Thread: Martial Art Choosing

Default Martial Art Choosing

Consider yourself a wuxia character
    What martial art you choose for your campaign ?

Conditions
    You can only choose 3 arts from JY universe
    1 inner power art + 1 bare hand art + 1 weapon art
    but you can choose only 1 of them.
    There is no limit for choosing off/def arts or poison arts
    You can choose a martial art advisor from JY universe but because of this you can only choose 2 arts
    There is no limit on novels
    Some arts have inner power base on them.For choosing this arts you can ignore the inner power choose and instead of it picking a martial art advisor but you should write more details about it or you still can choose inner power art.

=============================================

If I want to choose

for inner power
    obviously Full Divine Art of the Northern Darkness

for weapon art
    obviously 9 Swords of Dugu

for bare hand
    I choose 6 Meridian Divine Swords

So the final choose would be

DSOND + 6MDS + 9SOD

why?

9 SOD is the most advanced sword technique in JYU and it is a framework that allow me to merge other sword arts into it
    6MDS also is a sword technique but a bare hand sword technique so I can merge it to 9SOD and use it just like part of 9 SOD
    I need raw power for 6MDS
    Best choose would be DSOND which can has very good support for any technique and allow me to get unlimited power.Also except absorbing part of it , DSOND is a advance inner power cultivation art and has many aspects.
    In the result I get a mega offensive art and profound and infinite source of power to support it for fighting.
    Last edited by reydge; 08-29-21 at 01:07 PM.

9 yang + taiji fist + taiji sword is the best synergy in the trilogy, with the last two being based on the first. Add Qiankun Danuoyi to make it even more efficient. Pressure cook in a Qiankun bag to save time.

Yeah, Zhang Wuji had the most incredible coincidental combination in the trilogy.

So the tricky part here is that many bare-hand arts have specific internal energy training requirements - which was one of the reasons why Xiaowu Xianggong from Xiaoyao Sect was so powerful, its internal energy allowed for almost any type of technique to be executed.

I think it'd be pretty hard to beat the combination of the reality-breaking DG9S and the completely broken energy absorbing Beiming Shenggong. I don't think you even need a palm art here, because anyone who exchanges palms with you would have their energy slowly-but-surely sucked away. That being said, I think you'd probably want something that scales well with monstrously powerful internal energy, so maybe something like Seven Damages Fist would work well; even if the person in question had a way to get around the Beiming sucking, they would have to be faced with seven completely different 'waves' of energy smashing into you.

Taiji fist is an excellent technique, but it follows the principles of using 'four liang to divert a thousand jin' - but with such monstrously powerful internal energy, there's really no need because you would almost always be the thousand jin of force, there's no one with more force than you. As such, it's better with lower-tier fighters than the truly top tier ones.

One thought - Zhou Botong's left/right technique is kind of a bare hand art. If you can select this, you would be equivalent to a double DG9S wielder with Beiming auto-protect and energy absorption - yowza!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    So the tricky part here is that many bare-hand arts have specific internal energy training requirements - which was one of the reasons why Xiaowu Xianggong from Xiaoyao Sect was so powerful, its internal energy allowed for almost any type of technique to be executed.

I think it'd be pretty hard to beat the combination of the reality-breaking DG9S and the completely broken energy absorbing Beiming Shenggong. I don't think you even need a palm art here, because anyone who exchanges palms with you would have their energy slowly-but-surely sucked away. That being said, I think you'd probably want something that scales well with monstrously powerful internal energy, so maybe something like Seven Damages Fist would work well; even if the person in question had a way to get around the Beiming sucking, they would have to be faced with seven completely different 'waves' of energy smashing into you.

Taiji fist is an excellent technique, but it follows the principles of using 'four liang to divert a thousand jin' - but with such monstrously powerful internal energy, there's really no need because you would almost always be the thousand jin of force, there's no one with more force than you. As such, it's better with lower-tier fighters than the truly top tier ones.

One thought - Zhou Botong's left/right technique is kind of a bare hand art. If you can select this, you would be equivalent to a double DG9S wielder with Beiming auto-protect and energy absorption - yowza!
    So
    what is your final choose?

If I want to choose

for inner power
    obviously Full Divine Art of the Northern Darkness

for weapon art
    obviously 9 Swords of Dugu

for bare hand
    I choose 6 Meridian Divine Swords

So the final choose would be

DSOND + 6MDS + 9SOD

why?

