Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 20: Pre-Castration Ngok But Kwun (SPW) vs. End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Agree. Pre-castration I think at best he would be on par with a Wang Chuyi. Qiu Chuji was a certified badass, and in LOCH I believe he was the strongest non-Great/non-quasi-Great. Come to think of it, it makes the Seven Freaks beating him quite an impressive feat, even though we often look down on them. Hmm...
    Yeeeep obviously..

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I figured that as the head of the well-respected Mt. Hua Sect, Ngok But Kwun's martial arts had to be pretty decent, if not elite.
    Huashan martial arts don't have problem
    The problem is YBQ himself.Pre ERSA YBQ is a dumb fighter with almost no talent,understanding,creativeness and ....
    He became the headmaster because qi faction had lack of true good fighter after they expelled sword faction by trick.
    Last edited by reydge; 10-22-21 at 05:07 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Huashan martial arts don't have problem
    The problem is YBQ himself.Pre ERSA YBQ is a dumb fighter with almost no talent,understanding,creativeness and ....
    He became the headmaster because qi faction had lack of true good fighter after they expelled sword faction by trick.
    YBQ was a very conservative fighter. He could hold his own against other orthodox fighters but struggled against those with creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    YBQ was a very conservative fighter. He could hold his own against other orthodox fighters but struggled against those with creativity.
    Yeah...even pre-castration, Ngok But Kwun didn't strike me as being Gwok Fu or Mo Brothers weak. He was no elite, but we seldom saw him lose fights early in the story before he began encountering the stronger fighters. I figured that he was around the level of maybe Kunlun Sect Leader Ho Tai Chung or Mit Jeut See Tai from HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...even pre-castration, Ngok But Kwun didn't strike me as being Gwok Fu or Mo Brothers weak. He was no elite, but we seldom saw him lose fights early in the story before he began encountering the stronger fighters. I figured that he was around the level of maybe Kunlun Sect Leader Ho Tai Chung or Mit Jeut See Tai from HSDS.
    Well I think Huashan is the weakest sect among 6 orthodox sects in HSDS so if YBQ live in HSDS he would be much weaker than Mijue Shitai or even He Taichong IMHO..

Actually these are FQY's words
    YBQ had some good moment in SPW (F.E. again masked men) but that didn't mean Those word are not suitable for him
    Last edited by reydge; 10-23-21 at 11:51 AM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Actually these are FQY's word
    YBQ had some good moment in SPW (F.E. again masked men) but that didn't mean Those word are not suitable for him
    FQY was probably commenting as much about YBQ's moral as his talent.

FQY was probably commenting as much about YBQ's moral as his talent.
    No
    “Each of the Five Mountains sword schools have countless number of idiots who believed that as long as they become proficient with the sword moves taught by their masters then naturally they would become elite fighters.” He paused the let out a disgruntled snort. “You must have heard of the saying, ‘Once memorizing three hundred poems well, one will be capable to write poems himself!’ After memorizing others’ poems well, one might be able to write a couple of ragged verses, but without being original in conception, can he ever become a real poet?” Feng Qingyang criticized.
    and later
    “Among Yue Buqun’s apprentices, there are actually good talents like you. That chap does have some taste. He wasn’t a complete loser.” The “chap” he had mentioned of course meant Yue Buqun.