Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid-Tier martial arts

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I dont think so either. But I was responding to the other guy who claimed DYZ = 1st Huashan Yideng.

Anyway, my whole point was that maybe we are just giving 'Great level' skills this status because the Greats used it. I believe anything (except those scrub level Weituo Fist or Six Tiger Gate Breaker Sabre) from Zixia level onwards in the hands of the elite will still be outstanding.
    So you mean 1st Huashan duel (young YD) as good as XF or GJ..

I dont think so either. But I was responding to the other guy who claimed DYZ = 1st Huashan Yideng.

Anyway, my whole point was that maybe we are just giving 'Great level' skills this status because the Greats used it. I believe anything (except those scrub level Weituo Fist or Six Tiger Gate Breaker Sabre) from Zixia level onwards in the hands of the elite will still be outstanding.
    Well I never said that Yiyang Zhi is not "great skill" I only said that YD proficiency in Yiyang Zhi during 1st Huashan duel maybe around DYQ or DZM level due the fact that he didn't learn Pre Heaven Art from WCY but after he learn Pre Heaven Art and combine with years of training his Yiyang Zhi reach highest level which JY labeled it "peak of perfection"..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well I never said that Yiyang Zhi is not "great skill" I only said that YD proficiency in Yiyang Zhi during 1st Huashan duel maybe around DYQ or DZM level due the fact that he didn't learn Pre Heaven Art from WCY but after he learn Pre Heaven Art and combine with years of training his Yiyang Zhi reach highest level which JY labeled it "peak of perfection"..
    Sigh, I sense a de-sync. We dont even seem to be talking about the same thing.

Are you trying to debate whether Yiyang Zhi is a Great or not Great skill?

I am trying to debate whether there are such things as 'Great level' skill, or Greats using skills.
    Last edited by CC; 08-23-21 at 05:25 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Sigh, I sense a de-sync. We dont even seem to be talking about the same thing.

Are you trying to debate whether Yiyang Zhi is a Great or not Great skill?

I am trying to debate whether there are such things as 'Great level' skill, or Greats using skills.
    Well my bad I think Yiyang Zhi 18 Dragon Palm or Tai Chi etc were both great-level skill and great-using skill which depends on the proficiency of the user..

Well my bad I think Yiyang Zhi 18 Dragon Palm or Tai Chi etc were both great-level skill and great-using skill which depends on the proficiency of the user..
    Do you think if Yideng was given Nian Hua Zhi from young (and take away every single one of his other kung fu), he would be just as strong at end ROCH?

Do you think if Yideng was given Nian Hua Zhi from young (and take away every single one of his other kung fu), he would be just as strong at end ROCH?
    Well honestly I highly doubt about it but based on HYS student like MCF and FMF which never learn HYS top skills i.e Divine Finger Snap and Jade Flute Sword but still become formidable fighters then I think YD (and other Greats) also can since they are much talented than MCF and her martial brother so if YD (and other Greats) only learn mid-tier skills they would be far exceeded MCF level though impossible for them to become as good as Z3F or Wuji but at least they are would be at DZM or LOCH GJ level in the other word you need great-skills to reach great-hood..

Well honestly I highly doubt about it but based on HYS student like MCF and FMF which never learn HYS top skills i.e Divine Finger Snap and Jade Flute Sword but still become formidable fighters then I think YD (and other Greats) also can since they are much talented than MCF and her martial brother so if YD (and other Greats) only learn mid-tier skills they would be far exceeded MCF level though impossible for them to become as good as Z3F or Wuji but at least they are would be at DZM or LOCH GJ level in the other word you need great-skills to reach great-hood..
    Well, this is where we have a different viewpoint then.