Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow Dress Lady Is Yang Guo & Guo Fu's Great Granddaughter?

Default Yellow Dress Lady Is Yang Guo & Guo Fu's Great Granddaughter?

倚天屠龙记里黄衫女子的真实身份是谁? (sohu.com)

Apparently Xiaolongnu died shortly after ROCH and Yelu Qi who was Guo Fu’s husband died a year later. Then Yang Guo met Guo Fu accidentally. They fell in love and decided to be together. When Huang Rong found out, she worried that Guo Xiang would be heart broken, so she had a talk with Yang Guo and Guo Xiang who tried to avoid seeing Guo Xiang.

Later, when the city of Xiang Yang fell into the Mongol’s hand, Guo Xiang found out about the relationship of her sister and Yang Guo, she was heart broken and decided to become a nun and later founded Emei.

Can anyone verify if this is true? If its true then the Guo and Yang in the end did become a couple...

Illogical brainfart we know that Guo Fu give Yang Guo a lot of trouble from cutting his arm and "separate" him with Xiao Longnu for 16 years so how could Yang Guo "fall in love" with Guo Fu🤦🏿*♂️🤦🏿*♂️🤦🏿*♂️🤦🏿*♂️

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Here is pretty pretty good argument for Cheng Ying being the ancestor; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oAo4JWmAY

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Here is pretty pretty good argument for Cheng Ying being the ancestor; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4oAo4JWmAY
    Thanks for sharing Mandred. The explanation makes more sense. It would have been great if JY had given more screen time to Yellow Dress Maiden in HSDS to complete the trilogy.

The circle seemed somewhat incomplete with ZWJ coming into the picture...he wasn't a Yang and neither was he a Guo....And he is a wishy washy dude who got lucky by encountering Nine Yang

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Thanks Mandred! The video inspired me to write something

Jin Yong's initial draft was that Xiao Longnu died under the valley but when his fans found out about it they were very unhappy which forced him to keep Xiao Longnu alive.

Yellow dress maiden is definitely Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu's descendant. There's a possibility that Cheng Ying took in a apprentice at a later stage of her life and her apprentice became Yang Guo's daughter in law.

But I don't recall Cheng Ying having any knowledge about the Nine Yin martial arts unless Huang Rong imparted it to her while she was at Xianyang at the end of ROCH. Huang Yaoshi never had the full copies of the manual, only Guo Jing and Huang Rong had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Jin Yong's initial draft was that Xiao Longnu died under the valley but when his fans found out about it they were very unhappy which forced him to keep Xiao Longnu alive.

Yellow dress maiden is definitely Yang Guo and Xiao Longnu's descendant. There's a possibility that Cheng Ying took in a apprentice at a later stage of her life and her apprentice became Yang Guo's daughter in law.

But I don't recall Cheng Ying having any knowledge about the Nine Yin martial arts unless Huang Rong imparted it to her while she was at Xianyang at the end of ROCH. Huang Yaoshi never had the full copies of the manual, only Guo Jing and Huang Rong had it.
    I think Huang Yaoshi have the manual since he is the one which make 9 Yin White Bone Claw more "orthodox" before melt it into Heaven Sword..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    I think Huang Yaoshi have the manual since he is the one which make 9 Yin White Bone Claw more "orthodox" before melt it into Heaven Sword..
    Yes he had the manual with the external skills but not the one with internal skills.

摧坚神爪 (Destructive Claw) was created by Huang Yaoshi? Really? I don't recall reading that in the novel...may need to check it out again

Yes he had the manual with the external skills but not the one with internal skills.

摧坚神爪 (Destructive Claw) was created by Huang Yaoshi? Really? I don't recall reading that in the novel...may need to check it out again
    I mean he "re-write" 9 Yin White Bone Claw and make it more "orthodox"..

You can check it in page 10 in the third edition thread..

9) Manuals: Yue Fei's art of war and Jiuyin Zhenjing, plus various Peach Blossom Isle and Hong Qigong's martial arts. There isn't a manual on 18 Dragon Subduing Palms anymore. The Jiuyin Bone claws and other skills used by Mei Chaofeng have been slightly altered by Huang Yaoshi, those are still evil skills but not as vile as used by Mei Chaofeng. Huang Yaoshi was saddened by the deaths of Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng, therefore he made some changes to this martial arts.

Only Guo Jing has the unabridged version on 9Yin. We know that one copy stayed with the Heaven Sword/Dragon Sabre and wouldn't be available until ZZR dug it out. We know that Emei arts have no traces of 9Yin so it's not Guo Xiang. None of GJ and HR's other descendants/pupils/successors are trustworthy enough for them to give the manual to. Plus, the fact that they didn't give it to Guo Xiang indicates that they, like Wang Chongyang, probably didn't want to be thought of as selfish keeper of the book.

So the most plausible theory is that they gave it to Yang Guo, in case no one would ever find out about the book that stays with the weapons. YG was the only trustworthy person of the next generation to keep the book. YG intended to live in seclusion forever so the book wouldn't be out in wulin again, causing havoc. They probably had a clause that said YG had to keep the book within his own family tree forever.

So I don't buy into any other theory. Occam's razor says it's most likely that Guo Xiang brought the book to YG after the fall of Xiangyang. GJ and HR made her do it to make sure that both GX and the book survived.

You can check it in page 10 in the third edition thread..

9) Manuals: Yue Fei's art of war and Jiuyin Zhenjing, plus various Peach Blossom Isle and Hong Qigong's martial arts. There isn't a manual on 18 Dragon Subduing Palms anymore. The Jiuyin Bone claws and other skills used by Mei Chaofeng have been slightly altered by Huang Yaoshi, those are still evil skills but not as vile as used by Mei Chaofeng. Huang Yaoshi was saddened by the deaths of Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng, therefore he made some changes to this martial arts.
    Thanks for the info.

Come to think of it, I have always felt that HSDS was kinda turn off as a trilogy. it didn't make sense to hide the map of Peach Blossom Island on two weapons and hope that some hero will find it and save the country. What if no one is ever able to get hold of the two weapons? What if some evil villain who did not have the map goes onto the island by chance and get hold of the items?

Worst of all, you have some kid from Wudang fifth hero who has no leadership qualities and is wishy washy ending up to be the hero instead of a Guo family. In Starwars, it has always been the Skywalker who saved the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Muhua View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Come to think of it, I have always felt that HSDS was kinda turn off as a trilogy. it didn't make sense to hide the map of Peach Blossom Island on two weapons and hope that some hero will find it and save the country. What if no one is ever able to get hold of the two weapons? What if some evil villain who did not have the map goes onto the island by chance and get hold of the items?

Worst of all, you have some kid from Wudang fifth hero who has no leadership qualities and is wishy washy ending up to be the hero instead of a Guo family. In Starwars, it has always been the Skywalker who saved the day.
    Yeah I also can not buy the idea behind Dragon Sabre/Heaven Sword how many peoples die or suffer because these two weapons Guo Jing/Huang Rong might be have good intentions but their "intentions" make wulin more worse instead..

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Only Guo Jing has the unabridged version on 9Yin. We know that one copy stayed with the Heaven Sword/Dragon Sabre and wouldn't be available until ZZR dug it out. We know that Emei arts have no traces of 9Yin so it's not Guo Xiang. None of GJ and HR's other descendants/pupils/successors are trustworthy enough for them to give the manual to. Plus, the fact that they didn't give it to Guo Xiang indicates that they, like Wang Chongyang, probably didn't want to be thought of as selfish keeper of the book.

So the most plausible theory is that they gave it to Yang Guo, in case no one would ever find out about the book that stays with the weapons. YG was the only trustworthy person of the next generation to keep the book. YG intended to live in seclusion forever so the book wouldn't be out in wulin again, causing havoc. They probably had a clause that said YG had to keep the book within his own family tree forever.

So I don't buy into any other theory. Occam's razor says it's most likely that Guo Xiang brought the book to YG after the fall of Xiangyang. GJ and HR made her do it to make sure that both GX and the book survived.
    This theory makes sense until the end: it's quite explicit that Gwok Seung never saw Yeung Gor again during her lifetime after they parted ways at the end of ROCH. Yeung Gor very likely did have a complete copy of the 9 Yum Jen Ging, but it was delivered to him through some means other than Gwok Seung. There must have been an exchange between Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor post-ROCH in which Yeung Gor acquired the 9 Yum Jen Ging while Gwok Jing acquired the Heavy Iron Sword (to later be reforged into Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre).

