Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 121 to 126 of 126

Thread: Why Sunflower Manual?

  1. #121
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    5,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    No, that's completely untrue. HZD couldn't do jackshit to JY. He even lost his sword. ZSF interfered out of fear for his master but that was unnecessary. After HZD lost the sword, the match would have likely ended in a draw.

    As for LHC, I, too, think he would beat JY as is. However, LHC did have 20+ years of some internal training. Though it was mediocre, his internal was not a complete zero like JY's technique. If we give JY 5 years of training in some basic Shaolin techniques, things would be more even.

    Look, I don't want to drag this into another pointless debate. I understand your point and even in real life, having good techniques can help you overcome physical disadvantages. I would agree with that.
    If you are talking about LHC with newly learnt DG9J and only is base Huashan internal. I would say JY with a couple months of Shaolin technique would paste him. He really only needs to be able to blast with inner force or roar/project his full 9 yang power to overwhelm LHC.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

  2. #122
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    I don't speak about fight strategies or various MAs of GJ
    I speak about one certain MA,the 18DSP of GJ
    Did GJ's 18DSP technique part improve?Did anything left after he learn it completely?
    Why are you focusing on just 18DSP? What are you trying to prove/disprove?

  3. #123
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Why are you focusing on just 18DSP? What are you trying to prove/disprove?
    I talk about all of inner power base MAs
    It is just a good a example
    I'm trying to say in the case of inner power base MA
    1.If you have good inner power foundation you can learn inner power base MAs in 1 hour and execute them that It seems you practice them 20 years
    2.After you learn a inner power base MA your progress is depend on improvement of your inner power and do not have any related to that MA because there would be no room in improvement of that MA for example GJ
    He learned 18DSP in LOCH and after that he only improved his inner power and because of that his 18DSP executed with more power
    3.Because of Nu.2 you can be OYF in LOCH

  4. #124
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    I talk about all of inner power base MAs
    It is just a good a example
    I'm trying to say in the case of inner power base MA
    1.If you have good inner power foundation you can learn inner power base MAs in 1 hour and execute them that It seems you practice them 20 years
    2.After you learn a inner power base MA your progress is depend on improvement of your inner power and do not have any related to that MA because there would be no room in improvement of that MA for example GJ
    He learned 18DSP in LOCH and after that he only improved his inner power and because of that his 18DSP executed with more power
    3.Because of Nu.2 you can be OYF in LOCH
    I think you misunderstand how inner power works in the JY universe and what 18DSP actually is.
    With the exception of 9 Yin/Yang most other inner power MA need to be paired up with corresponding external art ie. the Dog Beating staff can only show is maximum potential with the specific inner power. 9 Yin/Yang are based on the universal principals of Buddhism/Daoism respectively and so function as universal adapters.
    18DSP is an external art which allows the practitioner to strike with more of their strength and efficiency of power. For a real world example it is like learning to box without practicing the strength building. You don't get stronger per say you just punch better.
    ZWJ's comprehension is a special case as he had 乾坤大挪移 a unique skill. Most other Martial Artist will not be able to comprehend another art in so short a time no matter their inner power.

  5. #125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    I think you misunderstand how inner power works in the JY universe and what 18DSP actually is.
    With the exception of 9 Yin/Yang most other inner power MA need to be paired up with corresponding external art ie. the Dog Beating staff can only show is maximum potential with the specific inner power. 9 Yin/Yang are based on the universal principals of Buddhism/Daoism respectively and so function as universal adapters.
    18DSP is an external art which allows the practitioner to strike with more of their strength and efficiency of power. For a real world example it is like learning to box without practicing the strength building. You don't get stronger per say you just punch better.
    ZWJ's comprehension is a special case as he had 乾坤大挪移 a unique skill. Most other Martial Artist will not be able to comprehend another art in so short a time no matter their inner power.
    Technicaly 2 from 3 parts of your comment doesn't related to my post
    But
    The only MA in JY universe that has its own special type of inner power is sunflower(And maybe Art of ode to gallantry).Other arts can be use with other type of inner power and we do not have any evidences that prove the opposite
    For example we have three different main user of 18DSP
    XF-HQG-GJ
    but we about others ?
    18DSP in not like box
    In ZWJ's case I said about it before but let's see this
    This particular kung fu is very difficult to learn. A single mistake can lead to fire deviation. This is
    due to the inner power requirement for utilizing the technique. For if you ask a young child to lift a
    hundred pound hammer, he’ll fail, end up hurting himself no matter how well he grabs and lifts it.
    But if you ask a weightlifter to do the same, he’ll accomplish it easily. The idea is easy in theory,
    but does not work if you don’t have the means. Every older leader of the Ming sect knows this, butthey all felt that if they try hard enough, they would eventually succeed. This is why Zhang WuJi
    could learn the skill so fast, while many people smarter than he fails. Zhang WuJi simply had
    enough inner power, while the others do not
    And
    With this “Grasping the Sparrow's Tail” stance, the
    world had seen Taiji Fist used in combat for the first time. Zhang Wuji already had the Art of 9
    Yang and Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, now he suddenly made used of Taiji Fist's “sticky” technique.
    Though he learnt the skill no longer than two hours ago, it appeared as if he has studied it all his
    life
    Last edited by reydge; 11-15-21 at 12:30 PM.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Technicaly 2 from 3 parts of your comment doesn't related to my post
    But
    The only MA in JY universe that has its own special type of inner power is sunflower.Other arts can be use with other type of inner power and we do not have any evidences that prove the opposite
    For example we have three different main user of 18DSP
    XF-HQG-GJ
    but we about others ?
    18DSP in not like box
    In ZWJ's case I said about it before but let's see this

    And
    No every inner martial arts has a a external art it is most suitable for and can maximize its use. For example dog beating staff can only be used with its special inner force as seen when neither YG nor MYF could use it properly without the inner art.
    Yes the three most famous practitioners of 18DSP were XF, H7G & GJ and all three of them had different internal backgrounds and all three produced different results, you just proved my point the 18 DSP is like boxing, it is an external art the use inner power not cultivate it.

    Your quote "Zhang Wuji already had the Art of 9
    Yang and Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, now he suddenly made used of Taiji Fist's “sticky” technique.
    Though he learnt the skill no longer than two hours ago, it appeared as if he has studied it all his
    life " again just proved my point that ZWJ was a special case. 乾坤大挪移 allowed him to comprehend the move while 9 Yang gave him the power to execute it.

Similar Threads

  1. Sunflower manual vs other martial arts
    By goodrick in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 02-13-16, 12:31 AM
  2. Is Sunflower Manual or old clothing of monk stronger?
    By aniking_8 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-17-15, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-13-15, 02:04 AM
  4. Sunflower Manual Practitioner in SPW
    By goodrick in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-09, 12:17 AM
  5. Sunflower Manual in Smiling Proud Wanderer
    By smurf120 in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-08, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •