0 0%
  • >1000 jins

0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

To Ken:
    Instead of blinding all of them, YG would kill all of them in an instant with a regular sword or with a massive swing of the HIS if they were all standing close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    To Ken:
    Instead of blinding all of them, YG would kill all of them in an instant with a regular sword or with a massive swing of the HIS if they were all standing close to each other.
    Killing them all is actually easier than blinding them. Subduing without killing (especially with the precision needed to injure only the eyes) is in itself a supreme skill, especially with such precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    His epic feat of blinding nine experts with Dook Goo 9 Swords occurred before he learned Yik Gun Ging, however.

We also shouldn't sleep on Taoist Chung Hui: he was probably the best Mo Dong Sect swordsman since Cheung 3 Fung himself.
    Nach and I believe YG swormanship not worse than Chongxu if not better than Chongxu since YG have a lot of great-level swordplay skill so if LHC struggling against Chongxu even with DG9S how could his swormanship better than YG except we believe Chongxu swormanship better than YG which I highly doubt about it..

LHC even couldn't beat RWX in sword contest and RWX sword skill for me not a great-level like great-level swordplay in Trilogy..

YG has never been a swordsman. There is absolutely no evidence about his swords level. His only serious fight where he used a sword is against QQR but his victory was due to the advantage of the HIS, not due to sophisticated swords play. All statements about YG's swordsmanship is pure speculation.

LHC, on the other hand, is a swordsman. His feat of blinding 15 rivals at almost the same time, while having no power whatsoever, is a testament to his swordsmanship. LHC is far above YG in terms of swordsmanship. It doesn't mean LHC would beat YG of course. YG is still a better fighter overall. In a regular fight, YG would beat LHC. In a swords only fight, LHC would beat YG.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    YG has never been a swordsman. There is absolutely no evidence about his swords level. His only serious fight where he used a sword is against QQR but his victory was due to the advantage of the HIS, not due to sophisticated swords play. All statements about YG's swordsmanship is pure speculation.

LHC, on the other hand, is a swordsman. His feat of blinding 15 rivals at almost the same time, while having no power whatsoever, is a testament to his swordsmanship. LHC is far above YG in terms of swordsmanship. It doesn't mean LHC would beat YG of course. YG is still a better fighter overall. In a regular fight, YG would beat LHC. In a swords only fight, LHC would beat YG.
    Among JY main hero only YG could considered as a "well-rounded" fighter he good in hand to hand combat as well as in weapon skill especially sword since his best skill before he learn HIS is Jade Maiden Sword so it's not true if we call him not a "swordsman" of course before he create Sad Palm but there's not mean his swormanship "dismissed" and inferior to Chongxu which is LHC strongest swordsman he ever face except we believe Chongxu better than YG in swordplay..

Jade Maiden Sword is a gimmick. Besides, you need 2 people fighting in a formation to take advantage of it. At Great's level, Jade Maiden Sword should never be taken seriously. Practicing it doesn't mean you're a swordsman.

YG is a genius. He can learn anything. If he had devoted all his life to learning the sword, he would have been very good at it, probably even on par with LHC. But he didn't. He forged his own path, which is to merge everything he learned into his own art. He wouldn't be a better swordsman because of that but he would be a better fighter in the end because that path fits his personality.

Saying YG's swordsmanship is not as good as LHC's is not a diss on him. Not everyone needs to follow DGQB's path to become great. Xu Zhu, Sweeper monk and other characters in TLBB never picked up a sword and still became super-Greats. At their level, adding a sword, even a special sword, means nothing to their game. YG is the same. At his level, adding the HIS will not give him better fighting ability. That's why post-16, he no longer used the HIS, or any sword for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Jade Maiden Sword is a gimmick. Besides, you need 2 people fighting in a formation to take advantage of it. At Great's level, Jade Maiden Sword should never be taken seriously. Practicing it doesn't mean you're a swordsman.

YG is a genius. He can learn anything. If he had devoted all his life to learning the sword, he would have been very good at it, probably even on par with LHC. But he didn't. He forged his own path, which is to merge everything he learned into his own art. He wouldn't be a better swordsman because of that but he would be a better fighter in the end because that path fits his personality.

