Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obtaining Jinyong Universe Martial Arts in the current time: with a twist

Default Obtaining Jinyong Universe Martial Arts in the current time: with a twist

Imagine that you went on an adventure and come upon one of Jinyong's martial arts manual.
    The manual you discovered has very simple instructions to guide you on how to become proficient in its martial arts. and it will give you a high chance of success to learn it.

1. Briefly write how you come upon the manual (location, etc.).

2. What martial arts would you like to
    discovered and learn. Please explain why?

3. What would you do with the new talent that you have after learning your desired martial arts?
    -To maintain self health, to satisfy personal physical goals (be as strong, fast, jump high as possible/expert in weapons), etc.

-To compete in tournaments or UFC-like matches.

-To showcase or demonstrate your martial arts to the world without monetary fees.

-To showcase or demonstrate your martial arts to the world with monetary fees and make as much money as you could.

-To be heroic by saving people lives when a situation arises, like a superhero.

-Anything that is not mentioned.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

1/2) Xiaoyao School's [天长地久不老长春功] to gain eternal youth. I don't mind dying eventually, but I do ming ageing. So, I would like to look like I was 18-22 years old till I'm 98 year old.

3) Pure vanity for myself. As most of you can guess, I am no longer a young woman based on the join date of this forum. When I meet with friends and they ask: "You like amazing. You look 20 years younger. Did you get a facelift?"

I'll reply with a smile:" Oh no, nothing crass like that. I just stumbled upon a piece of fictional supreme martial arts that magically defy the laws of nature and I feel rejuvenated. Trust me better than yoga!"
    Last edited by Athena; 08-02-21 at 06:55 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    1/2) Xiaoyao School's [天长地久不老长春功] to gain eternal youth. I don't mind dying eventually, but I do ming ageing. So, I would like to look like I was 18-22 years old till I'm 98 year old.

3) Pure vanity for myself. As most of you can guess, I am no longer a young woman based on the join date of this forum. When I meet with friends and they ask: "You like amazing. You look 20 years younger. Did you get a facelift?"

I'll reply with a smile:" Oh no, nothing crass like that. I just stumbled upon a piece of fictional supreme martial arts that magically defy the laws of nature and I feel rejuvenated. Trust me better than yoga!"
    Do you look like Shu Chang?

Copyright it, publish it (under original author's name, if known), advertise it, and make it available for general retail at a reasonable and affordable price. It's the only way to maintain the balance of power (if everybody has access to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Copyright it, publish it (under original author's name, if known), advertise it, and make it available for general retail at a reasonable and affordable price. It's the only way to maintain the balance of power (if everybody has access to it).
    Wow Ken!
    Do you really want thousands or millions of people going around blowing each other up with
    Xianglong Shiba Zhang/Eighteen Subduing Dragon Palms, if you were to discovered this manual?
    Imagine what kind of world we will live in....

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    Wow Ken!
    Do you really want thousands or millions of people going around blowing each other up with
    Xianglong Shiba Zhang/Eighteen Subduing Dragon Palms, if you were to discovered this manual?
    Imagine what kind of world we will live in....
    Here's what I figure:

1. Many people will never learn the skills...either due to lack of interest or ability.

2. We already live in a world where many people can buy guns and ammunition and cause mass carnage if they want to.

3. Multiple nations have nuclear weapons that can annihilate hundreds of millions of people within hours.

In light of this, what real difference will the availability of a wulin manual make? Many will never attempt or succeed at learning it anyway, and by making it democratic (anybody can acquire it), that's a pretty good natural deterrent. It's actually more dangerous if only one person (the wrong kind of person) or a small group has it.

@Athena:
    You may turn back to a child
    We don't really know if you are a male or female, but does it really matters? Maybe not.
    Your forum name, Athena, symbolizes the Goddess of Wisdom and War, your style of writing, your deep knowledge of literature, and your demeanor radiate a sense of mystique comparable to Tian Shan Tong Lao.

Here's what I figure:

1. Many people will never learn the skills...either due to lack of interest or ability.

2. We already live in a world where many people can buy guns and ammunition and cause mass carnage if they want to.

3. Multiple nations have nuclear weapons that can annihilate hundreds of millions of people within hours.

In light of this, what real difference will the availability of a wulin manual make? Many will never attempt or succeed at learning it anyway, and by making it democratic (anybody can acquire it), that's a pretty good natural deterrent. It's actually more dangerous if only one person (the wrong kind of person) or a small group has it.
    True indeed.
    However, I would only publish a revised or shortened version of the manual I have discovered, in which the practitioner could only master a certain number of levels of the complete arts, like level 3 out of level 10.
    The reason is make sure things doesn't get out of control with too many level 10 XFs, DFBBs, etc.
    However, I would master the arts myself

Reminds me of the scene in kung fu hustle, where the guy was selling the MA books on the street lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    Reminds me of the scene in kung fu hustle, where the guy was selling the MA books on the street lol
    Yeah, but what I have in mind is much more legit. You'll be able to find them at Barnes and Noble or order them from Amazon. They'll be promoted in print, radio, TV, and social media.

Yeah, but what I have in mind is much more legit. You'll be able to find them at Barnes and Noble or order them from Amazon. They'll be promoted in print, radio, TV, and social media.
    You will be famous and wealthy.
    Very ambitious.
    Would become the martial arts guru of the 21st century.

