Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why sc should reopen the relationship forum?

deleted
    Last edited by jay_z; 09-13-03 at 02:27 AM.

How about we open it up but make it PG-13ish... I'm sorry, my lil' sister goes here to read translation.. She's 16.. but I don't want her to "accidentally" read onto stuff.... That goes for all you lil' 1s out there!!

I know Ganryu is strongly on this... & I kinda guess the age here.. why don't Ganryu or somebody make a linked forum out of the relationship 1 for an older age. Cha?

I think Jay is trying to say is that the general thread is becoming more like what the relationship thread was back in the good old days. Same craps are there, just word differently, post by same/or different folks, ignore by moderator/s based on lack of control or lack of interest (maybe just give up).

SPC could just take out the whole Lounge part of the forum. This way the site would stay focus on TV series, Wuxia, and movies, moderator/s have less work cut out for them, and it would be a happier place. And I bet she might just do that someday...

Isn't the interests of tv series, wuxia, and movies are some of the reasons why we come to SPCnet in the first place?

if not you are in a wrong place...

SC has decided that the relationships forum is gone for good. So please respect her decision and let the issue go.
    玉木宏

blog

I hate to say this but this place sucks without the relationship forum. Saying that it is not suitable for younger kids is full of BS.

Originally posted by Hing
    I hate to say this but this place sucks without the relationship forum. Saying that it is not suitable for younger kids is full of BS.
    If you want to discuss relationships, please visit another forum that caters to topics like that. Once again, please respect SC's decision not to revive the relationships forum.
    玉木宏

blog

Hing - just a warning: please do not present profanity in any type of form.
    The offensive image thus is deleted.

from S Mod

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

I don't see how posting debates or pictures about Britney or christina as fun either. If the r/s thread is gonna be filled with those, must as well keep it closed.
    Your panties are on too tight.

I think the admins here should make it clear that when they say no, it means NO. Writing tens of paragraphs to explain your points of view is useless. If that is possible, then even having a relationship forum will be fine.
    • Discussion: the confusion of one person multiplied by the number present.
    • Discussion Forum: the place where everybody posts, nobody reads and everybody disagrees later on.

Could the reason be one of the adminstrators, moderators or even some members somehow got affected in some bad online relationship within the relationship thread that result in the closing of the thread?

I agree with what TristeCoeur said. The adminstartors should make it clear what is NO. Instead of random moderating jobs done by moderators who do not have a clear guildline to follow.

I also agree somewhat with what James Ko has said too, just delete the Lounge section of the forum. I came to read.the China and TVB TV series (and what a good job it is) but the other threads non related TV and entertainment threads are just a distraction and source of the problems.

my 2 cents

What part of No can't you understand?

Sorry to be harsh here, but SC has posted reasons and explanations one after another and I think all of us are mature enough to understand the word "No"??

Could the reason be one of the adminstrators, moderators or even some members somehow got affected in some bad online relationship within the relationship thread that result in the closing of the thread?
    I think members just can quit if they the reason is above. Or.. suck it up if you want to stay in this forum. >> sorry for my harsh way of chosing the word, but this is basically what we do here... and after all.. it is your personal matter.
    Last edited by Yon; 09-13-03 at 03:31 PM.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

This is a dead beat discussion. I thought it was already pretty obvious when I said the Relationships forum is closed the decision was final the first time. If that's not clear enough, then NO. So please don't bring it up again. If there are some members out there who feel that they need a forum like that, I have some links to other forums for you.

If some of you are only here for the Relationships forum, then it's the wrong place to be at.

The Lounge area was supposed to be a fun area to participate in and I don't want to take it out just because of some troublemakers. I rather get rid of the troublemakers.
    -SC