0 0%
  • >1000 jins

0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    And Yideng, after tanking several hits from Cien, knocked the HIS from Yang Guo's hand by exerting his internal. Yang Guo with the HIS was a great fighter, not necessarily a great martial artist.
    If YG isn't great martial artist how could he mastered HIS technique and method all by himself only in one month also no one Greats even no one of JY heroes could learn from bird like YG and his condor..

And Yideng, after tanking several hits from Cien, knocked the HIS from Yang Guo's hand by exerting his internal. Yang Guo with the HIS was a great fighter, not necessarily a great martial artist.
    To @pannonian:
    I explained this to @Western Eccentric before.
    Yideng's internal was indeed greater than pre-16 YG without the HIS power boost.

For the HIS to maximize its force, it needs to be in motion.
    Since Yideng's internal was greater than of YG's, he was able to heat up the HIS with his Solitary finger and was able to push the HIS aside because it was stationary.

I am confident that if pre-16 YG was to fight Yideng, Yideng would be at a disadvantage due to his old age, similar to when YG fought QQR.
    YG was getting stronger as the fight goes on, mostly due to the ingenuity of the HIS techniques.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    To @pannonian:
    Yideng's internal was indeed greater than pre-16 YG without the HIS power boost.

Since Yideng's internal was greater than of YG's, he was able to heat up the HIS with his Solitary finger and was able to push the HIS aside because it was stationary.

I am confident that if pre-16 YG was to fight Yideng, Yideng would be at a disadvantage due to his old age, similar to when YG fought QQR.
    YG was getting stronger as the fight goes on, mostly due to the ingenuity of the HIS techniques.
    YD might be much older than YG but he is like all of Greats was a better fighter than JLFW and QQR so he would fight stupidity like fighting in close combat with YG he would choose to keep distant with YG and fired Yiyang Zhi from afar..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    YD might be much older than YG but he is like all of Greats was a better fighter than JLFW and QQR so he would fight stupidity like fighting in close combat with YG he would choose to keep distant with YG and fired Yiyang Zhi from afar..
    Sori I mean he wouldn't fight stupidity like JLFW or QQR..

To @pannonian:

Ingenuity isn't how I'd described HIS techniques. It wouldn't be how Dugu Qiubai would describe them either.

And as for fighting prowess, see Guo Jing simultaneously holding off Ouyang Feng and Qiu Qianren, who were both doing their best to kill him quickly. Would you score Guo Jing's rating based on this one incident. Also, note that Yang Guo was taking Cien by surprise pretty much throughout their fight. That counts for a lot.

Ingenuity isn't how I'd described HIS techniques. It wouldn't be how Dugu Qiubai would describe them either.

And as for fighting prowess, see Guo Jing simultaneously holding off Ouyang Feng and Qiu Qianren, who were both doing their best to kill him quickly. Would you score Guo Jing's rating based on this one incident. Also, note that Yang Guo was taking Cien by surprise pretty much throughout their fight. That counts for a lot.
    @pannonian:
    This is the translation from the novel.
    The author wrote, "But Yang Guo’s swordplay was really a testimony of Dugu Qiu Bai’s ingenuity....Yang Guo’s sword skills were very similar to those of the unparalleled demonic swordmaster of the past era."

The fire in the room was suddenly blown out by a gust of wind rushing through that hole in the wall. Yang Guo came in with the wind, his sword pointing at Ci’en. He shouted, “Good, today you and I will fight.” Ci’en shot out his left palm, aiming to strike Yang Guo’s sword tip with his palm strength. But Yang Guo’s swordplay was really a testimony of Dugu Qiu Bai’s ingenuity. Even though their ages were far apart and he shouldn’t have been able to match this old master, with his sword practice under the mountain streams, the snake gallbladders that boosted his energy, and the divine condor’s help, Yang Guo’s sword skills were very similar to those of the unparalleled demonic swordmaster of the past era. As Ci’en’s palm arrived, Yang Guo’s sword tip was only nudged a few inches aside, and it was still pointing at Ci’en’s left arm. Horrified, Ci’en dodged to the right to escape the sword and quickly sent out another palm strike. With the two people’s marvelous skills, the palms and the sword were battling violently.

