Thread: The elder Greats and Elites in their early twenties: how powerful were they?

Default The elder Greats and Elites in their early twenties: how powerful were they?

If you're one of the main protagonists in a Jin Yong wuxia story, it's very possible that by the time you're around twenty years old, you will be knocking on the door of becoming a Greats/Elites-level martial artist. It happened for characters such as Deun Yu, Hui Juk, Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, Cheung Mo Gei, and Ling Wu Chung, who were all in their twenties when they attained high enough mastery of martial arts that they could rival the Great/Elite martial artists of their eras or, at the very least, be the next most powerful characters after those Greats/Elites (who were typically middle-aged or seniors at the time).

But how good were those middle-aged/senior Greats and Elites when they were in their twenties? How powerful was twenty-year-old Janitor Monk? The three Siu Yiu Sect Elders when they were twentysomething youngsters? Dook Goo Kau Bai at age twenty? Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung and Ancient Tomb Sect Founder Lam Chiu Ying when they were fresh out of their teens? East Heretic, West Poison, South Emperor, North Beggar, and Central Mischief when they were just twenty years old? Were they already among the elites of wulin at that age, or were they far weaker than the protagonist heroes were in their twenties?

I read somewhere online HYS roamed the Central Plains, writing rebellious poems and texts on the walls of all government institutions, earning him the title of Heretic. The government sent out people to track him down, but in vain.

So I would assume he was already an elite in his twenties. Not sure of his age when he took part in the first Huashan Tournament. He is younger than HQG and WCY for sure.

Apart from DGQB i think no one could considered as "elite" in their 20s even HYS said that he reavh YG level of internal strengh in his 30s so 20s HYS logically not much better than pre HIS YG..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Apart from DGQB i think no one could considered as "elite" in their 20s even HYS said that he reavh YG level of internal strengh in his 30s so 20s HYS logically not much better than pre HIS YG..
    How good do you think Dook Goo Kau Bai was at age twenty? Could he, even at that age, defeat the Greats of ROCH?

DGQB at 20 is probably as good as LHC. So no, no chance DGQB can defeat the ROCH greats. He may hold out against the LOCH Greats and can probably beat QQR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    How good do you think Dook Goo Kau Bai was at age twenty? Could he, even at that age, defeat the Greats of ROCH?
    At 20s DGQB use his Violet Sword (2st sword) when roaming Jianghu and some of us believe he beat young WCY due to "missunderstanding" and regret about it so he thrown his sword to valley and if we agree about that "mitos" i think 20s DGQB with Violet Sword should be around End-LOCH GJ level..

At 20s DGQB use his Violet Sword (2st sword) when roaming Jianghu and some of us believe he beat young WCY due to "missunderstanding" and regret about it so he thrown his sword to valley and if we agree about that "mitos" i think 20s DGQB with Violet Sword should be around End-LOCH GJ level..
    I think Wong Chung Yeung was likely a child who had not yet started training in the martial arts during the heyday of Dook Goo Kau Bai. Dook Goo Kau Bai's wulin days likely ended shortly before Wong Chung Yeung's started.

I think Wong Chung Yeung was likely a child who had not yet started training in the martial arts during the heyday of Dook Goo Kau Bai. Dook Goo Kau Bai's wulin days likely ended shortly before Wong Chung Yeung's started.
    That why i say "mitos" but i think 20s DGQB with Violet Sword (no mitos) should be at least around LOCH Greats level then HIS DGQB around YG/GJ level then wooden sword DGQB around Xiaoyao Elders and n-sword DGQB around Xuzhu level..

That why i say "mitos" but i think 20s DGQB with Violet Sword (no mitos) should be at least around LOCH Greats level then HIS DGQB around YG/GJ level then wooden sword DGQB around Xiaoyao Elders and n-sword DGQB around Xuzhu level..
    Sounds about right.

Sounds about right.
    Thanx a lot..