0 0%
  • >1000 jins

0 0%
  • Much Greater Than 1000 jins

1 100.00%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Yeung Gor Super Fantasy and Hype Thread

Default Yang Guo Sad Palms: How to Block/Avoid his 4 stances

I wonder if there is a way to block or avoid YG's 4 final stances when he unleashed against Jinlun Fawang.

Please provide strategy and details.

Translation from Laviation and Athena:
    Yang Guo backed away and retaliated with [In A State Of Disunity], [Irrational Direction], [The Settled Cessation] and another move quickly followed these three attacks which was the [The Meaningless Wanderer]. This stance was a kick, but it was a most elusive attack. Fa Wang could only vaguely see a leg, it was there but it was not. He could not avoid this kick and he suffered a heavy kick at his chest. He coughed up blood and fell.

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to block or avoid YG's 4 final stances when he unleashed against Jinlun Fawang.

Please provide strategy and details.

Translation from Laviation and Athena:
    Yang Guo backed away and retaliated with [In A State Of Disunity], [Irrational Direction], [The Settled Cessation] and another move quickly followed these three attacks which was the [The Meaningless Wanderer]. This stance was a kick, but it was a most elusive attack. Fa Wang could only vaguely see a leg, it was there but it was not. He could not avoid this kick and he suffered a heavy kick at his chest. He coughed up blood and fell.
    Use the DG9J Leg Breaking Stance. By positioning the sword such that YG's leg will be impaled if he continued kicking.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Put on Mr. Bean face mask. YG laughs. Not sad YG = useless Sad palms.

Trot out your highschool debate team on the side. Whenever YG uses his leg, have them yell out, "Hey, that's a leg, not Sad palms." YG loses on technicality.

I would like to think that on technicality and theory, (i.e. fighting without full force but just exchanging techniques) Z3F would beat all the ROCH Greats and GJ and YG and Wuji and even my fave XF.

But except for the old Greats, if it came to a death duel, Z3F gets disadvantaged by age and stamina.

DGQB would surely have cried with joy if he could travel in time to cross swords with Z3F.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I would like to think that on technicality and theory, (i.e. fighting without full force but just exchanging techniques) Z3F would beat all the ROCH Greats and GJ and YG and Wuji and even my fave XF.

But except for the old Greats, if it came to a death duel, Z3F gets disadvantaged by age and stamina.

DGQB would surely have cried with joy if he could travel in time to cross swords with Z3F.
    Well I highly doubt Z3F could bested XF in "technique" don't forget XF could use "ordinary" stance like Founder Long Fist to "toy" with formidable opponent like Xuanan and Xuanju..

I think technique-wise, Zhang Sanfeng should rank the highest in the Condor Trilogy, except for DGKB.

I think Jinyong answered a similar question regarding Sanfeng as the "Greatest Martial Artist" during an interview.

In theory, Sanfeng's Taijiquan is flawless.
    An ounce to overcome 1000 jin?
    Soft to overcome hard.

However, in a death fight, I cannot imagine Sanfeng could overcome someone of Yang Guo's caliber...
    YG's Sad Palms or Post-16 YG with HIS.

I think technique-wise, Zhang Sanfeng should rank the highest in the Condor Trilogy, except for DGKB.

I think Jinyong answered a similar question regarding Sanfeng as the "Greatest Martial Artist" during an interview.
    I highly doubt about it since greatest martial artist not always mean his/her own technique is "superb" or superior to others..

However, in a death fight, I cannot imagine Sanfeng could overcome someone of Yang Guo's caliber...
    YG's Sad Palms or Post-16 YG with HIS.
    They're on the same tier, y'know?

I reckon Post-16 YG with HIS could defeat anyone in the next tier. 80 to 90 level.
    Just my personal thoughts and analysis.

I reckon Post-16 YG with HIS could defeat anyone in the next tier. 80 to 90 level.
    Just my personal thoughts and analysis.
    Not a good look when one has to rely on a superweapon that the opponent doesn't have. If I used a baseball bat to fight my barehanded clone, I'd have an advantage too.

Well though I believe post 16 years HIS YG was indeed formidable but I highly doubt he is "invincible" even I never imagine he could beat XF which stand at Lv 82 (my personal level for him) let alone people like Xiaoyao Elders or DY (Lv 85+)..

My analysis of post-16 YG with the HIS:

Pre-16 YG internal is about 60-80% of pre-16 Jinlun Fawang internal, at 100%.

