Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Dook Goo Kau Bai runs the Gu Long swordsman gauntlet

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default Dook Goo Kau Bai runs the Gu Long swordsman gauntlet

    Dook Goo Kau Bai, finding no match among swordsmen in his native Jin Yong Universe, is transported to the Gu Long Universe to find challengers.

    Awaiting him is a gauntlet of the greatest swordsmen of that universe, including:

    1. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng (SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD)

    2. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing (LUK SIU FUNG)

    3. Tse Hiu Fung and Yin 13 (THIRD YOUNG MASTER'S SWORD)

    4. Ding Pang (FULL MOON, CURVED SABER)

    5. Yin Nam Teen (THE TWINS)

    ...and if he survives all that, awaiting him at the end is Lee Chum Foon and his famous flying dagger.

    How far does Dook Goo Kau Bai get? Can he clear the field, or will the combined might of these elite Gu Long swordsmen drop him?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Dook Goo Kau Bai, finding no match among swordsmen in his native Jin Yong Universe, is transported to the Gu Long Universe to find challengers.

    Awaiting him is a gauntlet of the greatest swordsmen of that universe, including:

    1. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng (SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD)

    2. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing (LUK SIU FUNG)

    3. Tse Hiu Fung and Yin 13 (THIRD YOUNG MASTER'S SWORD)

    4. Ding Pang (FULL MOON, CURVED SABER)

    5. Yin Nam Teen (THE TWINS)

    ...and if he survives all that, awaiting him at the end is Lee Chum Foon and his famous flying dagger.

    How far does Dook Goo Kau Bai get? Can he clear the field, or will the combined might of these elite Gu Long swordsmen drop him?
    Exhaustion would kill before he could get passed No.3

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Exhaustion would kill before he could get passed No.3
    You'll need to give him a break to eat some rice before continuing.

  4. #4
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    You'll need to give him a break to eat some rice before continuing.
    No, it's a gauntlet. All of his opponents are there together, and it's up to them how they want to attack. While they have no formation and will need to be careful to not get into each other's way, I think natural instinct will lead them to work together to some extent, if only subconsciously.

  5. #5
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    No, it's a gauntlet. All of his opponents are there together, and it's up to them how they want to attack. While they have no formation and will need to be careful to not get into each other's way, I think natural instinct will lead them to work together to some extent, if only subconsciously.
    Dont be daft! You are talking about THAT bunch of nerds!
    No way they would dishonor themselves into ganging up on another single swordsman.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Dook Goo Kau Bai, finding no match among swordsmen in his native Jin Yong Universe, is transported to the Gu Long Universe to find challengers.

    Awaiting him is a gauntlet of the greatest swordsmen of that universe, including:

    1. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng (SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD)

    2. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing (LUK SIU FUNG)

    3. Tse Hiu Fung and Yin 13 (THIRD YOUNG MASTER'S SWORD)

    4. Ding Pang (FULL MOON, CURVED SABER)

    5. Yin Nam Teen (THE TWINS)

    ...and if he survives all that, awaiting him at the end is Lee Chum Foon and his famous flying dagger.

    How far does Dook Goo Kau Bai get? Can he clear the field, or will the combined might of these elite Gu Long swordsmen drop him?
    A flash of silver! The sound of breaking steel!

    Broken blades litter the floor.

    One dagger breaks 9 blades! One heart saves 8 lives!

    Love and righteousness conquers all! Li Xunhuan is really Li Xunhuan.

    Everybody agrees that Little Li Flying Dagger is truly #1 and their hearts are filled with unspeakable admiration.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  7. #7
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Dont be daft! You are talking about THAT bunch of nerds!
    No way they would dishonor themselves into ganging up on another single swordsman.
    Even if he takes them one at a time, will attrition cause him to eventually fall to one of them later down the line?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Even if he takes them one at a time, will attrition cause him to eventually fall to one of them later down the line?
    With no break for rice, he will fall. Can't see him having the stamina to take up 8/9 top tier fighters.

  9. #9
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Even if he takes them one at a time, will attrition cause him to eventually fall to one of them later down the line?
    I am undecided on DGKB vs later SMCX.

    I like to think that Yan 15 and 3rd Master beats DGKB.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Dook Goo Kau Bai, finding no match among swordsmen in his native Jin Yong Universe, is transported to the Gu Long Universe to find challengers.

