Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 10: Ohr Jen Ngok (LOCH) VS. Wan Tze Ping (ROCH)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 10: Ohr Jen Ngok (LOCH) VS. Wan Tze Ping (ROCH)

Early in LOCH, a teenaged third-generation Cheun Jen Sect disciple Wan Tze Ping visited Mongolia and had a brief run in with Gong Nam 7 Freaks leader "Flying Bat" Ohr Jen Ngok. As WTP was just a teenaged novice at the time, he was no match for the veteran wulin warrior Ohr, and Ohr easily defeated him.

Some fifteen or so years later during ROCH, Wan Tze Ping is now an adult and experienced wulin combatant, has completed his martial arts training, and is much more adept than his teenaged self. If he were to have a rematch with LOCH-era Ohr Jen Ngok (not the older version from ROCH, who was already in decline), how would the fight go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Early in LOCH, a teenaged third-generation Cheun Jen Sect disciple Wan Tze Ping visited Mongolia and had a brief run in with Gong Nam 7 Freaks leader "Flying Bat" Ohr Jen Ngok. As WTP was just a teenaged novice at the time, he was no match for the veteran wulin warrior Ohr, and Ohr easily defeated him.

Some fifteen or so years later during ROCH, Wan Tze Ping is now an adult and experienced wulin combatant, has completed his martial arts training, and is much more adept than his teenaged self. If he were to have a rematch with LOCH-era Ohr Jen Ngok (not the older version from ROCH, who was already in decline), how would the fight go?
    Well Ke Zhen E could hold his own against one of Wanyan Hongli henchmen and one of them (i.e Lingzhi Shengren) only a bit below Wang Chuyi the 3rd strongest among Quanzhen Masters so logically Ke Zhen E > Yin Zhiping since Wang Chuyi only half level inferior to QCJ Yin Zhiping master..

1st and 2nd editions Yin Zhiping might have touched Ke Zhen E's level, although he never looked impressive in any fight. 3rd edition Yin Zhiping had retired from wulin to study Taoism full time. The 3rd edition disciple's combat performances never put him noticeably above KZE, and KZE is a formidable fighter in practice (as were all the Freaks).

Well judging Ke Zhen E fought against Wanyan Hongli henchmen he seems around 1/4 or 1/3 of QCJ or Wang Chuyi level while Yin Zhiping I don't think he is even 1/5 of QCJ level..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well judging Ke Zhen E fought against Wanyan Hongli henchmen he seems around 1/4 or 1/3 of QCJ or Wang Chuyi level while Yin Zhiping I don't think he is even 1/5 of QCJ level..
    I think Ken is talking about ROCH period. LOCH period Yin Zhiping was nowhere near Ke Zhen E in pure martial arts, let alone combat nous (where every single one of the Freaks beats him handily).

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    I think Ken is talking about ROCH period. LOCH period Yin Zhiping was nowhere near Ke Zhen E in pure martial arts, let alone combat nous (where every single one of the Freaks beats him handily).
    Even ROCH Yin Zhiping I think never reach 1/5 of Qiu Chuji level IMHO while Ke Zhen E he proved himself to be strong enough to fought almost evenly against one of Wanyan Hongli henchmen which around 70-80% of Qiu Chuji level..