9 SOD is the most advanced sword technique in JYU and it is a framework that allow me to merge other sword arts into it
    6MDS also is a sword technique but a bare hand sword technique so I can merge it to 9SOD and use it just like part of 9 SOD
    I need raw power for 6MDS
    Best choose would be DSOND which can has very good support for any technique and allow me to get unlimited power.Also except absorbing part of it , DSOND is a advance inner power cultivation art and has many aspects.
    In the result I get a mega offensive art and profound and infinite source of power to support it for fighting.
    Last edited by reydge; 08-28-21 at 06:34 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

My Choice:

Yijin Jing: Power cultivation, healing factor & poison resistance. Three benefits in one.
    Dugu 9 Sword: The swiss army knife of sword style and an evolving art so can continue to get better.
    Vacant Fist: Matches 18 Dragon Palm for power, but also contains soft versatile elements.

Xian Tian Gong, Yiyang Zhi::Liu Mai Shen Jian.

Hand to hand : 18 Palm of Dragon Slaying

Inner energy method : 9 Yang

Weapon skill : Heavy Iron Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    My Choice:

Yijin Jing: Power cultivation, healing factor & poison resistance. Three benefits in one.
    Dugu 9 Sword: The swiss army knife of sword style and an evolving art so can continue to get better.
    Vacant Fist: Matches 18 Dragon Palm for power, but also contains soft versatile elements.
    Well if I not wrong ZBT once said that if GJ proficiency in 18 Dragon Palm reached H7G level he wouldn't be able to "push back" GJ again that mean in pure power 18 Dragon Palm > Vacant Fist..

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well if I not wrong ZBT once said that if GJ proficiency in 18 Dragon Palm reached H7G level he wouldn't be able to "push back" GJ again that mean in pure power 18 Dragon Palm > Vacant Fist..
    I thought the quote was in theory Vacant Fist can counter 18 Dragon palm, however that is dependent on the respective users level and that ZBT at that time might not be able to overcome H7G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I thought the quote was in theory Vacant Fist can counter 18 Dragon palm, however that is dependent on the respective users level and that ZBT at that time might not be able to overcome H7G.
    I believe ZBT at that time (when he 1st meet with GJ) only a bit inferior than Greats GJ even wrongly guessing him as OYF and YD..

Bei Ming Shen Gong

Liu Mai Shen Jian (does this count as bare handed?)

Dugu Jiu Jian
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Bei Ming Shen Gong

Liu Mai Shen Jian (does this count as bare handed?)

Dugu Jiu Jian
    yes

--------

I don't know why you choose this three but we are the same in term of choice

Beiming Shengong and LMSJ would be "overkill" which make us become "god" in wulin without equal which I think it's a bit "boring" just like DGQB he live in seclusion after he realize he is "matchless" under heaven so I prefer skills like 18 Dragon Palm Yiyang Zhi and others great-level skills😛😛😛😛

I don't know about Beiming Shengong but 6MSJ requires a powerful inner power foundation: Duan Yu didn't have it that's why it was inconsistent for him. That's why I also chose Xian Tiangong.
    Last edited by Dirt; 08-29-21 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Beiming Shengong and LMSJ would be "overkill" which make us become "god" in wulin without equal which I think it's a bit "boring" just like DGQB he live in seclusion after he realize he is "matchless" under heaven so I prefer skills like 18 Dragon Palm Yiyang Zhi and others great-level skills😛😛😛😛
    Frankly, with BMSG, you can pick any other 2 random skills and you would still be OP as F.

The BMSG that DY used was like 1 of 36 parts. Not sure how much more crazy the full 36 stance version would be.

Oh, of course if we include the 1st edition, I'll take the Xiaoyao Yufeng over BMSG
    Last edited by CC; 08-29-21 at 02:56 PM.

Frankly, with BMSG, you can pick any other 2 random skills and you would still be OP as F.
    What do you think about QHBD? It made BXJF unbeatable in its time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    What do you think about QHBD? It made BXJF unbeatable in its time...
    I always had this thought about BMSG and QHBD/BXJF.

Since BMSG can convert all energies to BM Qi.

Can you use BMSG to hack QHBD/BXJF, by not castrating and converting the out of control energy to BM Qi instead?

Pretty much a bug abuse if it was a game.

I always had this thought about BMSG and QHBD/BXJF.

Since BMSG can convert all energies to BM Qi.

Can you use BMSG to hack QHBD/BXJF, by not castrating and converting the out of control energy to BM Qi instead?

Pretty much a bug abuse if it was a game.
    What does Qiankun Danuoyi categorise as? Zhang Wuji used it to store ten of Fan Yao's palms before returning them in one go. If one can release stored energy efficiently, it just adds to the OP. It might even qualify as one of Ren Woxing's (the poster's) limit breakers.