0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    To Athena:
    I just want to demonstrate to @Western Eccentric that overwhelming force (explicitly stated by Jinyong during the fight of JLFW vs XLN) could overcome her speed and Left-Right techniques. Since YG knows this theory well, he could overwhelm her in a few blows with the wooden or Heavy Iron Sword, of course in a hypothetical duel.
    Ultimately, I want to demonstrate that with the overwhelming force of the HIS and its ingenious techniques created by Dugu qiubai, six-year ocean training, his 9yin defensive skills, his great lightness skills, and experience fighting Great-caliber opponents, YG would have a high chance of defeating DFBB in a hypothetical fight.

I think this Wuxia Fiction forum would not be as lively throughout the years if the hypothetical matchups threads were not created by me and other posters.
    Give credits to all the posters on this forum for all the exciting and well-thought threads, including @Athena and @Ken Cheng who also gave me the opportunity to participate in this forum

My background on why I have a special love for Yang Guo and Wuxia fiction:

YG has an eccentric personality, unconditional love for XLN and celibacy for 16 years, have natural human optimist traits (offer forgiveness and performed heroic deeds), and a powerful martial artist (Superman is my other favorite fictional character).

As I grow up in the states, my father watched a lot of Jinyong's tv series adapations in the 1990s.
    One of the first series that I watched with my father was ROCH 1983 with Andy Lau and Idy Chan.
    It became my favorite Wuxia series of all time and Andy Lau became my idol in movies and music.
    Moreover, my father read a lot of Jinyong's novels.
    Sometimes I would ask him questions and he would relate the information from the novels to me.
    This is the part where I apologize for presuming, but you are so hyped over him that you are willing to engage and put your hero into a hypothetical that goes against his very nature and against a person he loves more than his own life to prove to another poster that Yang Guo could defeat another character from another novel. That sounds so illogical and bonkers (forgive me for saying that). It is a logical fallacy.

We should love these characters for their deeds for their personality, and that they have good martial arts is ‘cool and all’, but it should not reach the stage where one goes:” I am going to do anything possible to make him/her/them the strongest because I love him/her/them.” Then, it becomes scarily might makes right, and that is not wuxia.
    Last edited by Athena; 07-21-21 at 06:32 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    This is the part where I apologize for presuming, but you are so hyped over him that you are willing to engage and put your hero into a hypothetical that goes against his very nature and against a person he loves more than his own life to prove to another poster that Yang Guo could defeat another character from another novel. That sounds so illogical and bonkers (forgive me for saying that). It is a logical fallacy.

We should love these characters for their deeds for their personality, and that they have good martial arts is ‘cool and all’, but it should not reach the stage where one goes:” I am going to do anything possible to make him/her/them the strongest because I love him/her/them.” Then, it becomes scarily might makes right, and that is not wuxia.
    There is no hype in my analysis.
    I support my analysis with evidence from the novel and science/physics (Ocean waves and the HIS force).
    The only hype is the title that Ken Cheng created for this thread, "Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread."

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

There is no hype in my analysis.
    I support my analysis with evidence from the novel and science/physics (Ocean waves and the HIS force).
    The only hype is the title that Ken Cheng created for this thread, "Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread."

Respectfully,
    FeilongZ

With all due respect, you cherry pick your science. For example, when CC used science, you dismissed it as too advanced. When I wrote that very long post, you glossed over it. You don't discuss. You put up your cherry picked evidence, wrapped it around a bit of science and add an assertion and call it an analysis. I am quite sure that it is not an analysis but mere conjecture.

All of us don’t know, because wuxia mathematics don’t really make sense.
    Last edited by Athena; 07-25-21 at 05:15 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    With all due respect, you cherry pick your science. For example, when CC used science, you dismissed it too advanced. When I wrote that very long post, you glossed over it. You don't discuss. You put your cherry picked evidence, wrapped it around a bit of science and add an assertion and it an analysis. I am quite sure that it is not analysis but mere conjecture.

All of us don’t know, because wuxia mathematics don’t really make sense.
    @Athena:
    That is my approach and personal analysis.
    From my perspective, I truely think post-16 equipped with the HIS would wreck havoc against any character from the Condor Trilogy, and it is not even close.

