Thread: Epub/Mobi/Pdf/Txt Files of Translated Works

Default Epub/Mobi/Pdf/Txt Files of Translated Works

Anyone have any sets of compiled works for any of the novels posted here? It came to mind recently that this forum might not be forever and it'd be a shame to just lose all the translations people post here. For example, I compiled the DGSD mobi files and have them as a backup in case I ever want to refer to them again. I'd like to do the same for the other works (mostly JY novels..) If someone's already done that process (or have all the translations in a text document), that'd be awesome! Otherwise, it looks like the only way is to copy/paste all the chapters manually.

There is this spcnet thread for some posted ebooks. There might be a few other similar ones. https://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthr...sions-of-Wuxia Another place to look for copies of some stuff on spcnet.tv forums is on web archives such as Internet Archive Wayback Machine https://archive.org/web/ and archive.today http://archive.ph/ Edit. Also see https://wuxiasociety.com/ (Sorry, sometimes spcnet screws up all of my formatting. I don't know why nor how to fix it.)
    Last edited by texture; 05-14-21 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    Anyone have any sets of compiled works for any of the novels posted here? It came to mind recently that this forum might not be forever and it'd be a shame to just lose all the translations people post here. For example, I compiled the DGSD mobi files and have them as a backup in case I ever want to refer to them again. I'd like to do the same for the other works (mostly JY novels..) If someone's already done that process (or have all the translations in a text document), that'd be awesome! Otherwise, it looks like the only way is to copy/paste all the chapters manually.

half of the novels posted here are already vanish, because they didnt post the text directly here, but instead posted a link to another website or forum, which already dead link.

some examples of the dead link are:
    7 Weapons series Book 2 Peacock Feather by Gu Long
    The Tale of Refining the Sword Like Cleansing the Flower translation (Gu Long)
    The Flower Guarding Bell aka hu hua ling by gu long
    Full Moon Curved Sabre translation by Gu Long
    Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu by liang yusheng
    Chu LiuXiang's Legend of the Bat
    possibly the eleventh son aka xiao shi yi lang too
    etc...

if any old members had a chance to download or backup it before, please contact me at [email protected] or share it here or any other place
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 07-04-21 at 02:05 AM.

@texture, Yeah I skimmed it real quick and wasn't too hopeful on which links still work, etc.

@tumiwa, yeah it's a huge shame really. I think the JY links are still OK, just need to make sure to compile a backup before it goes dead.

I'm mostly interested in JY works at the moment so those are my priority. I may try those first...

Quote Originally Posted by CancerLuna View Post
    @texture, Yeah I skimmed it real quick and wasn't too hopeful on which links still work, etc.

@tumiwa, yeah it's a huge shame really. I think the JY links are still OK, just need to make sure to compile a backup before it goes dead.

I'm mostly interested in JY works at the moment so those are my priority. I may try those first...

i compile all of them on my blog

https://jianghuindo.blogspot.com/202...-jin-yong.html

let's pray someone willingly translate sword stained with royal blood or finishing the young flying fox
    i hope there is also the book and the sword fans translation that is unabridged, i dont really like the graham's version, cut too many stories
    Last edited by a_tumiwa; 07-04-21 at 02:07 AM.

just checked, they update sswrb, now all the chapters are complete uploaded.
    what do you think about the translation?
    even though my english is not fluent, i think that the english translation is not top tier

@texture: it is consume so much time to translate wuxia novel, i feel that the owner of website use some kind of translator machine and then edit some parts himself.

Typing has never been my favorite task, and I tend to jot everything down on paper first. However, I've found a great solution in typewriting services that effortlessly convert my handwritten notes into various formats like PDF. I truly appreciate how they make this tedious job so easy, making my work much more convenient and efficient.