Thread: Why did everyone wants baby Guo Xiang/Kwok Sheung? [ROCH]

Default Why did everyone wants baby Guo Xiang/Kwok Sheung? [ROCH]

I recently rewatched the old TVB's Return of the Condor Heroes 1983. The one with Andy Lau. I haven't read the novel.

Was it ever explained in the novel why Yang Guo/Yeung Gor didn't just return the baby? I could be wrong but it seems there were many opportunities to do so. And their decision to adopt the baby in the end doesn't make much sense.

They never adopted her (where'd you get that idea?). They were a bit busy fighting/running for their lives, and that one time they did have a chance to return the baby to her mother, Yeung Gor decided to hang on to Gwok Seung a little longer because he was in a fit of pique after Gwok Fu errantly attacked him and Little Dragon Girl with one of Lee Mok Sau's Icy Soul Needles. Even Yeung Gor later felt it was a silly thing to do.

That's what they said in ep 41. The one where it's snowing and Yi Deng and the iron palm guy visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by yadabant View Post
    That's what they said in ep 41. The one where it's snowing and Yi Deng and the iron palm guy visiting.
    There's nothing in the text. The closest to it is a conversation where Xiao Longnu says how cute Guo Xiang is, and Yang Guo says that's nothing, they'll have children of their own.

Around min 4:30. The English sub was "We can see her as our daughter. Since you like her so much."
    I mean, at least on the TV show, it seem they were dead set to disappear forever from the world with baby Guo Xiang. If they didn't get the surprise visit from the beggars and Yi Deng.

Well, if you want, you can pin it down to Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl being cradle-robbing sociopaths. Might work better that way.

What's up with the snarkiness?
    I just rewatched a show and had a question.

Good bye.

Quote Originally Posted by yadabant View Post
    What's up with the snarkiness?
    I just rewatched a show and had a question.

Good bye.
    Ken's not being snarky. Ken just hates Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu. So any unpleasantness in the post wasn't aimed at you; it was aimed at Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu.