Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off-topic mania

Toon already PMed the person to come to MKB instead, if he can't speak english very well, we will help him to post the question in English. See ! Now we got another reason why we should speak indonesia Even many of Indonesian youngster have bad english, so who will help them ?
    One quick thing for my thought about MKB thread.
    The only person who actually help me to understand is Siryu. Who actually put efforts for me to learn bahasa.

When I asked that thread "is it possible to learn?" one of you responded me saying "No time for you" and the others just ignored me. Wu Tang tried to teach me some but later he twisted words around and my bf corrected me. Sorcy helped me a bit as well.

Since it is Your thread, I was a bit feel left out without someone actually help me to understand you guys. I just there to learn language. But.. I guess you guys didn't like me being in that thread.
    Just my thought about that thread.

Yon.

About the whole jazz in this section? I feel sorry for SC who has to deal with POC in this section and nobody appriciates her.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Originally posted by Yon
    One quick thing for my thought about MKB thread.
    The only person who actually help me to understand is Siryu. Who actually put efforts for me to learn bahasa.

When I asked that thread "is it possible to learn?" one of you responded me saying "No time for you" and the others just ignored me. Wu Tang tried to teach me some but later he twisted words around and my bf corrected me. Sorcy helped me a bit as well.

Since it is Your thread, I was a bit feel left out without someone actually help me to understand you guys. I just there to learn language. But.. I guess you guys didn't like me being in that thread.
    Just my thought about that thread.

Yon.

About the whole jazz in this section? I feel sorry for SC who has to deal with POC in this section and nobody appriciates her.
    Hi Yon
    Yes I promised you to teach you bahasa. But since I have some problem with my laptop, so i can't online through online messenger other than SPC, I can't teach you, it's hard to do that also since I'm at work, I can only do that at night.Now since I got back my PC, I'm all ready. I never twisted words around ? correct me if i'm wrong.
    You are most welcome in this forum, if you read out carefully, if you post there, there's always people who responded, right ? We didn't left you out, I always responded to your post there, but you sometimes didn't respond back.

If you want to confirm something to me, just PM me or message me through my IM

wutang

Let me take it back about Wu Tang.. He actually did teach me some.. so you are a good boy.
    But I was very shock to read one of you (forgot who that was) rudely responded me saying "No time for you" I was

Well... if you don't speak the language.. it is hard to participate in that section. I feel bad... specially when you guys say "Yon say this, Yon say that" I am not a robot or a dog. Please tell me what it is.

Also.. please be friendly with newbies who try to learn the language of yours. I am very much fascinated by Bahasa and I would like to learn.. *sigh*

Yon

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

i also feel left out in some language threads.. not that i have any problems with them, it just feels weird not being able to understand what others are saying and you feel kind of like outcast in it.. would be nice if we could all understand each other but if others can't speak english that well guess it's ok to have it

Originally posted by Yon
    Let me take it back about Wu Tang.. He actually did teach me some.. so you are a good boy.
    But I was very shock to read one of you (forgot who that was) rudely responded me saying "No time for you" I was

Well... if you don't speak the language.. it is hard to participate in that section. I feel bad... specially when you guys say "Yon say this, Yon say that" I am not a robot or a dog. Please tell me what it is.

Also.. please be friendly with newbies who try to learn the language of yours. I am very much fascinated by Bahasa and I would like to learn.. *sigh*

Yon
    First of all, I'm sorry if my posts here disturbs SC or mods. Since I thought SC already made her decision, why do this issues brought up again ?
    For yon, if you're fascinated and eager to learn, then if there are no more language thread, then you won't be able to learn, right ? It's the person who did you wrong, not the thread itself

What confuses me it's that the problem first is because there's not enough people participate. Okay then we'll submit our list of posters. Secondly the "barrier issues" comes up. We also answered that we don't want to keep distance from other people, just read my previous post. Then the third issues comes : why would you need to use bahasa ? Okay we answered that, I hope our answer is good enough for you. Then there's this issues about "someone using indonesian language posting in other thread other than MKB" Okay we solved that also. Now comes another issues. If this going to be another issues after another, another excuses after excuses,this will never end.
    Let's just stop this, since the decision already made.

