0 0%
  • >1000 jins

0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    No character is invincible, except for the demonic swordsman, Dugu qiubai.

Name a character from tier 80 to 90 who could defeat post-16 YG equipped with the HIS and explain how.
    Duan Yu DFBB Xiaoyao Elders all could beat YG especially for Xiaoyao Elders..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    vs Duan Yu:
    First of all, Jinyong explicitly stated that DY's 6MS sometimes work and sometimes don't.
    This will bring his overall level dramatically down.
    DY has very high internal and great lightness skills. However, his inexperience, especially against Great-caliber fighters is also his weakness.
    In a fight against DY, YG would use his Heavy Iron Sword as a shield, protecting his body and blocking DY's 6MS from distant attacks.
    YG would use his great lightness skills to get to speed with DY.
    Once YG is close enough, he would unleash his most powerful moves.
    Since DY's close combat skills are not that great, YG would defeat him quickly.

vs DFBB:
    We have already discussed this.
    With the overwhelming force from the HIS, its ingenious techniques, along with YG's great lightness skills and defensive skills from 9yin, YG would defeat DFBB in a relatively quick fashion.

vs Duan Yu:
    First of all, Jinyong explicitly stated that DY's 6MS sometimes work and sometimes don't.
    This will bring his overall level dramatically down.
    DY has very high internal and great lightness skills. However, his inexperience, especially against Great-caliber fighters is also his weakness.
    In a fight against DY, YG would use his Heavy Iron Sword as a shield, protecting his body and blocking DY's 6MS from distant attacks.
    YG would use his great lightness skills to get to speed with DY.
    Once YG is close enough, he would unleash his most powerful moves.
    Since DY's close combat skills are not that great, YG would defeat him quickly.
    At end-DGSD DY more experience than when he fought MRF in Shaolin his 6MSJ isn't joke at all and with JMZ power boost make it more deadly and hard to avoid even for YG so as long DY could keep distant from YG he wouldn't lose..

vs DFBB:
    We have already discussed this.
    With the overwhelming force from the HIS, its ingenious techniques, along with YG's great lightness skills and defensive skills from 9yin, YG would defeat DFBB in a relatively quick fashion.
    Unfortunately YG only have one arm which make him in "danger" situation when DFBB launch multiple attack in multiple against so for me the chance was 50:50 or 51:49 for DFBB..

Unfortunately YG only have one arm which make him in "danger" situation when DFBB launch multiple attack in multiple against so for me the chance was 50:50 or 51:49 for DFBB..
    Sori I mean multiple attack in multiple angle with his/her lightning speed..

I don't see any difference when JLFW attacked YG with his wheels, multiple attacks at different angles.

During this final fight, Jinyong stated that YG was not at a disadvantage against JLFW immense strikes with his weapons.

During the six-year ocean training, YG improved his strength enormously, along with training against the powerful South Sea waves, which came at him from different directions at once.

Therefore, YG's ocean training well prepared him to deal with someone like DFBB.
    Bringing the wooden sword would increase his quickness and agility for this duel.

vs the Xiaoyao Elders:

Didn't they transferred all of their internal energy to Xuzhu, giving them no chance against YG

You think the elders could go head on blow by blow with XF dragon's palms. They would need to dissipate or lessen the powerful palms somehow.
    Against YG, the HIS with it enormous power and its ingenuity would pose a huge problem for the elders.
    I think at the HIS stage with wooden stage internal energy, YG would have a very decent chance of defeating any elder.
    This is similar to Dugu qiubai after the HIS stage with six-year ocean training and before mastering the wooden stage.
    Therefore, it would be a very decent chance for post-16 YG equipped with the HIS to win.

I don't see any difference when JLFW attacked YG with his wheels, multiple attacks at different angles.

During this final fight, Jinyong stated that YG was not at a disadvantage against JLFW immense strikes with his weapons.

During the six-year ocean training, YG improved his strength enormously, along with training against the powerful South Sea waves, which came at him from different directions at once.

Therefore, YG's ocean training well prepared him to deal with someone like DFBB.
    Bringing the wooden sword would increase his quickness and agility for this duel.
    Only XLN could rivaled DFBB speed and agility..

vs the Xiaoyao Elders:

Didn't they transferred all of their internal energy to Xuzhu, giving them no chance against YG

You think the elders could go head on blow by blow with XF dragon's palms. They would need to dissipate or lessen the powerful palms somehow.
    Against YG, the HIS with it enormous power and its ingenuity would pose a huge problem for the elders.
    I think at the HIS stage with wooden stage internal energy, YG would have a very decent chance of defeating any elder.
    This is similar to Dugu qiubai after the HIS stage with six-year ocean training and before mastering the wooden stage.
    Therefore, it would be a very decent chance for post-16 YG equipped with the HIS to win.
    But YG is not DGQB he also never reach DGQB level..

But YG is not DGQB he also never reach DGQB level..
    I think entering the wooden stage is more than enough to defeat any elder.
    DGKB's ultimate stage "may" only be necessary to defeat an opponent of Sweeper monk's level.