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Muhua View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Medieval people believed in destiny; it was an article of faith that the treasures would eventually find their way into the right hands at the right time. That doesn't mean there won't be some unforeseen and unfortunate twists in the interim, but ultimately, the items will end up where they were meant to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    This theory makes sense until the end: it's quite explicit that Gwok Seung never saw Yeung Gor again during her lifetime after they parted ways at the end of ROCH. Yeung Gor very likely did have a complete copy of the 9 Yum Jen Ging, but it was delivered to him through some means other than Gwok Seung. There must have been an exchange between Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor post-ROCH in which Yeung Gor acquired the 9 Yum Jen Ging while Gwok Jing acquired the Heavy Iron Sword (to later be reforged into Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre).
    Yeah this makes sense. I forgot about the HIS. So before the trade deadline (the fall of Xiangyang), the deal went like this:

GJ to YG:
    - 9Yin manual

YG to GJ:
    - HIS
    - Promise to keep an eye on the Beggar sect

At the beginning, it was seemingly a very good trade for YG (seriously, 9Yin for HIS? I'd do that trade 10 times out of 10). However, in the end, it was the throw-in clause that turned out to be a pain in the ***. Babysitting the Beggar sect wasn't fun as YG's descendants would later found out (but at least eventually Lady Yang did trade it to ZWJ cleanly. How smart of her!).

Obviously HR was the mastermind that orchestrated this deal and once again, as cunning as he was, YG was still outsmarted by HR.

The other possible theory is they gave it to Cheng Ying who was living with Huang Yaoshi on the Peach Blossom island and entrusted her to give it to Yang Guo. Upon receiving it Yang Guo gave her the HIS.

But the thing is if they had already decided to give him the 9 Yin manual why didn't they give him the war strategy manual too.

Something just doesn't add up...

Yeah this makes sense. I forgot about the HIS. So before the trade deadline (the fall of Xiangyang), the deal went like this:

GJ to YG:
    - 9Yin manual

YG to GJ:
    - HIS
    - Promise to keep an eye on the Beggar sect

At the beginning, it was seemingly a very good trade for YG (seriously, 9Yin for HIS? I'd do that trade 10 times out of 10). However, in the end, it was the throw-in clause that turned out to be a pain in the ***. Babysitting the Beggar sect wasn't fun as YG's descendants would later found out (but at least eventually Lady Yang did trade it to ZWJ cleanly. How smart of her!).

Obviously HR was the mastermind that orchestrated this deal and once again, as cunning as he was, YG was still outsmarted by HR.
    I don't think Yeung Gor minded having to watch over the Beggar's Union too much. For the most part, the Union could look after its own affairs, and he had many friends in the Union: Gwok Jing, Wong Yung, Hung 7 Gung, Lo Yau Gerk, Yeh Lut Chai. He was probably considered an honorary member (even elder) of the Union by the end of ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunfei View Post
    The other possible theory is they gave it to Cheng Ying who was living with Huang Yaoshi on the Peach Blossom island and entrusted her to give it to Yang Guo. Upon receiving it Yang Guo gave her the HIS.

But the thing is if they had already decided to give him the 9 Yin manual why didn't they give him the war strategy manual too.

Something just doesn't add up...
    Yeung Gor was a great martial artist, but he was not a military strategist or a general (though he came from a long, honorable lineage of them).

Yeung Gor was a great martial artist, but he was not a military strategist or a general (though he came from a long, honorable lineage of them).

Yang Guo resemblance me of Fritigern King of Visigoth during Hadrianapolis War he is not "conceptual tactical" strategist like the Romans or Persians but due his "unpredictable" tactics he could demolished Roman army with almost zero cost from his side..

Yang Guo resemblance me of Fritigern King of Visigoth during Hadrianapolis War he is not "conceptual tactical" strategist like the Romans or Persians but due his "unpredictable" tactics he could demolished Roman army with almost zero cost from his side..
    It was mentioned in the novel Gu Polu was supposedly trained in military strategy unfortunately he had no descendants acquire his knowledge