Thanks

Wutang
    Last edited by WuTang_Heroes; 09-08-03 at 01:08 PM.

Okay.. First of all I'm no trouble maker ...

Just been away over the weekend when this whole she-bang just exploded. As wutang said, the main issue has been addressed and I just want to reply to Yon's concern...

My apology to you Yon if one of our naughty member has hurt your feeling. (I'm sure Wutang will cane him/her later.... ) I hope one bad apple won't ruin the whole bunch...
    Some members have tried to explain and teach the language to others. If you are still interested, Wutang has volunteered and you can ask me also. I try to reply to any of the questions whenever I can. ...

Finally, any members are always welcome in the MKB (I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for everybody). All critism ( constructive ones of course...) and input are always welcome and will make us all a bettter host for our guests....

OK... you said it guys...

Granny Yonny shall enjoy the time being in that thread .. Pepe you better watch out.
    No more screwing me around about Bahasa.

Thank you guys for your concern and I really appericiate people who speak up their mind. I really was afraid that some members be hush hush about what they think and start trigger certain members to speak up rather addressing what you think by yourself.

Now.. I see some brave members who talks how they feel and what they think .

Take my bow

Yon

Cha... I'm so guilty as charge. Tisk tisk... I'll try to stick to the topic from now on. Don't want Granny Yon to get insane again & post those evil granny pics... *shivers*

That will be the Toture Chamber of Granny Yon

Yo people.. Be good.. Specially Lisa!

>> for people in SPC.

Yon.

Cha, Lisa good, Lisa good. Tisk tisk, has Granny notice for the past few days? Lisa has been sticking to the topic.

My take on the general comment forum:

Close down all different language threads.

Let the "relationship" threads continue, and close them down only if it degenerates into cyber sex.

If people want to discuss sexual matters in an inquisitive or curious manner, the academia forum is a place for that.

Increase time-delay between posting to prevent spamming.

Oh yeah, Mike Liu and Wutang and TristeCour should be banned ........... or given funny titles like "Lev's three little gimps" or something.
    "A girl asked me if she should spent money to change the way she look, I told her that she should use it to change her personality instead."

fights happens becuz every1 got different opinion i dunt c anythin wrong wit it.
    very good point. there's probably more fights and hurt feelings in the open debate forum than there is in any other forum.

double post... oops
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 09-08-03 at 02:18 PM.

This forum isn't as big as Soompi, and I don't think SC really wants to grow like that. And Soompi's main theme is Korean Entertainment.. incase you forgot.

About the sex, I still think it is wrong to see some teeager flirting with older guys in the forum and talking about some sexual things. Like I said.. about the sex issue, as SC made it clear, this site isn't about relationship. It is more about Wu Xia and TV series. Spend some time to contribute in the other thread.. would ya?

About harmless sex talk without perversiion. I have to ask for an example.

Also... friendship and family.. pet talk was the main focus of relationship thread. Not sex talk.

As much as people have different opinion, people have different sensitivity level.

About overpowering in the topics.... well.. again.. well managed forum survive. Well Modding forums survive as well.
    I am just a mod to modding Korean/Japanese section.. and seems like All the mods getting bashing.. yeah?

yon.

Originally posted by levendis d'orange
    My take on the general comment forum:

Close down all different language threads.

Let the "relationship" threads continue, and close them down only if it degenerates into cyber sex.

If people want to discuss sexual matters in an inquisitive or curious manner, the academia forum is a place for that.

Increase time-delay between posting to prevent spamming.

Oh yeah, Mike Liu and Wutang and TristeCour should be banned ........... or given funny titles like "Lev's three little gimps" or something.
    Have you notice all of these things are SO really benefical to YOUR needs except number 1, 2, & 4?

The last 1 is correct, I agree with that.

