Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 19: Shaolin Head Abbot Yeun Chi vs. King Deun Jing Ming (DGSD)

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 19: Shaolin Head Abbot Yeun Chi vs. King Deun Jing Ming (DGSD)

A duel of DGSD sub-Elites! We have Shaolin Head Abbot Yeun Chi with his Mighty Gum Gwong Palms vs. Dali's King Deun Jing Ming and his 1 Yeung Finger Technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    A duel of DGSD sub-Elites! We have Shaolin Head Abbot Yeun Chi with his Mighty Gum Gwong Palms vs. Dali's King Deun Jing Ming and his 1 Yeung Finger Technique.
    Abbot Xuanci could hold his own against XF while DZM skills only as good as DYQ at best and DYQ himself was afraid to fight XF 1 on 1 so logically Xuanci would win IMHO..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Abbot Xuanci could hold his own against XF while DZM skills only as good as DYQ at best and DYQ himself was afraid to fight XF 1 on 1 so logically Xuanci would win IMHO..
    I don't think Xuanci can hold his own against XF.

That said, I doubt DZM can defeat Xuanci.

Quote Originally Posted by hyoyatika View Post
    I don't think Xuanci can hold his own against XF.

That said, I doubt DZM can defeat Xuanci.
    I think you never read the novel when in Shaolin he and XF exchange palm for 3 times while DYQ which roughly equal with DZM running away from XF even without exchange stances at all also is said XF could simultaneously fight against 3 Xuanci or 4 DYQ..

Duan Zhengming stated that in a real fight, he could beat Duan Yanqing, and the latter agreed; while DYQ had slightly better mastery of YYZ, the fact that he was a cripple hindered his full combat potential.

Given that Xuanci is also slightly better than DYQ, I think Him and DZM are roughly on par.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Duan Zhengming stated that in a real fight, he could beat Duan Yanqing, and the latter agreed; while DYQ had slightly better mastery of YYZ, the fact that he was a cripple hindered his full combat potential.

Given that Xuanci is also slightly better than DYQ, I think Him and DZM are roughly on par.
    So it's mean DYQ is the best Yiyang Zhi user in DGSD yet he "afraid" to XF and we know apart Yiyang Zhi (and LMSJ) Dali martial arts isn't special at all while Xuanci he could exchange palm 3 times with XF even he openly challenge 18 Dragon Palm and Dog Beating Stick from Kaypang in Shaolin so I think Xuanci slightly better than DZM..

DZM is the best Fighter who specializes in YYZ, but DYQ is better in pure YYZ technique, yes. That being said, you over emphasize palm clashes too much in many of your posts. Palm clashes mean nothing unless both sides are going all out and the result is equal; hell, the Gongye guy who was Murong Fu’s subordinates exchanged multiple palm clashes with XF, and we know he is much weaker than Murong Fu who in turn is much weaker than Xiao Feng.

DZM’s exact words to DYQ was not just that he was better, but that he could “beat” DYQ, iirc. Do not underestimate this man. I honestly think him vs Xuan Ci would be an extremely close fight and have no clue who would win. This is one of Ken’s better mid tier matchups!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    DZM is the best Fighter who specializes in YYZ, but DYQ is better in pure YYZ technique, yes. That being said, you over emphasize palm clashes too much in many of your posts. Palm clashes mean nothing unless both sides are going all out and the result is equal; hell, the Gongye guy who was Murong Fu’s subordinates exchanged multiple palm clashes with XF, and we know he is much weaker than Murong Fu who in turn is much weaker than Xiao Feng.

DZM’s exact words to DYQ was not just that he was better, but that he could “beat” DYQ, iirc. Do not underestimate this man. I honestly think him vs Xuan Ci would be an extremely close fight and have no clue who would win. This is one of Ken’s better mid tier matchups!
    Well I agree with you it would be pretty good fight but what I mean is the superiority DZM over DYQ mostly due DYQ disability while Xuanci superiority over DYQ I think in "overall" skills which mean even if DYQ didn't "cripple" he is not Xuanci match proven by their encounter with XF which with his best skills DYQ don't dare to fought XF even for single stances in the other hand Xuanci could match palm at least 3 times with XF so overall Xuanci > DZM ~ DYQ IMHO..

On absolutely no basis, I would give the win to Xuan Ci.

He was supposed to be the best of the Xuan generation and I just dont see DZM being better than the entire Shaolin (ex Sweeper).
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    On absolutely no basis, I would give the win to Xuan Ci.

He was supposed to be the best of the Xuan generation and I just dont see DZM being better than the entire Shaolin (ex Sweeper).
    Totally agree..

Thinking it over, I too would give the edge to Xuan Ci; I have the feeling DZM was maybe 10% better than DYQ, maybe 15% at most, whereas the 3/4 formula suggests Xuan Ci is a third better. It’s be very close, but the edge goes to Xuan Ci.