In the howling wind and storming snow, the two people’s wicked fight continued on. In over ten years, Ci’en had never got into a fight like this. He gave out a loud cry, his iron palms flitting and flying everywhere. Over a hundred moves passed, but his opponent’s sword strength was even more powerful. With his declining age, he’d gradually lose the fight. Yang Guo thrust his sword straight out. Seeing Ci’en dodging the blow, he quickly swept his sword around, and the fierce wind sent the snow swirling. Blinded by the snow, Ci’en quickly lifted his hand to wipe it off. Suddenly the black iron sword made contact with his right shoulder, and he felt as if his body was crushed by a thousand-catty weight. Not being able to keep his balance, he tumbled down with Yang Guo’s sword tip on his chest. Although the sword was blunt, its force was strangely fierce. With its tip pressing against his chest bone, he could only breathe out but couldn’t breathe in enough air.

@pannonian:
    This is the translation from the novel.
    The author wrote, "But Yang Guo’s swordplay was really a testimony of Dugu Qiu Bai’s ingenuity....Yang Guo’s sword skills were very similar to those of the unparalleled demonic swordmaster of the past era."

The fire in the room was suddenly blown out by a gust of wind rushing through that hole in the wall. Yang Guo came in with the wind, his sword pointing at Ci’en. He shouted, “Good, today you and I will fight.” Ci’en shot out his left palm, aiming to strike Yang Guo’s sword tip with his palm strength. But Yang Guo’s swordplay was really a testimony of Dugu Qiu Bai’s ingenuity. Even though their ages were far apart and he shouldn’t have been able to match this old master, with his sword practice under the mountain streams, the snake gallbladders that boosted his energy, and the divine condor’s help, Yang Guo’s sword skills were very similar to those of the unparalleled demonic swordmaster of the past era. As Ci’en’s palm arrived, Yang Guo’s sword tip was only nudged a few inches aside, and it was still pointing at Ci’en’s left arm. Horrified, Ci’en dodged to the right to escape the sword and quickly sent out another palm strike. With the two people’s marvelous skills, the palms and the sword were battling violently.

In the howling wind and storming snow, the two people’s wicked fight continued on. In over ten years, Ci’en had never got into a fight like this. He gave out a loud cry, his iron palms flitting and flying everywhere. Over a hundred moves passed, but his opponent’s sword strength was even more powerful. With his declining age, he’d gradually lose the fight. Yang Guo thrust his sword straight out. Seeing Ci’en dodging the blow, he quickly swept his sword around, and the fierce wind sent the snow swirling. Blinded by the snow, Ci’en quickly lifted his hand to wipe it off. Suddenly the black iron sword made contact with his right shoulder, and he felt as if his body was crushed by a thousand-catty weight. Not being able to keep his balance, he tumbled down with Yang Guo’s sword tip on his chest. Although the sword was blunt, its force was strangely fierce. With its tip pressing against his chest bone, he could only breathe out but couldn’t breathe in enough air.
    His sword skill might be no worse than DGQB but his internal strength I think still inferior to DGQB which perhaps around Greats when he roaming jianghu with HIS in his 20s also YG only have one arm which make him lack of agility than DGQB especially when fight multiple powerful opponents..

Yang Guo’s sword skills were very similar to those of the unparalleled demonic swordmaster of the past era
    Interesting, but similar in what sense? YG is still missing the counter techniques and never was he described as being matchless.

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Interesting, but similar in what sense? YG is still missing the counter techniques and never was he described as being matchless.
    Similar meaning, DGKB's third sword stage with the Heavy Iron Sword and its ingenious techniques.
    Pre-16 YG have fully mastered this stage and there is nothing DGKB could have taught him regarding this sword stage.
    The wooden sword stage and beyond is something else.

His sword skill might be no worse than DGQB but his internal strength I think still inferior to DGQB which perhaps around Greats when he roaming jianghu with HIS in his 20s also YG only have one arm which make him lack of agility than DGQB especially when fight multiple powerful opponents..
    Of course, pre-16 YG's internal was very good but not quite Great-level yet.
    I would say ~70% of pre-16 JLFW's internal at that time.

After six-year ocean training, YG raw internal and strength have surpassed any Great, very close to post-16 JLFW who have doubled his internal.
    Pre-16 YG techniques with the HIS was superior to any Great.

Comparing to prime DGKB, YG could be several tiers lower because he did not fully mastered the wooden stage, and there was also the swordless stage.

Of course, pre-16 YG's internal was very good but not quite Great-level yet.
    I would say ~70% of pre-16 JLFW's internal at that time.

After six-year ocean training, YG raw internal and strength have surpassed any Great, very close to post-16 JLFW who have doubled his internal.
    Pre-16 YG techniques with the HIS was superior to any Great.

Comparing to prime DGKB, YG could be several tiers lower because he did not fully mastered the wooden stage, and there was also the swordless stage.
    HIS DGQB perhaps around end-ROCH YG level so yeah prime DGQB should be 3x times better than HIS DGQB/end-ROCH YG..

Similar meaning, DGKB's third sword stage with the Heavy Iron Sword and its ingenious techniques.
    Pre-16 YG have fully mastered this stage and there is nothing DGKB could have taught him regarding this sword stage.
    The wooden sword stage and beyond is something else.
    More specific HIS didn't have any specific move so when you realize the philosophy "simplicity bring superiority" you could use every move and stance that you know before depends on your original skills..

More specific HIS didn't have any specific move so when you realize the philosophy "simplicity bring superiority" you could use every move and stance that you know before depends on your original skills..
    Great analysis.

HIS DGQB perhaps around end-ROCH YG level so yeah prime DGQB should be 3x times better than HIS DGQB/end-ROCH YG..
    So HIS stage DGKB's internal was similar ~ to post-16 YG with six-year ocean training?
    If yes, I wonder how or what internal method he used to be that strong.

So HIS stage DGKB's internal was similar ~ to post-16 YG with six-year ocean training?
    If yes, I wonder how or what internal method he used to be that strong.
    Well I don't know there is nothing "impossible" in wuxia logic depending the author if he want make you strong then you would be strong in one night like Xuzhu but if his intention only make you equal with Greats then you would be like GJ which still on par with Greats even with fully mastered of 9 Yin..

Well I don't know there is nothing "impossible" in wuxia logic depending the author if he want make you strong then you would be strong in one night like Xuzhu but if his intention only make you equal with Greats then you would be like GJ which still on par with Greats even with fully mastered of 9 Yin..
    Yup!
    Author's intentions are supreme.

To @Western Eccentric:

Didn't you think dragon palms was overrated.
    Overrated without a great internal method as a foundation.

Therefore, one who had mastered dragon palms could not become a Great without a great level external arts like 9yin, dog beating stick technique, etc.

Originally posted by @Western Eccentric:

18 Palm of Dragon Slaying is great art and arguably the most famous skill among Jin Yong novel but ironically this art never "beat" people in the same caliber of the user Xiao Feng never "beat" any of Murong Bo or Jiumozhi and Guo Jing also never "beat" any of Greats with this art..

That's mean 18 Palm of Dragon Slaying is "overrated"

Sorry for my bad English skill😅😅😅😅

To @Western Eccentric:

Didn't you think dragon palms was overrated.
    Overrated without a great internal method as a foundation.

Therefore, one who had mastered dragon palms could not become a Great without a great level external arts like 9yin, dog beating stick technique, etc.

Originally posted by @Western Eccentric:

18 Palm of Dragon Slaying is great art and arguably the most famous skill among Jin Yong novel but ironically this art never "beat" people in the same caliber of the user Xiao Feng never "beat" any of Murong Bo or Jiumozhi and Guo Jing also never "beat" any of Greats with this art..

That's mean 18 Palm of Dragon Slaying is "overrated"

Sorry for my bad English skill😅😅😅😅
    I mean Dragon Palm like other great-skill couldn't beat another Greats except for maybe Sad Palm and Jade Maiden Sword but you need to be YG (and desperate) or learn L/R Hand Skill like XLN to fully maximize these arts till highest level and I think isn't overrated at all since without Yiyang Zhi and Pre Heaven Art YD couldn't beat OYF so you should be have super-great art like HIS or LMSJ to beat people at Greats level if only great-skill not enough..

I mean Dragon Palm like other great-skill couldn't beat another Greats except for maybe Sad Palm and Jade Maiden Sword but you need to be YG (and desperate) or learn L/R Hand Skill like XLN to fully maximize these arts till highest level and I think isn't overrated at all since without Yiyang Zhi and Pre Heaven Art YD couldn't beat OYF so you should be have super-great art like HIS or LMSJ to beat people at Greats level if only great-skill not enough..
    So why is XF with dragon palms considered more powerful than the Greats?

So why is XF with dragon palms considered more powerful than the Greats?
    Perhaps in terms of power generated/exerted XF Dragon Palm > GJ/H7Q since he could fire Dragon Palm within 15-20 meters away which could kill opponent or seriously wounds them like The 4th Evil he seriously injured by XF LDA while in Trilogy no one Greats have this ability not even YG or GJ..