Thread: Do you like 3rd edition of Demi Gods an Semi Devils?

Default Do you like 3rd edition of Demi Gods an Semi Devils?

Personally I really really really hate 3rd edition so that I completely ignore it.

What about you?

If yes what is the reason?

If no what is the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Personally I really really really hate 3rd edition so that I completely ignore it.

What about you?

If yes what is the reason?

If no what is the reason?
    Totally agree I just couldn't imagine people like Wuyazi falling in love with TSTL and LQS since he is remembered me with HYS which have affair with MCF..
    Poor WYZ and HYS

I dont like some of the changes but everything from 1st to 2nd to 3rd had some bits which I didnt like.

While on this subject, I just watched the first few episodes of DGSD 2019 (or 2020).

I dont get the hate. Why was this series blasted?

I actually like it. The kung fu fights were done better than any of the previous series.

And the changes they made like introducing Xu Zhu early on were done in a tasteful manner. The additional Wang Jiantong bits also fit in well with the original novel.

Oh, and bonus points for getting Ah Zi 1997 back as Ruan Xingzhu 2019.

Extra bonus points for NOT using CGI dragons (so far) when XF does the Dragon Palms.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

The third edition messed up Wong Yu Yin's character (if what I've heard about is true). Previous editions depicted her as kind of boring, but not creepy. The third edition version comes across as a bit creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I dont like some of the changes but everything from 1st to 2nd to 3rd had some bits which I didnt like.

While on this subject, I just watched the first few episodes of DGSD 2019 (or 2020).

I actually like it. The kung fu fights were done better than any of the previous series.

And the changes they made like introducing Xu Zhu early on were done in a tasteful manner. The additional Wang Jiantong bits also fit in well with the original novel.

Extra bonus points for NOT using CGI dragons (so far) when XF does the Dragon Palms.
    My DGSD threads in Wuxia forum are based on novels not adaptations otherwise I mention them.
    About DGSD I wait till the end to see what happening to the main character's story arc especially Duan Yu and then I judge it completely but until here I like this adaptation despite of all problems

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The third edition messed up Wong Yu Yin's character (if what I've heard about is true). Previous editions depicted her as kind of boring, but not creepy. The third edition version comes across as a bit creepy.
    Technically it is not just WYY
    Mr cha completely ruined DGSD in 3rd edition
    DY and WYZ were completely ruined I mean a total disaster not just a ordinary ruined
    For example Duan Yu
    You know a really big (if we don't say that most of it) part of DY's story arc was about WYY
    And a big part of his progress in his arc was related to WYY
    And when you changing WYY badly ,that bad change destroy DY
    and this is what we have in the 3rd edition
    his story in 2nd edition was good and make sense but in the 3rd edition the matters and events don't make sense at all
    WYY went back to a person who was her mother's murder and cause of her father's death.Is this even possible?
    WYY is one of the most annoying female character in JY universe but her acts were logical in the 2nd edition.what about the 3rd edition?they weren't.
    The changes even hit LQS.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post

i also watch the 2021 version, the producer made some mistakes regarding the story.
    for example:
    the letter Li Qiushui left in the Wuliang cave, asked Duan Yu learned martial arts in the library (collection of many Wulin martial arts), but all the manuals have been gone, that's indicating that the one who moved the manuals to mantuo manor was madam wang at a later time (because if LQS moved all the manuals herself, she wont commanded DY to learn the manual collection), while in the novel, as far as i remember, it was said that Li Qiushui was the person who moved all the manuals to mantuo manor and gave xiao wu xiang gong to DCQ

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i also watch the 2021 version, the producer made some mistakes regarding the story.
    for example:
    the letter Li Qiushui left in the Wuliang cave, asked Duan Yu learned martial arts in the library (collection of many Wulin martial arts), but all the manuals have been gone, that's indicating that the one who moved the manuals to mantuo manor was madam wang at a later time (because if LQS moved all the manuals herself, she wont commanded DY to learn the manual collection), while in the novel, as far as i remember, it was said that Li Qiushui was the person who moved all the manuals to mantuo manor and gave xiao wu xiang gong to DCQ
    I think all versions have such internal errors littered all over. Even the novels.

After watching a bit more of this series, I am starting to get kinda irritated that they are using way too young actors and actresses for most of the roles.

Ray Liu for Wang Jiantong is correct age band. The entire JMZ and DZC's girlfriend groupie gang are waaaay too young.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!