Saying YG's swordsmanship is not as good as LHC's is not a diss on him. Not everyone needs to follow DGQB's path to become great. Xu Zhu, Sweeper monk and other characters in TLBB never picked up a sword and still became super-Greats. At their level, adding a sword, even a special sword, means nothing to their game. YG is the same. At his level, adding the HIS will not give him better fighting ability. That's why post-16, he no longer used the HIS, or any sword for that matter.
    That's why YG regret he not bring HIS when he deal with JLFW in Xiangyang since he is not need HIS anymore..

YG thought that his martial arts was at a level that he would not need to bring the Heavy Iron Sword with him.
    After the regular sword broke when it clashed with Jinlun Fawang's wheel, he regretted and thought the HIS could deal with Jinlun Fawang's wheels better.
    YG was going win with or without the HIS.

It would have been a weird downer ending if the Golden Wheel Monk had somehow won (!) and sliced off Yeung Gor's head. Three cheers for Main Character Shielding!

YG thought that his martial arts was at a level that he would not need to bring the Heavy Iron Sword with him.
    After the regular sword broke when it clashed with Jinlun Fawang's wheel, he regretted and thought the HIS could deal with Jinlun Fawang's wheels better.
    More specific YG was proud with his Sad Palm but after his sword broken by JLFW wheel he realize he was "wrong"..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    More specific YG was proud with his Sad Palm but after his sword broken by JLFW wheel he realize he was "wrong"..
    Always go with your greatest strength. Ironically, this was a mistake that the Golden Wheel Monk usually made.

There was no way Jinlun Fawang getting out of the burning tower alive, no matter what strategy he used, unless he escaped after a few exchangs with YG.
    But that would ruin his reputation
    Poor Jinlun Fawang didn't know Jin Yong plotted for him to die

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Always go with your greatest strength. Ironically, this was a mistake that the Golden Wheel Monk usually made.
    I believe Sad Palm and HIS is the strongest art YG have but it's depends on the enemy if fare with unarmed enemy Sad Palm is enough but if against armed enemy like JLFW then HIS more "suitable" and "effective" IMHO except you could utilize Sad Palm till greatest strength every time you need which I think not every fight Sad Palm would could use in 💯% power..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I believe Sad Palm and HIS is the strongest art YG have but it's depends on the enemy if fare with unarmed enemy Sad Palm is enough but if against armed enemy like JLFW then HIS more "suitable" and "effective" IMHO except you could utilize Sad Palm till greatest strength every time you need which I think not every fight Sad Palm would could use in 💯% power..
    I think at some point during those sixteen years, Yeung Gor came to an epiphany like this: "I'm not Dook Goo Kau Bai. I'm Yeung Gor. I have gotten as far as I can get with Master Dook Goo's skills, and if I continue to focus on them, my growth will be limited. I need to find my own way to progress further."

The result: Sad Palms.

Default Yang Guo (HIS/full-powered Sad Palms) vs the 3 Du Monks

In this battle, post-16 YG comes equipped with Heavy Iron Sword and has not united with Xialongnu.
    YG found that Xialongnu is kept captive at Shaolin, and to see her, he must convincingly defeat the opponents at all costs.
    The 3 Du Monks use their formation.

How would the battle go and who will be victorious at the end?
    Please include the strategy used and number of stances the victor needs.

In this battle, post-16 YG comes equipped with Heavy Iron Sword and has not united with Xialongnu.
    YG found that Xialongnu is kept captive at Shaolin, and to see her, he must convincingly defeat the opponents at all costs.
    The 3 Du Monks use their formation.

How would the battle go and who will be victorious at the end?
    Please include the strategy used and number of stances the victor needs.
    This shouldn't be too hard (well, it will still be hard, because those monks and their formation are no joke, but it won't be impossibly difficult) with the Heavy Iron Sword, but maybe using the Gentleman Sword would be more suitable. The monks' whips are troublesome, but with a sharp weapon to hand, they will present less of a problem. Perhaps that pair of big scissors that Yeung Gor commissioned from Fung Mak Fung? Those would be ideal for this situation.

On second thought, this might be harder than I initially thought. The monks were quite confident that they could contain a single Greats-level fighter, but not two of them together. This could go either way, but I do recommend using the big scissors.

To Ken:
    Don't you go to sleep at all?
    I'm located in U.S., Pacific Time and it is midnight here
    Thanks for your thoughtful replies and kind of funny using the big scissors.

If YG use sword he would definitely win without doubt but if not he would die..