Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nine Yin & Nine Yang

Default Nine Yin & Nine Yang

Was the Nine Yin & Nine Yang comparable to each other in terms of inner power? I know ZWJ accumulated huge amount of power after learning the Nine Yang but I don't recall GJ having so much power supply.

Also, ZWJ's inner power seemed to be unlimited, we have never seen him experiencing power exhaustion in fights. Could it be because one is a Yin based and one is a Yang based energy that made the differences?

I have always felt that 9 Yang is more superior in terms of raw strength and quantity.

9 Yin seems to be more on the soft side but refined, so I guess if you are talking about raw strength, 9 Yang wins

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Heretic View Post
    I have always felt that 9 Yang is more superior in terms of raw strength and quantity.

9 Yin seems to be more on the soft side but refined, so I guess if you are talking about raw strength, 9 Yang wins
    But YG dan Z3F said that GJ ~ Jueyuan which mean 9 Yin ~ 9 Yang..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    But YG dan Z3F said that GJ ~ Jueyuan which mean 9 Yin ~ 9 Yang..
    oh really? i must have missed that part. always thought ZWJ was better in raw strength and had a lot more energy accumulation

wished JY had given more info on YG's descendant's capabilities so that we can have better insight of 9 Yin vs 9 Yang

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Heretic View Post
    oh really? i must have missed that part. always thought ZWJ was better in raw strength and had a lot more energy accumulation

wished JY had given more info on YG's descendant's capabilities so that we can have better insight of 9 Yin vs 9 Yang
    I think the best practioner of 9 Yang is Jueyuan not Wuji i mean Wuji could easily heal himself not only due his abundant power but also due his knowledge about human body/accupunture so when we combine it the result is unbelieveble..

Nine Yin has healing capabilities, overall package I feel Nine Yin > Nine Yang

I also think 9Yin is more complete because 9Yang is just about inner power. However, can someone name a specific Great-level skill from 9Yin? White Bone Claws is pretty underwhelming to me.

In other words, can someone with JUST 9Yin and no other manuals become a Great?

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    I also think 9Yin is more complete because 9Yang is just about inner power. However, can someone name a specific Great-level skill from 9Yin? White Bone Claws is pretty underwhelming to me.

In other words, can someone with JUST 9Yin and no other manuals become a Great?
    The 9 Yum Jen Ging had an assortment of hand-to-hand and weapons techniques, so it wasn't just an inner power manual the way the 9 Yeung Jen Ging was. Most of the 9 Yum Jen Ging's practitioners, however, had better external skills of their own and didn't care to use those offered by the 9 Yum Jen Ging. For example, when Gwok Jing was West Poison Au Yeung Fung's prisoner for a time near the end of LOCH, he used weapons skills that he learned from the 9 Yum Jen Ging to spar with Au Yeung Fung, mostly because Gwok Jing didn't have any other weapons skills (all he had were the Gong Nam 6 Freaks' various weapons skills) that were up to the standard of matching up against those of a Great. He never revisited those skills later, however, choosing to rely on Hong Lung 18 Palms and other hand-to-hand skills instead. I'm guessing that if you have no other external skills, the ones offered by the 9 Yum Jen Ging are good to know/have, but if you already possess a Greats-level external skill, you'll probably find the external skills in the manual to be unnecessary.

I think 9 Yang gives the impression of greater inner power at least partly because 9 Yin GJ had many other people near his power level while ZWJ had no-one near except Z3F who didnt get much detailed fights.
    If you put say LoCH H7G in a story where the next strongest inner power was like say Cheng Kun or Xuanming 2 Elders, suddenly H7Gs no name unbranded inner power would look like some superweapon too.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I think 9 Yang gives the impression of greater inner power at least partly because 9 Yin GJ had many other people near his power level while ZWJ had no-one near except Z3F who didnt get much detailed fights.
    If you put say LoCH H7G in a story where the next strongest inner power was like say Cheng Kun or Xuanming 2 Elders, suddenly H7Gs no name unbranded inner power would look like some superweapon too.
    There is truth to this observation. Additionally, we saw Gok Yeun's impressive performance despite having no real fighting techniques. On sheer power alone, he was able to awe Ho Juk Do and KO scores of his fellow Shaolin monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There is truth to this observation. Additionally, we saw Gok Yeun's impressive performance despite having no real fighting techniques. On sheer power alone, he was able to awe Ho Juk Do and KO scores of his fellow Shaolin monks.
    Actually Jue Yuan's power was on display at the end of ROCH among all the Greats. It was very obvious at that point that his inner power was clearly among the best of the best, ie. GJ and YG. So yes, we do have the same reference point to judge 9Yang and 9Yin. 9Yang was consider elite against the Greats, too, not just scrubs from HSDS.