Ken Cheng merged my threads and wrote the thread title.
    However, no hype here, just my personal analysis and opinions
    Lol so funny

Only XLN could rivaled DFBB speed and agility..
    I wonder how XLN with Left-Right technique using two swords would fare against DFBB?
    This duel would be an amazing, dazzling show.

To Mandred Skavenslayer:
    I don't remember you posting your fight script version of post-16 YG with the HIS vs DFBB.
    I thought you were working on the writeup for this duel?

I wonder how XLN with Left-Right technique using two swords would fare against DFBB?
    This duel would be an amazing, dazzling show.
    I think in pure martial arts contest (technique) XLN would win since her Jade Maiden Sword + L/R Hand Skill didn't have flaw at all but in terms of overall skill DFBB much better than her..

I think in pure martial arts contest (technique) XLN would win since her Jade Maiden Sword + L/R Hand Skill didn't have flaw at all but in terms of overall skill DFBB much better than her..
    Jinyong stated overwhelming force will overcome speed.
    I think overwhelming force is also the answer to defeating Left-Right techniques.

Jinyong stated overwhelming force will overcome speed.
    I think overwhelming force is also the answer to defeating Left-Right techniques.
    Yeeep but in terms of pure technique alone Jade Maiden Sword with L/R Hand Skill almost "flawless"..

Yeeep but in terms of pure technique alone Jade Maiden Sword with L/R Hand Skill almost "flawless"..
    If YG wants to test XLN's martial arts after the 16-year interlude, and they have a friendly duel, how would it goes?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

@FeilongZ I understand that you like Yang Guo. I love this character too, and I love his relationship with the Little Dragon Girl. I love Yang Guo because of his personality, because of his deeds as 神雕侠 because of his love for the Little Dragon Girl.

However, I feel that you as a fan of his are so besotted with him that you are trying to find reason to over glorify his martial arts to make him peerless. You are now even putting up a thought of him dueling THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE. Jin Yong wrote Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl to be the antithesis of Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying. Whatever Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying did wrong, Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl do right. Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying were so busy showboating to each other, that it drove them apart.

Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl just want to enjoy a life where they don’t have to fight each other to prove something. Yang Guo can just display it; the Little Dragon Girl can display it. There is no need for any (friendly) duel.

You are envisioning scenario that goes against the wishes of the writer and the characters themselves.

飛龍道兄, I think you have lost the plot (of ROCH).

小妹冒犯了。
    Last edited by Athena; 07-21-21 at 05:56 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    @FeilongZ I understand that you like Yang Guo. I love this character too, and I love his relationship with the Little Dragon Girl. I love Yang Guo because of his personality, because of his deeds as 神雕侠 because of his love for the Little Dragon Girl.

However, I feel that you as a fan of his are so besotted with him that you are trying to find reason to over glorify his martial arts to make peerless. You are now even putting up a thought of him dueling THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE. Jin Yong wrote Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl to be the antithesis of Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying. Whatever Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying did wrong, Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl do right. Wang Chongyang and Lin Chaoying were so busy showboating to each other, that it drove them apart.

Yang Guo and the Little Dragon Girl just want to enjoy a life where they don’t have to fight each other to prove something. Yang Guo can just display it; the Little Dragon Girl can display it. There is no need for any (friendly) duel.

You are envisioning scenario that goes against the wishes of the writer and the characters themselves.

飛龍道兄, I think you have lost the plot (of ROCH).

愚姐冒犯了。
    To Athena:
    I just want to demonstrate to @Western Eccentric that overwhelming force (explicitly stated by Jinyong during the fight of JLFW vs XLN) could overcome her speed and Left-Right techniques. Since YG knows this theory well, he could overwhelm her in a few blows with the wooden or Heavy Iron Sword, of course in a hypothetical duel.
    Ultimately, I want to demonstrate that with the overwhelming force of the HIS and its ingenious techniques created by Dugu qiubai, six-year ocean training, his 9yin defensive skills, his great lightness skills, and experience fighting Great-caliber opponents, YG would have a high chance of defeating DFBB in a hypothetical fight.

I think this Wuxia Fiction forum would not be as lively throughout the years if the hypothetical matchups threads were not created by me and other posters.
    Give credits to all the posters on this forum for all the exciting and well-thought threads, including @Athena and @Ken Cheng who also gave me the opportunity to participate in this forum

My background on why I have a special love for Yang Guo and Wuxia fiction:

YG has an eccentric personality, unconditional love for XLN and celibacy for 16 years, have natural human optimist traits (offer forgiveness and performed heroic deeds), and a powerful martial artist (Superman is my other favorite fictional character).

As I grow up in the states, my father watched a lot of Jinyong's tv series adapations in the 1990s.
    One of the first series that I watched with my father was ROCH 1983 with Andy Lau and Idy Chan.
    It became my favorite Wuxia series of all time and Andy Lau became my idol in movies and music.
    Moreover, my father read a lot of Jinyong's novels.
    Sometimes I would ask him questions and he would relate the information from the novels to me.