Thread: Horrendous things wulin people do to their children

Default Horrendous things wulin people do to their children

Inspired by Ken's thread, so, we've seen that many wulin experts are horrible parents. However, in this thread we list some of the things they do to their kids that are absolutely beyond words. Like we can't even process the logic that goes into these decisions.

Murong Bo
    Tasking your only child with restoring your long lost kingdom (!!) without any army, funding or even connections to some potential allies. And he has to do this on his own while I'm chilling somewhere stealing martial arts, like somehow Shaolin's Yijinjing is gonna be very useful against an army of 100 thousand soldiers. But hey, I did leave him with 4 useless servants with mediocre wugong and zero military training. Try not to go crazy son!

Xiao Yuanshan
    How about framing your own child for murder!!! Holy shit. Even if those people "deserved to die" like you said, how about NOT making it look like your son did it, causing the entire wulin to go on a manhunt against him? Like give him an alibi or something. Geez.

Any others?

Ren Woxing disallowing his daughter to marry Linghu Chong unless he joins the cult and becomes a member even though he knows the guy is a righteous and carefree person who only loves wine and his daughter

YBQ in SPW is worse. Getting her daughter to marry LPZ in order to steal his family's sword arts.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Yeah, YBQ using his daughter as bait for LPZ and then basically leaving her for death is up there, too. YBQ is such a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Yeah, YBQ using his daughter as bait for LPZ and then basically leaving her for death is up there, too. YBQ is such a dick.
    More like dickless.

If I recall he was against it. In fact he tried to kill LPZ after getting his hands on the manual but bcoz YLS was so in love with him, he had to agree with it

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    If I recall he was against it. In fact he tried to kill LPZ after getting his hands on the manual but bcoz YLS was so in love with him, he had to agree with it
    Originally he used YLS to get close to LPZ to get Bixie Sword Art, then let them get married so that he could find out if LPZ had castrated himself.

Lin Yuantu leaving the Bixie sword manual to his purchased children. I mean, he knew the dangers of the manual but still kept it with them. No parent would do that

Bao Xiruo getting Yang Kang to acknowledge Wanyan Honglie as father. She basically sold herself and her son to the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    Bao Xiruo getting Yang Kang to acknowledge Wanyan Honglie as father. She basically sold herself and her son to the enemy
    To be just a bit fair, she didn't know Wanyan Honglie ordered the attack on her husband. Still, I agree with you that getting your son to believe that Wanyan Honglie, an enemy of your own country, as father is very bad parenting.

Especially in contrast, we have GJ's mother who's in comparable situation and she made absolutely sure that GJ understood he was a pure Han. The moment she found out Genghis Khan could be an enemy of the state, she sacrificed herself so GJ could get away. GJ's mother is truly a great parent (and the irony here is that she's not a Wulin member lol).

To be just a bit fair, she didn't know Wanyan Honglie ordered the attack on her husband. Still, I agree with you that getting your son to believe that Wanyan Honglie, an enemy of your own country, as father is very bad parenting.

Especially in contrast, we have GJ's mother who's in comparable situation and she made absolutely sure that GJ understood he was a pure Han. The moment she found out Genghis Khan could be an enemy of the state, she sacrificed herself so GJ could get away. GJ's mother is truly a great parent (and the irony here is that she's not a Wulin member lol).
    This is more a reflection of the women's personalities rather than them doing horrendous things to their children. BXR was naive and emotional dependent on people, while Li Ping was worldly and independent. This probably came from their upbringing one as the daughter of a scholar and one as a peasant girl.

Lee Ping didn't mind Gwok Jing becoming close with Temujin and his family. In fact, she supported Gwok Jing's betrothal to Princess Hua Jeng. As long as Gwok Jing remembered who he was and that his father was Gwok Siu Teen, becoming close to Genghis Khan and his clan was acceptable...until the Khan made it clear that he intended to make war against the Sung Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Heretic View Post
    Lin Yuantu leaving the Bixie sword manual to his purchased children. I mean, he knew the dangers of the manual but still kept it with them. No parent would do that
    Strictly speaking they weren't his children but I get your point. It does seem a bit odd that LYT promised Abbot Red Leaf not to teach Bixie Sword Art but left the manual any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Strictly speaking they weren't his children but I get your point. It does seem a bit odd that LYT promised Abbot Red Leaf not to teach Bixie Sword Art but left the manual any way.
    Exactly! Why leave behind a manual that was copied from someone else and tell your descendants never to read it when it is highly likely the other scums of the martial world will be vying for it. Something tells me his brain went whacko after practicing the martial arts in it, like what happened to DFBB

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Lee Ping didn't mind Gwok Jing becoming close with Temujin and his family. In fact, she supported Gwok Jing's betrothal to Princess Hua Jeng. As long as Gwok Jing remembered who he was and that his father was Gwok Siu Teen, becoming close to Genghis Khan and his clan was acceptable...until the Khan made it clear that he intended to make war against the Sung Kingdom.
    Lee Ping treated Wah Jeng like her own daughter from the beginning until the end. I wonder why Wah Jeng betrayed her that lead to her death. How can Wah Jeng treat Lee Ping that way?

Other than RWX, pretty much everyone is willing to chop off their manhood in order to learn the martial art.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Lee Ping treated Wah Jeng like her own daughter from the beginning until the end. I wonder why Wah Jeng betrayed her that lead to her death. How can Wah Jeng treat Lee Ping that way?
    Princess Hua Jeng had no idea what would happen. She merely vented her unhappiness that Gwok Jing and his mother were preparing to leave the Temujin camp, and had no idea that her father would treat that as an act of treason by Gwok Jing (remember: Hua Jeng was privy to none of this).

After she realized that her careless outburst had unwittingly doomed Lee Ping, Hua Jeng felt enough remorse to attempt to make amends to Gwok Jing by warning him of the imminent attack on Seung Yeung Fortress, a critical piece of military intel that was valuable to him. She could have gotten into big trouble with her dad and her brothers for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Other than RWX, pretty much everyone is willing to chop off their manhood in order to learn the martial art.
    Qwai Fa Bo Deen had some weird property wherein very few could resist its temptation; it would take a man of extraordinary willpower or indifference to temptation to resist it.

Exactly! Why leave behind a manual that was copied from someone else and tell your descendants never to read it when it is highly likely the other scums of the martial world will be vying for it. Something tells me his brain went whacko after practicing the martial arts in it, like what happened to DFBB
    Yeah, wulin people and logic oftentimes don't mix. Like even someone as enlightened as Wang Chongyang did something similar. Why did you leave the 9Yin manual to your brother/disciple, knowing full well that that would make him the #1 target for the vilest of the viles in wulin world, AND forbade him from learning it, robbing him of the chance to at least defend himself?

Either destroy the book or give it to someone you trust with no strings attached, like Southern Emperor or that crazy monk who invented 9Yang. Don't give your own brother a death sentence!