    Awaiting him is a gauntlet of the greatest swordsmen of that universe, including:

    1. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng (SENTIMENTAL SWORDSMAN, RUTHLESS SWORD)

    2. Sai Mun Chui Sheut and Yip Goo Sing (LUK SIU FUNG)

    3. Tse Hiu Fung and Yin 13 (THIRD YOUNG MASTER'S SWORD)

    4. Ding Pang (FULL MOON, CURVED SABER)

    5. Yin Nam Teen (THE TWINS)

    ...and if he survives all that, awaiting him at the end is Lee Chum Foon and his famous flying dagger.

    How far does Dook Goo Kau Bai get? Can he clear the field, or will the combined might of these elite Gu Long swordsmen drop him?
    DGKB blinds all of them in an instant.
    Then he will overpower LCF in a heartbeat.

  11. #11
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    DGKB blinds all of them in an instant.
    Then he will overpower LCF in a heartbeat.
    Based on what, though? Those opponents aren't exactly trash. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng might be relatively easy to deal with due to their lack of proper technique and youthful inexperience. From there on out, it gets progressively more difficult.

    Bro, I must say it: discussing wuxia with you sometimes feels like chucking rocks into a black hole.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Based on what, though? Those opponents aren't exactly trash. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng might be relatively easy to deal with due to their lack of proper technique and youthful inexperience. From there on out, it gets progressively more difficult.

    Bro, I must say it: discussing wuxia with you sometimes feels like chucking rocks into a black hole.
    These characters are from different universes so anything could happen.

    From my perspective, the characters in Gu Long universe could seem powerful, but when they meet someone like the Demonic Swordsman Dugu qiubai, they might drop like flies.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Based on what, though? Those opponents aren't exactly trash. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng might be relatively easy to deal with due to their lack of proper technique and youthful inexperience. From there on out, it gets progressively more difficult.

    Bro, I must say it: discussing wuxia with you sometimes feels like chucking rocks into a black hole.
    I think if Ken Cheng and FeilongZ have an in person conference-styled debate regarding A vs B, someone is going to fire-deviate

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    These characters are from different universes so anything could happen.

    From my perspective, the characters in Gu Long universe could seem powerful, but when they meet someone like the Demonic Swordsman Dugu qiubai, they might drop like flies.
    DGKB coming to GL universe could also be like big fish in small pond, small fish in big pond 🤣

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    HCMC/Vietnam
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Based on what, though? Those opponents aren't exactly trash. Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng might be relatively easy to deal with due to their lack of proper technique and youthful inexperience. From there on out, it gets progressively more difficult.

    Bro, I must say it: discussing wuxia with you sometimes feels like chucking rocks into a black hole.
    In my opinion, DGKB can only make it to the 2nd round where he gets the loss he has been asking for after the duel with either SMXX or YGC.

    And yes, you're right in regards to FeiLongZ .

  16. #16
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxiaofeng View Post
    In my opinion, DGKB can only make it to the 2nd round where he gets the loss he has been asking for after the duel with either SMXX or YGC.

    And yes, you're right in regards to FeiLongZ .
    My feeling is that he will make it through the first round without too much trouble (Ah Fei and Ging Mo Meng were talented, but too raw and unschooled to defeat a true grandmaster). He will struggle a bit with Yip Goo Sing and Sai Mun Chui Sheut, but possibly still pull through. Once he gets to the third round, though, I think he will start running into serious trouble.

  17. #17
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    DGKB coming to GL universe could also be like big fish in small pond, small fish in big pond 🤣
    Seriously. In the Jin Yong universe, there were only three truly elite swordsmen: Dook Goo Kau Bai himself, Fung Ching Yeung, and Ling Wu Chung. Everybody else was kind of just...good at using swords (there's a difference). Most of Jin Yong's elites were palm-user types.

  18. #18
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,423

    Default

    What happens if we bring in AH QING?!?!?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  19. #19
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    23,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    What happens if we bring in AH QING?!?!?
    Don't know. She's kind of the Dark Phoenix of wuxia.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Seriously. In the Jin Yong universe, there were only three truly elite swordsmen: Dook Goo Kau Bai himself, Fung Ching Yeung, and Ling Wu Chung. Everybody else was kind of just...good at using swords (there's a difference). Most of Jin Yong's elites were palm-user types.
    Zhang Sanfeng, created a revolutionary style of swordplay.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-21, 01:20 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-11-18, 03:41 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-16, 08:01 PM
  4. Yang Xiao Runs the Gauntlet...
    By Sentry in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-02-10, 06:53 PM
  5. Dook Goo Kau Bai vs. Dook Goo 1 Hok
    By Ken Cheng in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-05, 02:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •