Thread: Xiao Feng's journey to Shaolin

Default Xiao Feng's journey to Shaolin

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BAWzAH0QvuY/YULdby7Uw5I/AAAAAAAAHi8/OVkVUI0b4wwYc558pKGPrnhZ1ghJZnGSgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1280/Screenshot_20210916-125235_WeTV.jpg')

Xiao Feng and 18 Riders of YanYun arrived at Shaolin to search Azi, they are Khitan warriors of Liao empire, but how can a khitan warriors like them freely passed a Yanmen Pass (in which heavily guarded and had a strong fortress) and entering a central plain and beyond , before finally arrived at shaolin? he was not alone, but with 18 riders of Liao empire and their horses .
    i think there is no explanation at all in the novel, so what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best Wuxia author of all time : master Jin Yong

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BAWzAH0QvuY/YULdby7Uw5I/AAAAAAAAHi8/OVkVUI0b4wwYc558pKGPrnhZ1ghJZnGSgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1280/Screenshot_20210916-125235_WeTV.jpg')

Xiao Feng and 18 Riders of YanYun arrived at Shaolin to search Azi, they are Khitan warriors of Liao empire, but how can a khitan warriors like them freely passed a Yanmen Pass (in which heavily guarded and had a strong fortress) and entering a central plain and beyond , before finally arrived at shaolin? he was not alone, but with 18 riders of Liao empire and their horses .
    i think there is no explanation at all in the novel, so what do you think?
    I dont remember the novel specifically mentioning that they were dressed in Khitan battlegear like how the TV series shows it. We probably have to assume they dressed like Hans to sneak in.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

In DGSD 96, he ordered them to change to Han clothes & head to shaolin.

Though relations between Sung and Liao were tense at the time, the two kingdoms were not (at the moment) in a state of war. Perhaps Siu Fung and his men entered with the proper diplomatic and security clearances, informing the border commander on the Sung side that they were on an urgent humanitarian mission (Siu Fung was searching for Ah Chi). The Sung border commander then probably gave them clearance to enter with a strong admonition to conduct their business, and then get out, and avoid causing trouble on Sung territory.

A high level martial artist like QF can come and go whenever he like. His soldiers can change clothes into Han easily.
    Remember XYS and MRB also could come and go into Shaolin without anyone notice for years and decades.
    I think a Khitan Prince together with his warriors could attract Song soldiers if he come with proper diplomatic