Actually Jue Yuan's power was on display at the end of ROCH among all the Greats. It was very obvious at that point that his inner power was clearly among the best of the best, ie. GJ and YG. So yes, we do have the same reference point to judge 9Yang and 9Yin. 9Yang was consider elite against the Greats, too, not just scrubs from HSDS.
    His lack of external fighting techniques would have put him at a disadvantage against a Great, however. With his far superior inner power, Gok Yeun could lord it over those relatively weak opponents who could not match his strength, even though Gok Yeun had no external fighting skill to speak of. Against a Great, however, who has comparable inner power AND exquisite fighting techniques, Gok Yeun would be in trouble. Shaolin gave him no external technique training (I wonder why), and the 9 Yeung Jen Ging had none to offer him.

His lack of external fighting techniques would have put him at a disadvantage against a Great, however. With his far superior inner power, Gok Yeun could lord it over those relatively weak opponents who could not match his strength, even though Gok Yeun had no external fighting skill to speak of. Against a Great, however, who has comparable inner power AND exquisite fighting techniques, Gok Yeun would be in trouble. Shaolin gave him no external technique training (I wonder why), and the 9 Yeung Jen Ging had none to offer him.
    Jueyuan was a worker monk afterall..

Right, I agree with you. The Greats would beat JY because JY had no external skills. I was saying JY's internals were better than most Greats except GJ and YG, meaning 9Yang was no doubt a Great-level INTERNAL manual.

For me, 9Yang is bit better than 9Yin due to its more raw power and the auto-protect feature, though I would agree that it would eventually come down to the specific user anyway. ZWJ was able to attain Great-level internals at age 20, something no 9Yin practitioners have been able to achieve. That also says something about 9Yang superiority as an internal manual.

Right, I agree with you. The Greats would beat JY because JY had no external skills. I was saying JY's internals were better than most Greats except GJ and YG, meaning 9Yang was no doubt a Great-level INTERNAL manual.

For me, 9Yang is bit better than 9Yin due to its more raw power and the auto-protect feature, though I would agree that it would eventually come down to the specific user anyway. ZWJ was able to attain Great-level internals at age 20, something no 9Yin practitioners have been able to achieve. That also says something about 9Yang superiority as an internal manual.
    Of course, no 9 Yum Jen Ging practitioner had five unmolested years completely free of distraction to train in the 9 Yum Jen Ging before age twenty either. From the time that he first acquired 9 Yum Jen Ging (at age eighteen or nineteen) to the time that he was twenty, Gwok Jing was constantly either fighting for or running for his life against powerful enemies, or leading tens of thousands of men into war. He had no time to really dig into the 9 Yum Jen Ging until after he settled down at Peach Blossom Island with Wong Yung (and then, he had a wife and soon a daughter to deal with).

I think in terms of inner power 9 Yin ~ 9 Yang
    ZWJ is a rare case because he trained 5 years without any distraction

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    I think in terms of inner power 9 Yin ~ 9 Yang
    ZWJ is a rare case because he trained 5 years without any distraction
    Also he still need the "bag accident" to fully maximize his 9 Yang without that accident I don't think he could rivaled GJ/Greats even after 10 years of training let alone only 5 years training..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Also he still need the "bag accident" to fully maximize his 9 Yang without that accident I don't think he could rivaled GJ/Greats even after 10 years of training let alone only 5 years training..
    Exactly
    He needed that 3 attacks from miejue to understand the critical point of 9 Yang.With out this accident he couldn't maximize his 9 Yang
    Last edited by reydge; 07-31-22 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post
    Exactly
    He needed that 3 attack from miejue to understand the critical point of 9 Yang.With out this accident he couldn't maximize his 9 Yang
    Yeah and Qian Kun Shift make his 9 Yang even more "refine" and "effective"..

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

9yinzhen was created to overcome all kinds of martial arts style, it had martial arts moves and theories and inner power at the end. The inner power for the martial arts moves were yin based as they were meant to overcome the opponents moves. The secret inner power section was neutral and balanced. The 9yin refers to mystry. 9yang was balanced and started from inner power and and martial theories but no martial arts moves. The monk who created 9yang was a scholar type, he learned Shaolin inner power but did not learn advanced martial art move. (Like demigods semidevils XuZhu, only learned Shaolin basic arhat boxing and weitou fist). He didn't know Sanskrit and could only read the martial arts move and theories. He created 9yang based on 9yin and Shaolin inner power