Thread: Anyone watching the newer TVB series? 2021/2022

Default Anyone watching the newer TVB series? 2021/2022

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has been watching some of the newer series. TVB seems to be doing better with their productions in the past 6 months. None of them are classics but some are quite enjoyable.

I quite like "Used Good" with their refreshing cast. Hera is new but comfortable to look at. Matthew suits his role. The supporting cast is very good. The story makes sense.

I am now watching "The Righteous Fists". It is better than I anticipated.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hi! I am wondering if anyone has been watching some of the newer series. TVB seems to be doing better with their productions in the past 6 months. None of them are classics but some are quite enjoyable.

I quite like "Used Good" with their refreshing cast. Hera is new but comfortable to look at. Matthew suits his role. The supporting cast is very good. The story makes sense.

I am now watching "The Righteous Fists". It is better than I anticipated.
    I caught an episode of Righteous Fists over at my brother-in-law's during Chinese New Year. Elaine Yiu's acting seems to have improved since I last saw her (which is a long long time ago), and she comes across as pretty good leading lady material now, although she can't be young anymore. Lily Leung was in it, though, so it's probably a production from more than 2 years ago, but delayed in release. Joel Chan I last caught in Barack o'Karma, and he's definitely matured enough to take on leading roles. First time seeing Ruco Chan in action as the male lead (seen him in side roles a lot - says how often I watch TVB in the last decade) and he doesn't seem to have aged as well as Joel did, although he's obviously the more charming one.

I don't think I'll be watching the whole thing, but it was fairly entertaining watching that single episode (the one where Jimmy Au's White-browed character dies). Ruco Chan and Natalie Tong looked like a fun couple, but I think I preferred Joel and Elaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I caught an episode of Righteous Fists over at my brother-in-law's during Chinese New Year. Elaine Yiu's acting seems to have improved since I last saw her (which is a long long time ago), and she comes across as pretty good leading lady material now, although she can't be young anymore. Lily Leung was in it, though, so it's probably a production from more than 2 years ago, but delayed in release. Joel Chan I last caught in Barack o'Karma, and he's definitely matured enough to take on leading roles. First time seeing Ruco Chan in action as the male lead (seen him in side roles a lot - says how often I watch TVB in the last decade) and he doesn't seem to have aged as well as Joel did, although he's obviously the more charming one.

I don't think I'll be watching the whole thing, but it was fairly entertaining watching that single episode (the one where Jimmy Au's White-browed character dies). Ruco Chan and Natalie Tong looked like a fun couple, but I think I preferred Joel and Elaine.
    Hi! I am watching it for Grace and her high kicks. I have watch every episodes until now of it. I do feel that the story dies a bit after Jimmy Au dies. People are a lot stupider after that. But the fights are still good. There are a lot of plot twists on the way. I am enjoying it though I feel it would be more better if the story was packed into 20-25 episodes than 30 episodes.

Elaine has improved a lot and she is pouting a lot less and more expressive with her body language. Her crying is very moving. The downs side is that even though she looks good for her age, she is getting paired with older male leads.

Joel has always been quite solid in his acting. TVB tried to promote him twice in the past but he always got distracted by his family business or personal life to commit to his career. Now that he has settled down with a kid, he is doing a lot more well in his roles and he seems a lot more happier as a person.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

hm, be long time I didn't watch TVB new serie...dunno if it's because the plot story or the actors...maybe some recommendation? I prefer costume serie than modern serie...

I have recently started watching it and I like it so far.
    Last edited by ElissaStephens; 12-04-23 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miaka FY View Post
    maybe some recommendation? I prefer costume serie than modern serie...
    I don't know if this counts but the last "costume" TVB drama I watched from start to finish was The Ghetto Fabulous Lady starring Adia Chan, released in 2019. It is a mystery/detective drama that is set in the 1920s. I usually only watch Wuxia but found this to be fairly decent.

The fact that there were some recognizable male actors (even in low-key roles) from the 90s/2000s also helped as well. For example the butler is played by the guy who played Kublai Khan in ROCH95.

Interestingly, when I first noticed the drama, I didn't realise that the female lead was Adia Chan at all! I only knew when I saw her name. She looks very different to when she was younger, for example I remember her from The Zu Mountain Saga.

Adia Chan, Jeannie Chan and Alice Chan provides some nice eye candy for me (especially when they're dressed up), but if you're a lady this kind of thing won't interest you of course.

It's great to hear that TVB has been improving its productions. "Used Good" seems to have a refreshing cast and a sensible storyline, making it an enjoyable watch. "The Righteous Fists" also exceeded expectations. It's always nice when newer series turn out to be pleasantly surprising. And if you are looking for the UK Writings reviews online then you can visit https://uktopwriters.com/review-ukwritings/ here where you will find your answer. I am also using that website link to find the best essay writer.
    Last edited by KariShaw; 12-19-23 at 09:12 AM.

I just watched The Queen Of News and I liked it. Secret Door is very dark and tragic but nevertheless a good role. Looking forward to Sinister Beings 2 this year with the return of Noel Leung in a guest role.
    Cyril Connolly