Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heroes 说英雄谁是英雄 (2021/22)

I found that this is not really classic Wuxia and the fight scenes are not that good but agree it is one of the better wuxia airing these days. Sigh these days Wuxia is soo dying, I knew it that we can't expect too much.

But I also found the show a bit boring, it's like a beautiful drama with beautiful scenes, weapons, props and costumes but it's hard to care for the characters, the love traingle between the supporting casts are also too over dramatic, maybe if there is one who is worth cared about it is Lei Chun's adopted brother Di Feijing

I usually think it's the director n script writers fault for trying to deviate from source materials.

Like in beginning it was good then traveling, finding jobs, becoming sworn brothers etc. Then after that one strong guys death n main six hall leader story just felt like going nowhere.

Same happened with who rules the world. Beginning was good then all focus on imperial family got boring.

I think with these wuxia series having the main character start off op doesn't give them room for growth. Exception was bai switching sides n lei chun but she didn't really do much.

And alot of scenes seems to be cut or edited bad. Major fight between difijin n yikan wasn't there n wang xiaoshi sifu n wenrou vs doom thirteen.

That's y usually jin ying series r good bc most main doesn't start strong then start learning etc traveling jianghu etc made the Adventure entertaining instead of staying in on set location. In here they were just in capital. But makes u wonder y the four constables don't come to help instead of just name dropping em.

Anyone seen the finale 2 episodes yet?

And comment on whether the action and suspense is any good?

Just saw, are you kidding me with the suicide resolution??

Yea. I guess they did that so wang xiaoshi have clean hand for not saying his brother.

But yea series started off good but drop. Wished they did better in action scenes . Felt more like director was trying to keep it 80s style with no CGI or explosion.

I know people hated on bai choifei but in his defense from this series not novel he was power hungry to begin with but learning his brother died and being tortured in prison and poison lead him to his path.

Lei chun just went evil after the incident but didn't really did much. Felt like she was reason that help bai choifei turned darker since she was under the chancellor.

Man why can't we get good wuxia series with good fights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Yea. I guess they did that so wang xiaoshi have clean hand for not saying his brother.

But yea series started off good but drop. Wished they did better in action scenes . Felt more like director was trying to keep it 80s style with no CGI or explosion.

I know people hated on bai choifei but in his defense from this series not novel he was power hungry to begin with but learning his brother died and being tortured in prison and poison lead him to his path.

Lei chun just went evil after the incident but didn't really did much. Felt like she was reason that help bai choifei turned darker since she was under the chancellor.

Man why can't we get good wuxia series with good fights etc.
    Mind if i ask how did it end in the novel? Have difficulty reading Chinese, wished there was a translation of the novel

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    It would have been nice if Bai Choufei turns a good leaf and lives in seclusion with Lei Mei? I guess the director felt it would be too abrupt for Bai Choufei to suddenly turn good.

Lei Chun watching Su Mengzhen dying in front her was the best retribution for her, its called thats what you get for not appreciating the person in front of you. Her father's death was his own doing and not Su Mengzhen's fault. Betraying Su Mengzhen's love for her by marrying an enemy and feeding him with some poison was the worst thing she could ever do. In the end, its either she live on alone in misery or kill herself. Best option is kill herself.

Overall, this is certainly not the best wuxia but a decent one to kill time.

Still stuck in the 30++ episodes or so, feel bored to continue it doesn't really reach my expectation of wuxia and I think the fight scenes are not up to standard

Suicide? The ending?

It's poorly written, to me. Why suicide route and not just 1 character.

Bai Choufei is kinda like Darth Vader, except instead of doing anything good (throw emperor down the shaft) and die a redeemed hero, he basically "I rather suicide then redeem and die honorably"

Perhaps this is weaker Wuxia, but still the one and only BEST wuxia at THIS time nowadays, deeply unfortunate.

Bottom line, the problem isn't just this show. I don't like where China is trending towards lately, Wuxia/KungFu stuff is being massively neglected, and letting to DIE. This is a (sad) FACT!

Let's talk about world popularity. Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, Michelle Yeoh they are NOT known for their romantic and Xian Xia roles (which most Chinese show are now despite so.)

MOST modern Wuxia just only have only 10% good fights, the rest almost have no effort into it(just some fake moves, zoom-gimmicky effects and it's good enough *sigh*)

Not just with this show, China have to recognize what are popular among the world, and I bet even many living in China themselves are asking "Where have outstanding Wuxia/KungFu series gone to these days?"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post

Lei Chun watching Su Mengzhen dying in front her was the best retribution for her, its called thats what you get for not appreciating the person in front of you. Her father's death was his own doing and not Su Mengzhen's fault. Betraying Su Mengzhen's love for her by marrying an enemy and feeding him with some poison was the worst thing she could ever do. In the end, its either she live on alone in misery or kill herself. Best option is kill herself.
    1) She didn't want to marry Bai ChouFei he forced her to. She complained, and has to marry or she would LOSE everything.

2) She is a BEAUTIFUL girl, men can't wait to want for wife, no way she gonna live alone. But that's not the point. Suicide, suicide, suicide to end the show as resolution to characters is just bad writing.

Let's not forget this is ancient China, not modern day America or even modern China,.where if any women tell men I don't want to have sex or marry you that is the end of it.

She hated marrying Bai Choufei, but she just must, once again, due to the ancient China tradition/situation.

It also clearly showed Bai Choufei was just an A-hole. Killing innocent wasn't the only thing evil he die. Forcing her to marry him, was NOT true love but Lust and power-hungry!

1) She didn't want to marry Bai ChouFei he forced her to. She complained, and has to marry or she would LOSE everything.

2) She is a BEAUTIFUL girl, men can't wait to want for wife, no way she gonna live alone. But that's not the point. Suicide, suicide, suicide to end the show as resolution to characters is just bad writing.
    She could either choose to live happily with Su Mengzhen and lose power but she choose power and revenge so in a way she sow what she reap. Even if Bai Choufei pointed a knife to her neck, if she doesnt want to marry him nothing she can do

I wouldnt say she is Beautiful as per say, cute looking is how i see, i find Lei Mei more attractive lol but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. End of the day, one way or other, they are all going to die the only question is when and how. for Lei Chun she made her choices in life and in the end it was destined that she would die by taking her own life, such is life.

I am actually watching it with an open mind and for entertainment purposes so the ending to me is what it is. If you can recommend me any better wuxia dramas i would be happy to take a look.

I think one that came out couple years that was pretty good was Moon brightens for you ... Was pretty good story etc

Story wasn't well written, cuz whatever she wants she still ended up caring for SuMengZen

I looked at it as she had no choice but must marry him, but not sure that's a sensible story-telling according to what happened.