causes your account to get banned, and there are legal ones that seek to exploit some loopholes within the game. The games that got killed off in the end where the ones that went hard on their freeloader user base ensuring that the ecosystem had an increasingly dwindling user base and led to the game's demise in the end.

Think u smart and have great business sense? Encourage more freeloaders into your user base! The laws of nature dictate that the larger your user base, the more money u make. It's that simple!

Banned

Tencent does post some Illuminati shiet like have a label that reads "AIO" on a piece of hospital equipment. (Any1 who's ever studied the Illuminati/secret societies knows AIO is related to raising the Kundalini serpent). I nearly rolled my eyes when I saw this in Knights on Debris. But their business strategy (see post above this) is dumber than Zionist companies like Microsoft. Those Zionists nearly killed ZTE. Not to underestimate their "gameplay" and tactics. Love to see them do same on dumb companies like Tencent but not those that make the Zionists shiet in their pants like Huawei.

Banned

Looks like Tendumb company finally released Ep 8 of Knights on Debris to pirates after a couple months delay.

So, I'll go ahead and scratch them off my unreliable entities list for now...

A word to the wise who think it's a good idea to mess with the online piracy community. Take the lesson from Microsoft:

You can lose territory (money lost to piracy) but keep men (the user base), you can recover territory (look at Microsoft encouraging piracy of Windows XP and Windows 10 and look at their market capitalization today). But if you lose men (user base/viewers/consumers) then u lose both!