Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Young Flying Fox/Fei Hu Wai Zhuan 飞狐外传 (2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Heretic View Post
    Overall the fight scenes were good. The final fight scene between MRF and TGN was very well done too. The guy who played MRF is truly an awesome actor. He was YX in the last HSDS adaptation.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Just that it felt kinda odd that HF lived by himself taking care of little MRL. Would have been nice if HF had MRL as his soulmate.
    Story wise I would rate it 6/10 but fighting wise 8/10, the fight scenes were very well done.

The guy who played Miao Renfeng rocks! He has that heroic air in him each time he appears.

Finished it! Yes the fighting scenes are good and there are so many of them. The last fight or Maio renfeng and Tian Guinong is short but what a BOMB it is. They make Miao Renfeng very heroic this time and the actor does have a heroic aura 😆

Story overall is just ok-ok, it's the fighting that steal the show

I've heard/read some good things about series about how it apparently somewhat goes back to the older/classic Wuxia roots (i.e. less of the overdone romance crap and less male vase atmosphere) and the fight scenes being decent. I've yet to see this but I do remember the early days of this after the cast was announced that there was yet another jerkfest over how handsome the male lead(s) were from the "fans". Things like this isn't promising to me but I will see.

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    upcoming BL-theme Wuxia:
    1. Heaven's Official Blessing
    2. The Story of the Bat
    "BL-theme"

And this is why I have disdain for modern Wuxia.

If people (we know it's the fangirls) want to see that s**t, that just go and watch/read Yaoi, or some K-Drama or K-Pop male BL skit. There is already enough BL undertones in xianxia, xuanhuan, mangaka, manhua, and manhwa.

Things like this are a complete insult to the name of Wuxia.

I wonder if they are going to make Xueshan Fei Hu as well with this cast? if yes it would be great,
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly