Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 1: Dat Yee Ba (ROCH) vs. Bao But Tung (DGSD)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 1: Dat Yee Ba (ROCH) vs. Bao But Tung (DGSD)

Because Greats-level comparisons are run ad nauseum, I've started a new alternative feature called "Mid-Tier Matchups." I originally planned to make this a daily activity, but that would be too much of a demand on my time and we'd run out of matchup candidates fairly quickly, so I decided to make it a periodic "pop-up" feature, whenever I feel like it (but never more than once a day).

Here's how it works: we run one non-Greats/Elites level fighter against another non-Greats/Elites level fighter. Though it's possible and permitted to have characters from the same novel fight each other, that would be rather boring because they likely already fought against each other (e.g. no need to have Great Evil # 3 fight Chu Dan Sun because they already fought each other more than once during DGSD and we know the likely outcome). It's probably more interesting to pit fighters from different novels who are of comparable levels (e.g. enough for a good fight) against each other. Thus, we're not going to have ridiculous matchups such as Muk Lim Chi (LOCH) vs. Deun Yin Hing (DGSD) because there's little intrigue in such a matchup.

So first up: we have the Golden Wheel Monk's disciple Dat Yee Ba (ROCH) vs. Mo Yung F'uk's flunky Bao But Tung (DGSD). They meet each other at random and Dat Yee Ba insults Mo Yung F'uk while Bao But Tung insults the Golden Wheel Monk. Both warriors are pissed.

How does the fight begin and who will prevail?

Didn't I just make a thread about stuff like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Because Greats-level comparisons are run ad nauseum, I've started a new alternative feature called "Mid-Tier Matchups." I originally planned to make this a daily activity, but that would be too much of a demand on my time and we'd run out of matchup candidates fairly quickly, so I decided to make it a periodic "pop-up" feature, whenever I feel like it (but never more than once a day).

Here's how it works: we run one non-Greats/Elites level fighter against another non-Greats/Elites level fighter. Though it's possible and permitted to have characters from the same novel fight each other, that would be rather boring because they likely already fought against each other (e.g. no need to have Great Evil # 3 fight Chu Dan Sun because they already fought each other more than once during DGSD and we know the likely outcome). It's probably more interesting to pit fighters from different novels who are of comparable levels (e.g. enough for a good fight) against each other. Thus, we're not going to have ridiculous matchups such as Muk Lim Chi (LOCH) vs. Deun Yin Hing (DGSD) because there's little intrigue in such a matchup.

So first up: we have the Golden Wheel Monk's disciple Dat Yee Ba (ROCH) vs. Mo Yung F'uk's flunky Bao But Tung (DGSD). They meet each other at random and Dat Yee Ba insults Mo Yung F'uk while Bao But Tung insults the Golden Wheel Monk. Both warriors are pissed.

How does the fight begin and who will prevail?
    I think Daerba would win he is almost on par with Liu Chuxian (Quanzhen 3rd master) which seems much better than any of Gaibang elders if in DGSD his level maybe around DCZ level while Bao Butong only equal with Gaibang elders at best..

I would give the advantage here to Daerba too. He is equivalent to a mid tier QZ elder, who should be better than Bao Bu Tong.

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaMaster View Post
    I would give the advantage here to Daerba too. He is equivalent to a mid tier QZ elder, who should be better than Bao Bu Tong.
    Perhaps Daerba is around Grandpa and Grandma Tan level which a bit below DZC in DGSD IMHO..