And the martial arts really work.
    Buddhist Palms anyone?
    Not Jinyong's nor Gu Long's universe.
    I wonder what universe is this martial arts from?

And the martial arts really work.
    Buddhist Palms anyone?
    Not Jinyong's nor Gu Long's universe.
    I wonder what universe is this martial arts from?
    I think it's just from a tv series and was never a novel?
    Last edited by Stance; 08-02-21 at 04:50 PM.

I think it's just from a tv series and was never a novel?
    I think it first appeared in a cinematic film way back in the black and white days.

My version:

Upon visiting a remote place in the mountainous terrains in China, I came upon a cave.
    I entered the cave and search around for treasures. At the end of the deep cave, I found a large, old, rusty treasure chest.
    Upon opening the lid and to my amazement, I could see glittering of gold and jewelries.
    However, under the lid, I read the inscriptions, "Choose wealth or power, only one may be chosen. The greedy will perished."
    I dug deeper into the box, and found what looks like a book.

The book's cover has Chinese characters, meaning Ling Bo Wei Bu and is translated to "Lingbo Footwork."
    I scanned the manual and it had very detailed diagrams and instructions on how to master its martial arts.
    I was shocked that the manual was the legendary lightness martial arts.

Upon searching Wuxiasociety webpage, it described Lingbo Footwork as followed:

The footwork movements were based on the sixty-four hexagrams from the Book of Changes to produce strange footsteps. It required the one to turn one’s body in midair, or leap forwards and backwards, or dart side to side in order to execute the moves in the scroll.

When defending against an opponent, one only had to move according to the sixty-four hexagrams without having to worry about the opponent’s presence. It was a kind of legendary martial arts with an unrestrained style that allowed the user to do whatever they wanted.

With little hesitation, I chose to take the manual with me and left the other treasures and closed the chest.
    I got safely out of the cave.

I traveled back to my home and diligently studied the manual.
    After a few years, I felt that I was proficient
    in this skills enough to demonstrate to the world.

Imagine running, jumping, sommersaulting, and with agility much higher than Olympic athletes.
    I could also be a breakdance champion with my new lightness skills
    Or maybe become a private martial arts instructor as a part-time job.

Mainly, I would like my residence at one of Las Vegas's popular venues and charge a fee for entrance.
    Most of the income would be distributed to charitable organizations of my choice.

My version:

Upon visiting a remote place in the mountainous terrains in China, I came upon a cave.
    I entered the cave and search around for treasures. At the end of the deep cave, I found a large, old, rusty treasure chest.
    Upon opening the lid and to my amazement, I could see glittering of gold and jewelries.
    However, under the lid, I read the inscriptions, "Choose wealth or power, only one may be chosen. The greedy will perished."
    I dug deeper into the box, and found what looks like a book.

The book's cover has Chinese characters, meaning Ling Bo Wei Bu and is translated to "Lingbo Footwork."
    I scanned the manual and it had very detailed diagrams and instructions on how to master its martial arts.
    I was shocked that the manual was the legendary lightness martial arts.

Upon searching Wuxiasociety webpage, it described Lingbo Footwork as followed:

The footwork movements were based on the sixty-four hexagrams from the Book of Changes to produce strange footsteps. It required the one to turn one’s body in midair, or leap forwards and backwards, or dart side to side in order to execute the moves in the scroll.

When defending against an opponent, one only had to move according to the sixty-four hexagrams without having to worry about the opponent’s presence. It was a kind of legendary martial arts with an unrestrained style that allowed the user to do whatever they wanted.

With little hesitation, I chose to take the manual with me and left the other treasures and closed the chest.
    I got safely out of the cave.

I traveled back to my home and diligently studied the manual.
    After a few years, I felt that I was proficient
    in this skills enough to demonstrate to the world.

Imagine running, jumping, sommersaulting, and with agility much higher than Olympic athletes.
    I could also be a breakdance champion with my new lightness skills
    Or maybe become a private martial arts instructor as a part-time job.

Mainly, I would like my residence at one of Las Vegas's popular venues and charge a fee for entrance.
    Most of the income would be distributed to charitable organizations of my choice.
    Further thoughts:
    My first choice was the Kuíhuā Bǎodiǎn manual, but I cannot imagine sacrificing my manhood to obtain demonic speed
    Maybe I would deeply think it over since I want to be like the Flash....

Can I cheat a bit and choose the 逍遥御风?The OP said it had simple instructions and guide to learning it so I wont have to worry about not understanding half a sentence of it.

Everything from Bei Ming to Bulao Gong to Baihong Zhangli is just a subset of it.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Can I cheat a bit and choose the 逍遥御风?The OP said it had simple instructions and guide to learning it so I wont have to worry about not understanding half a sentence of it.

Everything from Bei Ming to Bulao Gong to Baihong Zhangli is just a subset of it.
    @CC:
    Are you planning world domination of every martial arts schools in existence?

@CC:
    Are you planning world domination of every martial arts schools in existence?
    No, I just wanted to beat up YG in 1 stroke.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    No, I just wanted to beat up YG in 1 stroke.
    I'll gladly hold your coat while you do so.