Let's said pre-16 YG internal is 70% of Fawang's internal, 70%+HIS adds 30% to his internal= 100%.
    The HIS techniques add 20 points, making YG at 120 points overall martial arts.
    Fawang has 100 points overall.
    YG total points is 16.7% more than Fawang.
    Therefore, pre-16 YG with HIS already have reached 80+ level.
    While pre-16 Fawang reached 70+ level.

Post-16 YG was able to match palm with post-16, so there intetnal could be similar.
    YG Internal= 180% + HIS adds 30% internal=
    210% + 20 points HIS techniques +10 points entering wooden stage techniques =
    240 overall total martial art points.

Post-16 Fawang double his internal as stated by Jinyong. At 200%.
    Fawang internal and overall martial art points= 200
    Therefore, post-16 YG with the HIS have reached 90+ level.
    While post-16 Fawang reached 80+ level.

My analysis is also based on WuxiaMaster and other posters' opinion that the HIS and its techniques "could serve" as a multiplier depending on YG's level of internal energy.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://media.tenor.com/images/898738c8ee2eb6764772be6b4b6243f0/tenor.gif')

My analysis of post-16 YG with the HIS:

Pre-16 YG internal is about 60-80% of pre-16 Jinlun Fawang internal, at 100%.

Let's said pre-16 YG internal is 70% of Fawang's internal, 70%+HIS adds 30% to his internal= 100%.
    The HIS techniques add 20 points, making YG at 120 points overall martial arts.
    Fawang has 100 points overall.
    Therefore, pre-16 YG with HIS already have reached 80+ level.
    While pre-16 Fawang reached 70+ level.

Post-16 YG was able to match palm with post-16, so there intetnal could be similar.
    YG Internal= 180% + HIS adds 30% internal=
    210% + 20 points HIS techniques +10 points entering wooden stage techniques =
    240 overall total martial art points.

Post-16 Fawang double his internal as stated by Jinyong. At 200%.
    Fawang internal and overall martial art points= 200
    Therefore, post-16 YG with the HIS have reached 90+ level.
    While post-16 Fawang reached 80+ level.

My analysis is also based on WuxiaMaster and other posters' opinion that the HIS and its techniques "could serve" as a multiplier depending on YG's level of internal energy.
    Thats the beauty of JY. He writes with enough leeway that everyone is free to interpret it their own way.

e.g. I interpret XF as 80ish but with special ability called 'Special Unique Hero Plot Armor Elasticity Feat with Jin Yong Interview statement of The Most Undefeatable Man' which gives him a +-15* depending on the needs of the current chapter.

*With special modifier of, HE CANNOT LOSE NO MATTER WHAT. Even if you need to +25 temp buff.

So, trade palms with Xuan Monk?, -15 applies, fight XYS? 0 modifier. Need him to fight TSTL? +5. Need him to beat YG? +1

Furthermore,
    Post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms:
    180% internal + add 30 points for techniques= 210 overall martial art points.
    Compared to 240 overall martial art points for Post-16 YG with the HIS.

That is a 12.5% difference in overall points.
    Therefore, Post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms have reached ~level 85.
    Post-16 YG with the HIS have reached ~+level 90.

Furthermore,
    Post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms:
    180% internal + add 30 points for techniques= 210 overall martial art points.
    Compared to 240 overall martial art points for Post-16 YG with the HIS.

That is a 12.5% difference in overall points.
    Therefore, Post-16 YG with full-powered Sad Palms have reached ~level 85.
    Post-16 YG with the HIS have reached ~+level 90.
    If YG indeed that strong he would easily "kill" ZBT and HYS or even GJ..

Yes, he could post-16 YG with the HIS.
    Blame it on Jinyong for making DGKB, the HIS, and his techniques so powerful. Consequently, downgrading all other Great-level martial arts.

Yes, he could post-16 YG with the HIS.
    Blame it on Jinyong for making DGKB, the HIS, and his techniques so powerful. Consequently, downgrading all other Great-level martial arts.
    You're forgetting something.

Dook Goo Kau Bai can do that because he is Dook Goo Kau Bai.

Yeung Gor is not Dook Goo Kau Bai. At the end of ROCH, Yeung Gor had not attained Wooden Sword stage, let alone No Sword stage.

At the end of ROCH, Yeung Gor was one of the Five New Greats, but nothing proves he was superior to all of them...particularly not Gwok Jing, whom he did not fight.

In AVENGERS: ENDGAME, Captain America wielded Thor's hammer quite well...surprising the hell out of Thanos, but that does not equate to Cap being equal to or better than Thor at wielding the hammer.