Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 17: early Yeung Gor (ROCH) vs. late Yeung Hong (LOCH)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 17: early Yeung Gor (ROCH) vs. late Yeung Hong (LOCH)

Through time-space shenanigans, Yeung Hong (age nineteen, just a few days before his death) encounters another young man whom he does not realize is his son from the future (Yeung Gor, age seventeen, just after he completed his initial training in Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts and Cheun Jen Sect martial arts, but before training in the Jade Maiden Manual). The two do not recognize each other as father and son.

So...

Yeung Hong, age nineteen. Martial arts skills include Cheun Jen Sect martial arts (learned from Yau Chui Gei), 9 Yum White Bone Claw (learned from Mui Chiu Fung), and Yeung Family Spear Technique (somewhat bastardized form learned from Yau Chui Gei).

vs.

Yeung Gor, age seventeen. Martial arts skills include Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts (no Jade Maiden Manual yet), Cheun Jen Sect martial arts, and a little bit of Ha Mo Gung from West Poison Au Yeung Fung.

Yeung Hong is armed with a Yeung Family-style wooden spear, perhaps the one that belonged to his father, Yeung Teet Sum.

Yeung Gor is armed with an ordinary, generic sword.

Who wins this duel and how long does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Through time-space shenanigans, Yeung Hong (age twenty, just a few days before his death) encounters another young man whom he does not realize is his son from the future (Yeung Gor, age 17, just after he completed his initial training in Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts and Cheun Jen Sect martial arts, but before training in the Jade Maiden Manual). The two do not recognize each other as father and son.

So...

Yeung Hong, age 20. Martial arts skills include Cheun Jen Sect martial arts (learned from Yau Chui Gei), 9 Yum White Bone Claw (learned from Mui Chiu Fung), and Yeung Family Spear Technique (somewhat bastardized form learned from Yau Chui Gei).

vs.

Yeung Gor, age 17. Martial arts skills include Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts (no Jade Maiden Manual yet), Cheun Jen Sect martial arts, and a little bit of Ha Mo Gung from West Poison Au Yeung Fung.

Yeung Hong is armed with a Yeung Family-style wooden spear, perhaps the one that belonged to his father, Yeung Teet Sum.

Yeung Gor is armed with an ordinary, generic sword.

Who wins this duel and how long does it go?
    YK win without doubt since he is better than GJ in the their first meet while YG at that time considered weaker than Yin Zhiping and Zhao Zhijing he is even weaker than Hong Lingbo (LMC disciple) which I they arethink roughly equal with GJ when he first meet with YK and HR..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    YK win without doubt since he is better than GJ in the their first meet while YG at that time considered weaker than Yin Zhiping and Zhao Zhijing he is even weaker than Hong Lingbo (LMC disciple) which I they arethink roughly equal with GJ when he first meet with YK and HR..
    Coming out of basic training from Little Dragon Girl, Yeung Gor was a pretty good fighter by wulin nooB standards. I think this could go either way.

Coming out of basic training from Little Dragon Girl, Yeung Gor was a pretty good fighter by wulin nooB standards. I think this could go either way.
    But we should consider that YG not yet "refine" all his skills at that time he also lack "experience" and the novel itself notef that he is inferior to Yin Zhiping/Zhao Zhijing in terms of pure skills pre-Jade Maiden Manual lesson..

But we should consider that YG not yet "refine" all his skills at that time he also lack "experience" and the novel itself notef that he is inferior to Yin Zhiping/Zhao Zhijing in terms of pure skills pre-Jade Maiden Manual lesson..
    Yeung Hong was pretty raw too. He hadn't really had many fights. His brief tussle with Gwok Jing on the street was probably his first *real* fight, and he didn't have that many afterwards.

Yeung Hong was pretty raw too. He hadn't really had many fights. His brief tussle with Gwok Jing on the street was probably his first *real* fight, and he didn't have that many afterwards.
    But his skills not raw at all at least he could kill one of 7 Freaks or Gaibang elders with 9 Yin White Bone Claw which I doubt YG could with his skills at that time..

But his skills not raw at all at least he could kill one of 7 Freaks or Gaibang elders with 9 Yin White Bone Claw which I doubt YG could with his skills at that time..
    Yeung Hong caught Hon Bo Kui (Freak # 3) by surprise. Hon was still shocked that Freak # 7 (whom I think might have also been his biological sister) and Freak # 2 had just been killed by "East Heretic" (actually West Poison in disguise) and was not prepared at all to see Yeung Hong there. Under more normal circumstances, I'm not sure Yeung Hong could kill any of the Freaks.

Yeung Hong caught Hon Bo Kui (Freak # 3) by surprise. Hon was still shocked that Freak # 7 (whom I think might have also been his biological sister) and Freak # 2 had just been killed by "East Heretic" (actually West Poison in disguise) and was not prepared at all to see Yeung Hong there. Under more normal circumstances, I'm not sure Yeung Hong could kill any of the Freaks.
    Nope HR once noted that no one from 7 Freaks (except Ke Zhen E) could match YK not even the 2nd strongest Zu Chong..