Welcome to my thread

@Athena:
    That is my approach and personal analysis.
    Yeah, but it's only working for you.

From my perspective, I truely think post-16 equipped with the HIS would wreck havoc against any character from the Condor Trilogy, and it is not even close.
    It's your prerogative to believe that, but if you continue stating it as if it were fact (which you have a tendency to do), you're very soon going to be having this conversation with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah, but it's only working for you.

It's your prerogative to believe that, but if you continue stating it as if it were fact (which you have a tendency to do), you're very soon going to be having this conversation with yourself.
    Acknowledged

I think the final move, The Meaningless Wanderer, is unblockable due to its elusiveness/illusion-like effects.

The stance probably comes from the Jade Maiden or 9yin, but infused/powered with YG's six-year ocean training internal energy.
    No wonder, JLFW was hit and immediately coughed up blood and fell, mortally injured.

6MDS unstoppable chi sword comes out and slices his leg off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    6MDS unstoppable chi sword comes out and slices his leg off.
    I think in a very close-ranged combat, YG would finish Duan Yu quickly.
    For Duan Yu to have a decent chance, he needs to fire his 6MDS from a distance, and hopefully it works

For Duan Yu to have a decent chance, he needs to fire his 6MDS from a distance, and hopefully it works
    I don't think 6MDS is a LDP? Isn't it just 6 chi swords.

DY can easily evade YG at close range with his LBWW and then slicing him up with 6 chi swords.

Is not apple to apple IMHO the one master of hand to hand combat while the other is expert in finger strike..

DY can easily evade YG at close range with his LBWW and then slicing him up with 6 chi swords.
    I think against Duan Yu with fully functional 6MDS, YG would need to bring the HIS for defense against the 6 chi swords.
    Once YG gets close enough, he could unleash full-powered Sad Palms or just clobber him with the HIS.
    This strategy would give YG a very high chance of defeating Duan Yu.

I think against Duan Yu with fully functional 6MDS, YG would need to bring the HIS for defense against the 6 chi swords.
    Once YG gets close enough, he could unleash full-powered Sad Palms or just clobber him with the HIS.
    This strategy would give YG a very high chance of defeating Duan Yu.
    Further thoughts:
    I wonder how Dugu qiubai never defended even just once, especially against highly-skilled chi users like Solitary finger/6MDS.

Did he just use offensive sword stances or sword chi to counter the chi users' chi energy, without the need to defend or evade?

Further thoughts:
    I wonder how Dugu qiubai never defended even just once, especially against highly-skilled chi users like Solitary finger/6MDS.

Did he just use offensive sword stances or sword chi to counter the chi users' chi energy, without the need to defend or evade?
    We don't know who he fought against? It could had been 20 low tier fighters and self proclaims his undefeated

We don't know who he fought against? It could had been 20 low tier fighters and self proclaims his undefeated
    Extremely unlikely.
    Dugu qiubai was Jinyong's truely invincible character.
    A portion of his martial arts was used by LHC and YG and it shocked the jiānghú world.

Yang Guo uses palm blast to rustle up a cloud of dust into Duan Yu's face. As Duan Yu picks his nose to clear his nostrils, his chi swords go into his brain, killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Yang Guo uses palm blast to rustle up a cloud of dust into Duan Yu's face. As Duan Yu picks his nose to clear his nostrils, his chi swords go into his brain, killing him.
    So funny
    I like the strategy of using the HIS to created powerful wind energy or round up a cloud of dirt/dust and come in quickly for the kill.

So funny
    I like the strategy of using the HIS to created powerful wind energy or round up a cloud of dirt/dust and come in quickly for the kill.
    Sweeper monk stares at YG and his dead.

Sweeper monk stares at YG and his dead.
    Sweeper monk stares into YG's eyes and sees his life's agony and melancholy.
    Sweeper gets overwhelmed by YG's intense sadness, and YG took this golden opportunity to unleash true-powered Sad Palms on him.

Sweeper monk stares into YG's eyes and sees his life's agony and melancholy.
    Sweeper gets overwhelmed by YG's intense sadness, and YG took this golden opportunity to unleash true-powered Sad Palms on him.
    The palm strike bounces off SM and straight back into YG face and his dead again.