~~ My Huge Rant ~~

after thinking for a bit, I do agree with the spam part. we are getting more and more off-topic it seems. I think one way to solve this is to have a ** SPCNET CHAT ROOM *** in addition to this forum. Its not that hard to make a browser chat room, its just a java applet. I think if we do this, we can hopefully minimize the spamming.

as for the relationships forum, i think the main problem was people treated the relationship forum as reality. people were actually falling in love with someone on the net without even knowing the person! That is totally ridiculous.... I think spc should have followed soompi's format and had a relationship forum for 18+. because believe it or not, sex is an important part of relationships. relationships are a fundamental aspect of human nature and communities. our society is built by friendships, alliances, and how we interact with other people. if u want to supress the social aspects of human nature and only want the forum to talk about tv series, then u should take away the general comments, open debate, and video game forums as well.

and i find it odd that people take spc seriously. its just a forum. nothing more. people go on the forum to relax after a hard day's of work. they do not want to see all these rules telling them what to do and what not to do. what's up with that? its like u guys are treating this place as military camp and moderators as police with lot of power.... please.......

Censorship is fine but i think we're going overboard on the censorship. we can't even talk about friendships...
    when one of the purpose of the spcnet forums is to make friends from around the world who share a common interest in TV series. which is a bit hyprocritical. and now we can't even talk in another language. what if someone's native tongue is not english but chinese? what if someone is more comfortable typing in chinese (odd as it may sound)? the ridiculous reason for banning language threads is that because not everyone can participate. well........ I do NOT like NFL football. Since I cannot participate in NFL football, should they delete the NFL football thread? that's ridiculous. SPC is a asian site with TV series from all around asia. instead we should be promoting different asian languages not supressing them.

the keyword here seems to be 'supress'...

so all this brings us back to the main question.... what is the purpose of spc? is it to build a **community** where all us asian media fans can share our thoughts on things that preoccupy our minds? or is it to build a controlled society with tons of rules? in the end, the public does not own spcnet. spc owns spc (that sounds kinda weird ). so she makes all the rules. so i probably wasted my 10 mins on creating this post. I jus wanted to share my personal opinion on this issue whether u agree or not. afterall, the purpose of forums is to share different opinions on issues.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 09-08-03 at 02:20 PM.

Yon, yeah i totally agree. like the shi and chrissy case for example. i think thats wrong. of course, it all started probably with the floo dating service thread. i think thats going into danger zone coz its making it seem that the spcnet forum is reality. i meant the RF should just be a place to talk about relationships in ur own life, not to meet ppl on the net.

Originally posted by Yon
    OK... you said it guys...

Granny Yonny shall enjoy the time being in that thread .. Pepe you better watch out.
    No more screwing me around about Bahasa.

Yon
    Pepe? Hey! That's me! What when where? Yon, you know that skunk likes to play with people's mind. And this skunk really really likes teasing Yonny anywhere and everywhere. Wait .. That makes me a naughty skunk! Never mind! Yonny, this skunk is harmless and toothless.

Back to topic now. I shouldn't say anything more about the Mari Kita Bicara stuff. Wutang, Azalea, Eeyore, ToOn and other members have articulated their arguments well, and nothing I can say will reinforce the argument. The decision to allow or not eventually rests with SC.

I agree that there has been more sustained off topic posts lately even in the debate section. I know that the temptation of having fun and prolonging the spam are just sometimes too much to resist. I was, and probably still am, one of guilty party. If all members just remember that spamming is not cool, I think we'll have cleaner threads.

SC, is there any way to age a post? Let's say that posts longer than 14 days will automatically be purged. Or threads that are longer than 50 pages will automatically loose the older posts.

The decision to allow or not eventually rests with SC.
    exactly. too bad public opinion isn't as strong on the internet as it is in real life

I agree that there has been more sustained off topic posts lately even in the debate section. I know that the temptation of having fun and prolonging the spam are just sometimes too much to resist. I was, and probably still am, one of guilty party. If all members just remember that spamming is not cool, I think we'll have cleaner threads.
    You said it right there.
    Very good point.

Naughty skunk will have Granny's forgiveness.
    Stpp making fun of my Bahasa.

To Ganryu.. real life opinion isn't strong enough change the world either.

Yon.. well at least it has more chance..... like if a government makes a stupid law and the public is really against it and sign a petition, that has heavy weighting on the government's decision whether to abolish the law or not