Thread: Ming cult (healthy) vs 6 sects

Default Ming cult (healthy) vs 6 sects

Had Cheng Kun not ambushed the leaders of the Ming cult, would they have been able to repel the 6 sects?

Only 5 banner from Ming Sect could "destroy" 6 sect members just like what they perform in Shaolin..

I think they can, though both sides will suffer heavy losses. We see that just Mie Jue and her Heavenly sword can already take out one of the 5 banners pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Only 5 banner from Ming Sect could "destroy" 6 sect members just like what they perform in Shaolin..
    And the million-strong army...

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    And the million-strong army...
    I doubt if against army since what i mean is 5 banner under YX not 5 army under Han Shantong and Zhu Yuanzhang which "real army"..

If the Ming Cult has its paramilitary forces, it wins easily. If it relies only on its wulin personnel, it will likely lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    If the Ming Cult has its paramilitary forces, it wins easily. If it relies only on its wulin personnel, it will likely lose.
    If they fought under wulin code i doubt Mijue or Kongxi could beat Bat King let alone YX also one of 5 Wanderers seems no worse than 6th and 7th Wudang Heroes while Bat King clearly stronger than Kunlun leader He Taichong so in 10 fight i think Ming Sect would win 6-7 times..

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

If they fought under wulin code i doubt Mijue or Kongxi could beat Bat King let alone YX also one of 5 Wanderers seems no worse than 6th and 7th Wudang Heroes while Bat King clearly stronger than Kunlun leader He Taichong so in 10 fight i think Ming Sect would win 6-7 times..
    If we are on about dueling the three Shaolin Monks would be the toughest ones to beat. Yang Xiao and Yin Tianzheng could take on one each but Wei Yixiao would be hard-pressed to win against the remaining monk. Base Miejue was only marginally less powerful than Daiqisi and if the abbess had Heaven Sword I don't think any one less than Yang Xiao or Yin Tianzheng could take her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    If we are on about dueling the three Shaolin Monks would be the toughest ones to beat. Yang Xiao and Yin Tianzheng could take on one each but Wei Yixiao would be hard-pressed to win against the remaining monk. Base Miejue was only marginally less powerful than Daiqisi and if the abbess had Heaven Sword I don't think any one less than Yang Xiao or Yin Tianzheng could take her.
    But in 1st edition Eagle King could beat 3 Shaolin monks include Kongxi and i agree Bat King would be lose to Mijue but if Mijue fight "cleverly" and for 1st and 2nd Hero it's seems a bit inferior than YX and The 5 Wanderers seems more or less equal with the remaining 6 sect leaders/elders so i think i would change my opinion which if they fought 10 times Ming Sect would win 4-5 times 2 draw and 3 loss..

The Six Orthodox Sects just have too many people. The Ming Cult has (far) superior numbers if we factor in their paramilitary forces (e.g. led by Chu Yeun Cheung, Chui Dat, Seung Yu Chun, etc.). That was a legit army that eventually overthrew the Mongol Yuan Dynasty and established the Ming Dynasty, after all...kind of like Seung Yeung Fortress 100 years earlier, but in reverse. The Ming Cult martial arts experts, however...they were very good, but there weren't enough of them. The mainstream sects win it on numerical superiority unless the Ming deploy their paramilitary forces.

The Six Orthodox Sects just have too many people. The Ming Cult has (far) superior numbers if we factor in their paramilitary forces (e.g. led by Chu Yeun Cheung, Chui Dat, Seung Yu Chun, etc.). That was a legit army that eventually overthrew the Mongol Yuan Dynasty and established the Ming Dynasty, after all...kind of like Seung Yeung Fortress 100 years earlier, but in reverse. The Ming Cult martial arts experts, however...they were very good, but there weren't enough of them. The mainstream sects win it on numerical superiority unless the Ming deploy their paramilitary forces.
    Well i said if they fought under wulin role which even one Eagle King could handle (and win) against almost half of the 6 sect powerful members so with Bat King YX and 5 Wanderers support i think they could fight better of course if we assume YX > Eagle King/Ming Lords..

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

The timing of the attack was a bit unfair on the Ming Sect as a lot of their best fighters were missing. At full strength they would have had:
    Yang Dingtian
    Left/Right Emissaries
    4 Guardian Kings
    5 Wanderes

In a dueling scenario if Z3F and the The Three Elders of the Bodhidharma Hall does not get involved then just YDT, L/R emissaries and the 4 guardian kings would guarantee at least 3 wins and 4 draws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    The timing of the attack was a bit unfair on the Ming Sect as a lot of their best fighters were missing. At full strength they would have had:
    Yang Dingtian
    Left/Right Emissaries
    4 Guardian Kings
    5 Wanderes

In a dueling scenario if Z3F and the The Three Elders of the Bodhidharma Hall does not get involved then just YDT, L/R emissaries and the 4 guardian kings would guarantee at least 3 wins and 4 draws.
    In that scenario, I think just YDT can pretty much mow down the entire 6 sect fighters (minus ZSF). CK admitted that he was still no match for YDT and he was probably only a bit below the 2 XM Elders. Hell, Yang Xiao at just level 2 of QKDNY was already better than any major sect fighters sans those 4. YDT would have completed level 5 if not for the fire deviation incident. ZWJ, when battling the 6 sects, never had to resort to anything near level 5 of QKDNY, except for the one time when he had to snatch the Heavenly Sword.

I think only Kong Jian, if alive, can give YDT a fight. I even think YDT can beat the 3 monks individually, provided that he completed QKDNY's level 5, of course.

Would YDT have reached level 7 eventually if he didn't fire deviate? Where would that put him among the Greats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bun Bo Hue View Post
    Would YDT have reached level 7 eventually if he didn't fire deviate? Where would that put him among the Greats?
    Nope JY said that only due Wuji massive inner strength (thanks for 9 Yang) which comparable with Greats allowed him to fully mastered Qian Kun Shift while YDT only have 1/3 of Wuji/Greats internal at best so logically he couldn't reach level 7..

Quote Originally Posted by Bun Bo Hue View Post
    I think he would max out at level 5. That wouldn't be too shabby though. He should be right between Qiu Qianren and everyone else from the Trilogy. He should comfortably beat one Du monk, Kong Jian, He Zudao, end of LOCH GJ, etc. He should beat XLN, too, if he can handle her techniques.

If Chen Kun didn't reveal his true identity and participate in the duels, I think the 6 sects would win