Thread: Best Sword Art in Jin Yong World

Default Best Sword Art in Jin Yong World

1. Dugu Nine Swords (SPW)
    2. Jade Maiden Sword (RCH)
    3. Six Meridian Divine Swords

My guess is Six Meridian Divine Swords is still the best because it uses Qi instead of an actual sword

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    The best true sword technique (of no technique), but you still need to get opponents into slashing range to use it and it might be less effective against opponents who have exponentially greater inner power.

Good, but overrated. Needs to combined with Cheun Jen Sword Technique to be fully effective.

My guess is Six Meridian Divine Swords is still the best because it uses Qi instead of an actual sword
    Considering that you can point and zap from a considerable distance...yeah. The main drawback is it requires a deep reservoir of inner power and (ideally) expertise in 1 Yeung Finger Technique to be effective.

What about Evil Resisting sword? Also there’s the Yue Maiden sword used by Aqing that could solo an entire army.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Tai Chi sword, only need to grasp the concept rather than set sword moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alallen684 View Post
    What about Evil Resisting sword? Also there’s the Yue Maiden sword used by Aqing that could solo an entire army.
    Evil Resisting sword depends purely on castration and speed but even that, it lost to Dugu Nine Sword because after a while the moves repeats itself

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Tai Chi sword, only need to grasp the concept rather than set sword moves.
    Chongxu lost to LHC in the battle, which is why I didn’t think it was a good sword art. If it was ZWJ using Tai Chi sword perhaps the results would have been different?

Chongxu lost to LHC in the battle, which is why I didn’t think it was a good sword art. If it was ZWJ using Tai Chi sword perhaps the results would have been different?
    Or Cheung 3 Fung for that matter.

If someone knows the dual hand combat which ZBT created and uses the Jade Maiden Sword, which could be rare, then I foresee the Jade Maiden Sword would be the best sword art in JY world

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yup. Chongxu comes across as an average Wudang expert to me. I guess its normal that the next generation's capabilities degrades as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhawk View Post
    If someone knows the dual hand combat which ZBT created and uses the Jade Maiden Sword, which could be rare, then I foresee the Jade Maiden Sword would be the best sword art in JY world
    That would be XLN. She would kick LHC's *** anytime in terms of speed and skills

Yup. Chongxu comes across as an average Wudang expert to me. I guess its normal that the next generation's capabilities degrades as time goes by.
    If I were to speculate, Chung Hui likely reached a level similar to where Yu Lin Chou (Mo Dong Hero # 2 from HSDS) would have ended up at his peak (assuming that he hadn't already peaked by the end of HSDS). Yu Lin Chou was characterized as the most accomplished martial artist (Cheung Chui San was the most talented, but he died early) among Cheung 3 Fung's seven disciples, so I imagine that Yu's peak level was probably comparable to Chung Hui's.

That would be XLN. She would kick LHC's *** anytime in terms of speed and skills
    T'would be an interesting duel, methinks. It could honestly go either way.

If I were to speculate, Chung Hui likely reached a level similar to where Yu Lin Chou (Mo Dong Hero # 2 from HSDS) would have ended up at his peak (assuming that he hadn't already peaked by the end of HSDS). Yu Lin Chou was characterized as the most accomplished martial artist (Cheung Chui San was the most talented, but he died early) among Cheung 3 Fung's seven disciples, so I imagine that Yu's peak level was probably comparable to Chung Hui's.
    Yeah I agree.YLZ figured out the way to beat SQS's 9 Bone Claws on his own while Fan Yao needed a pointer from ZWJ. So sword arts-wise, he was pretty advanced already.

CX doesn't impress me in anything. So he "lost" to LHC the first time. Why couldn't he figure out a counter move the second time? His mind is still imprisoned by the move of LHC's 9 Swords, the one that beat him, meaning he's not yet at the stage of formless-ness required by Taiji sword. He was still trying to beat a specific move. That's why he failed.

1.9SOD
    2.6MDS
    3.Sunflower/Taiji

Chongxu lost to LHC in the battle, which is why I didn’t think it was a good sword art. If it was ZWJ using
    Tai Chi sword perhaps the results would have been different?
    It doesn't makes difference at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Yeah I agree.YLZ figured out the way to beat SQS's 9 Bone Claws on his own while Fan Yao needed a pointer from ZWJ. So sword arts-wise, he was pretty advanced already.

CX doesn't impress me in anything. So he "lost" to LHC the first time. Why couldn't he figure out a counter move the second time? His mind is still imprisoned by the move of LHC's 9 Swords, the one that beat him, meaning he's not yet at the stage of formless-ness required by Taiji sword. He was still trying to beat a specific move. That's why he failed.
    CX got the point that LHC break taiji and because of that he didn't try anymore.
    This is the most important point.LHC find taiji's weakness and break it.After that moment even ZSF himself couldn't do anything about it unless somehow he change the entire taiji's circular philosophy to overcome that weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by reydge View Post

It doesn't makes difference at all.
    It does. One consensus this forum has come to over the years is that the practitioner ultimately matters more than the technique. If this were not the case, then Ling Wu Chung would never have lost a fight after learning Dook Goo 9 Swords (but he did). Cheung 3 Fung was the inventor and ultimate practitioner of Tai Chi Sword Technique, and the only practitioner of Dook Goo Sword Techniques who has a better than 50% of defeating him would be Dook Goo Kau Bai himself.

It does. One consensus this forum has come to over the years is that the practitioner ultimately matters more than the technique. If this were not the case, then Ling Wu Chung would never have lost a fight after learning Dook Goo 9 Swords (but he did). Cheung 3 Fung was the inventor and ultimate practitioner of Tai Chi Sword Technique, and the only practitioner of Dook Goo Sword Techniques who has a better than 50% of defeating him would be Dook Goo Kau Bai himself.
    Agree with you on this, Ken. Take YBQ for instance, he got his butt whooped by his own student even though he had learned the resisting evil swordplay whereas the monk of Lin family dominated the martial art world