Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with profound internal emphasis in Jinyong's novels?

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Possibly but if ZBT use L/R Hand Skill I think he have good chance before he loosing his stamina..
    Yeah...no matter how strong the Golden Wheel Monk is, he has to actually LAND THE HIT to do damage. Against the Greats, I'm not entirely confident that the Golden Wheel Monk will land the hit. The Greats are all masters of technique and stealth, and deflecting/dodging incoming strikes is part of their forte.

When JY say JLFW could hurt ZBT..
    What I meant was that ZBT did not dare to use any other techniques, except for vacant fists.
    If he did, he would be hurt by JLFW's powerful blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...no matter how strong the Golden Wheel Monk is, he has to actually LAND THE HIT to do damage. Against the Greats, I'm not entirely confident that the Golden Wheel Monk will land the hit. The Greats are all masters of technique and stealth, and deflecting/dodging incoming strikes is part of their forte.
    Yeeep just like Ali or Mayweather they hardly for hit..

Quote Originally Posted by FeilongZ View Post
    What I meant was that ZBT did not dare to use any other techniques, except for vacant fists.
    If he did, he would be hurt by JLFW's powerful blasts.
    Did YG getting injured after exchange palm with JLFW if not then ZBT also wouldn't hurt after match palm with JLFW since he could match palm with YG and still live..

For any old Greats, including ZBT, once JLFW unleashes his powerful palms, they would mostly be in a defensive mode, almost impossible to strike back.

Did YG getting injured after exchange palm with JLFW if not then ZBT also wouldn't hurt after match palm with JLFW since he could match palm with YG and still live..
    Each of JLFW's palm was meant to kill when unleashed.
    JLFW's palm strikes are stronger than YG's and
    that is why ZBT did not dare to use any other techniques, besides vacant fists to dissipate JLFW's extremely powerful palms.

For any old Greats, including ZBT, once JLFW unleashes his powerful palms, they would mostly be in a defensive mode, almost impossible to strike back.
    So how could Foreman lose to Ali or Vitali Klitschko lose to Lennox Lewis..

Each of JLFW's palm was meant to kill when unleashed.
    JLFW's palm strikes are stronger than YG's and
    that is why ZBT did not dare to use any other techniques, besides vacant fists to dissipate JLFW's extremely powerful palms.
    Honestly I never found where JY said that JLFW palm energy > YG palm energy..

Honestly I never found where JY said that JLFW palm energy > YG palm energy..
    Their first palm exhange going up the ladder.
    Both of them wobble after the direct palm clash, and YG thought that he almost could not withstand JLFW's palm.

Their palm strikes were ~ since they both wobbled, but JLFW had the upperhand in direct palm clash.

I think YG would need to use the wooden sword to match direct strikes with JLFW.
    The HIS would be overkilled.

Their first palm exhange going up the ladder.
    Both of them wobble after the direct palm clash, and YG thought that he almost could not withstand JLFW's palm.

Their palm strikes were ~ since they both wobbled, but JLFW had the upperhand in direct palm clash.

I think YG would need to use the wooden sword to match direct strikes with JLFW.
    The HIS would be overkilled.
    I think it's due YG didn't know about JLFW true power that why he "shocked" but in the second clash he could match JLFW power even when he unarmed he could flying back one of JLFW wheel so in terms of pure palm strength YG not far behind JLFW if JLFW 💯 then YG around 95-96 or even 97..

I think it's due YG didn't know about JLFW true power that why he "shocked" but in the second clash he could match JLFW power even when he unarmed he could flying back one of JLFW wheel so in terms of pure palm strength YG not far behind JLFW if JLFW 💯 then YG around 95-96 or even 97..
    Around ~90-95%.

Around ~90-95%.
    YG even could toe to toe with armed JLFW and "fly back" one of his wheel then JLFW also thought that YG strength very strong so the difference between them not that big IMHO..

Think of it this way: wuxia without inner power is essentially a Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan movie set in ancient times.

Think of it this way: wuxia without inner power is essentially a Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan movie set in ancient times.
    If they live during Trilogy era could they beat Guo Xiaotian or Ma Guangzhuo..

That's a good question.

Bruce Lee in the Dragon of Jade (started but never finished) would be Wuxia-cool.

Imagine BL using a sword or other weapons instead of the nunchucks or barehanded fighting.

Bruce Lee in the Dragon of Jade (started but never finished) would be Wuxia-cool.

Imagine BL using a sword or other weapons instead of the nunchucks or barehanded fighting.
    If Bruce had lived, I would have liked to see him portray Kiu Fung in a DGSD movie.

I watched a YouTube documentary that Bruce Lee went to a karate school to learn, so he could incorporate the techniques into his Jeet Kune Do.
    One of the studentswitnessed his master challenged Bruce Lee to a duel, and BL instantly beat the master.

The students were enraged that their master was embarrashed by BL, so they decided to gang up on him.
    To their surprise, BL stood in a mantis/finger stance and used his finger to hit their throats, the vital point, and in a very short time all six students were heavily gasping for air.
    The witness said that BL hit them so fast that they never had a chance to react.

Maybe BL could beat someone at Ma Guangzhuo level if some of his real life incredible feats are true.

If Bruce had lived, I would have liked to see him portray Kiu Fung in a DGSD movie.
    Bruce lee is too lean.
    I think the XF character should be a muscular, large guy.

Bruce lee is too lean.
    I think the XF character should be a muscular, large guy.
    He can work out and build muscle mass. Bryan Leung (who portrayed Kiu Fung in DGSD '81) was shorter than Kent Tong (Deun Yu) and Felix Wong (Hui Juk), but it still worked because of Bryan's bearing and attitude. Bruce Lee might not have been a huge guy, but he totally had the right attitude to be convincing as Kiu Fung.