Thread: Can a Great evade Jebe arrow?

Default Can a Great evade Jebe arrow?

Jebe was a skilled archer and given the spacing and all a Great could do was evade his arrows.

Would a Great be able to evade Jebe's arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Jebe was a skilled archer and given the spacing and all a Great could do was evade his arrows.

Would a Great be able to evade Jebe's arrows?
    Depends on a few factors:

1. Is the Great aware that Jebe is around and taking aim at him?

2. How many tries does Jebe get?

3. Is the Great allowed to vacate the area, or is he/she stuck within range of the arrows?

I can see a Great deflecting or evading a few shots, but his/her luck will eventually run out if he/she doesn't vacate the area. After all, lesser archers than Jebe managed to injure even Chow Bak Tung very late in ROCH (of course, that was massed archers...possibly hundreds of them).

1. The great is aware.
    2. Jebe gets 10 arrows.
    3. The great can only stay in a 3m square area.

1. The great is aware.
    2. Jebe gets 10 arrows.
    3. The great can only stay in a 3m square area.
    I think the Great can take this, but he/she needs to focus and not take Jebe lightly. Jebe was the finest archer in the Mongol Empire, so a moment's loss of concentration can have deadly consequences. If the Great focuses, however, his/her chances of getting through this uninjured are quite good.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Shouldn't be a problem as Greats are able to avoid/deflect HYS's Divine Flicking Fingers. I can't see Jebe's arrows being any faster or powerful than HYS's signature move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem as Greats are able to avoid/deflect HYS's Divine Flicking Fingers. I can't see Jebe's arrows being any faster or powerful than HYS's signature move.
    From wikipedia.

"Esungge (son of Genghis Khan's younger brother) shot a target at 335 alds (536 m or 586 yards)."

Not sure if any of the finger skills was able to perform such feat?

Also the Eagles that GJ killed, i assume they were flying pretty high. Not sure if HYS is able to kill a pair of Eagles with his Divine Flicking Fingers at the same height?
    Last edited by Stance; 05-30-21 at 09:46 AM.

From wikipedia.

"Esungge (son of Genghis Khan's younger brother) shot a target at 335 alds (536 m or 586 yards)."

Not sure if any of the finger skills was able to perform such feat?
    Difficult to say as I don't think JY gave such precise description of the skill. However, the movement of drawing and aiming a bow, not matter how fast cannot be quicker than the flicking of a finger. If a Great can react to a finger flick then they should be able to react to a bow being drawn.

Difficult to say as I don't think JY gave such precise description of the skill. However, the movement of drawing and aiming a bow, not matter how fast cannot be quicker than the flicking of a finger. If a Great can react to a finger flick then they should be able to react to a bow being drawn.
    Yeah true, but it surprised me when i was looking up archery and how skillful an archer can be.

This is what i found on Wikipedia.

"Lars Andersen (born 8 November 1964) is a Danish painter and archer. Claiming to hold a world record for speed, he is able to shoot 10 arrows in 4.9 seconds or 3 arrows in 0.6 seconds."

https://youtu.be/vZSYh-qIAOk

Yeah true, but it surprised me when i was looking up archery and how skillful an archer can be.

This is what i found on Wikipedia.

"Lars Andersen (born 8 November 1964) is a Danish painter and archer. Claiming to hold a world record for speed, he is able to shoot 10 arrows in 4.9 seconds or 3 arrows in 0.6 seconds."

https://youtu.be/vZSYh-qIAOk
    I watched a couple of Lars videos, very impressive. I also found this series very interesting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVbwZbg9Oc&t=8s
    To think that the Han Dynasty crossbows could launch arrows at comparable to speed to their medieval counterparts is incredible.

I watched a couple of Lars videos, very impressive. I also found this series very interesting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZVbwZbg9Oc&t=8s
    To think that the Han Dynasty crossbows could launch arrows at comparable to speed to their medieval counterparts is incredible.
    This video and the comments made me laugh lol

One could become a Porcupine with this guy.

https://youtu.be/usmSXsyJJn8

Yes, a Great could evade a high-leveled archer's arrow, similar to Jebe.

Translation by Leviathan, Athena, et al.:

Although Meng-Ge was the emperor of the Mongolians, he rode horses and trained in archery since young, just like Genghis Khan and his father, and he conquered the European territories on horse-back. Now he was thrown into the air but he did not panic and steadied himself. He grabbed a bow and hooked his legs firmly onto the horse. He then turned his body and shot an arrow at Yang Guo.

Yang Guo ducked and quickly picked up a larger stone and shot it out with all his strength. The stone flew like a missile, ripped through the Khan and emerged from his chest, shattering on impact. The Khan’s organs were crushed and he fell of his horse dead.

At 38:37 ou yang ke blocks or holds off multiple arrows. I think anyone that has alot of chi will or whatever will be able to sense the arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Yes, a Great could evade a high-leveled archer's arrow, similar to Jebe.

Translation by Leviathan, Athena, et al.:

Although Meng-Ge was the emperor of the Mongolians, he rode horses and trained in archery since young, just like Genghis Khan and his father, and he conquered the European territories on horse-back. Now he was thrown into the air but he did not panic and steadied himself. He grabbed a bow and hooked his legs firmly onto the horse. He then turned his body and shot an arrow at Yang Guo.

Yang Guo ducked and quickly picked up a larger stone and shot it out with all his strength. The stone flew like a missile, ripped through the Khan and emerged from his chest, shattering on impact. The Khan’s organs were crushed and he fell of his horse dead.
    Jebe was a much better archer than Mongke. Mongke was a good archer, but Jebe was legendary. His name became synonymous with "ace archer." We're talking possibly Green Arrow/Hawkeye level.

While a Great likely can dodge/block an arrow or two from Jebe, if I'm a Great, I don't want to take my chances against the guy for long. Sooner or later, one is going to land.

Yang Guo use the HIS to block/destroy the oncoming arrows, along with his lightness kung fu to evade and get close enough for a strike.
    Or get close enough to use Divine Flicking technique to kill Jebe.