Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 90: Mo Dong 7 Heroes Formation vs. Shaolin Do Elders (HSDS)

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,292

    Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 90: Mo Dong 7 Heroes Formation vs. Shaolin Do Elders (HSDS)

    Yeah...I know. I'm throwing all kinds of combos at the Shaolin Do Generation Elders (HSDS) to see what else can break through them other than using two Greats.

    OK, well...the OTHER fantastic formation seen in HSDS was the Mo Dong 7 Heroes' Jen Mo Formation. We never saw this formation in its full glory because Yu Doi Nam was crippled, but even with six members, the formation was a force to reckon with.

    So...hypothetically: all seven Mo Dong Heroes are alive and in perfect health/condition, and all seven are fully trained and practiced in the Jen Mo Formation. They are trapped inside the Shaolin Do Generation Elders whip formation. Can the Jen Mo 7 Formation break through?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...I know. I'm throwing all kinds of combos at the Shaolin Do Generation Elders (HSDS) to see what else can break through them other than using two Greats.

    OK, well...the OTHER fantastic formation seen in HSDS was the Mo Dong 7 Heroes' Jen Mo Formation. We never saw this formation in its full glory because Yu Doi Nam was crippled, but even with six members, the formation was a force to reckon with.

    So...hypothetically: all seven Mo Dong Heroes are alive and in perfect health/condition, and all seven are fully trained and practiced in the Jen Mo Formation. They are trapped inside the Shaolin Do Generation Elders whip formation. Can the Jen Mo 7 Formation break through?
    Well logically how powerful your formation it can't be more powerful than yourself so since Wudang Formation create by Zhang Sanfeng which around Greats level logically only as good as Zhang Sanfeng himself and since Wuji couldn't break Shaolin Diamond Rings Formation I think Wudang and Shaolin formation about on par in "power" but Shaolin edge Wudang in long attack/long weapon attack which even Wuji hardly withstand against..

  3. #3
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well logically how powerful your formation it can't be more powerful than yourself so since Wudang Formation create by Zhang Sanfeng which around Greats level logically only as good as Zhang Sanfeng himself and since Wuji couldn't break Shaolin Diamond Rings Formation I think Wudang and Shaolin formation about on par in "power" but Shaolin edge Wudang in long attack/long weapon attack which even Wuji hardly withstand against..
    The way that Jen Mo 7 Formation worked was quite unique: with each additional fighter in formation, the power of the formation increased exponentially. While my mathematical skills are too poor to break it down into figures, I remember some discussion that the full formation with all seven Mo Dong Heroes would be the equivalent of 64 top-level fighters fighting in conjunction. That sounds quite formidable.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The way that Jen Mo 7 Formation worked was quite unique: with each additional fighter in formation, the power of the formation increased exponentially. While my mathematical skills are too poor to break it down into figures, I remember some discussion that the full formation with all seven Mo Dong Heroes would be the equivalent of 64 top-level fighters fighting in conjunction. That sounds quite formidable.
    So you mean Zhang Sanfeng create the type of formation that even could "kill" him well I doubt he would did it..

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    So you mean Zhang Sanfeng create the type of formation that even could "kill" him well I doubt he would did it..
    since he create this formation, i'm pretty sure he is well aware of the weaknesses.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    So you mean Zhang Sanfeng create the type of formation that even could "kill" him well I doubt he would did it..
    Its possible. Wang Chongyang created the Big Dipper formation which could equal a LOCH Great, who were stronger than he was at the 1st Mount Hua tournament.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Yeah...I know. I'm throwing all kinds of combos at the Shaolin Do Generation Elders (HSDS) to see what else can break through them other than using two Greats.

    OK, well...the OTHER fantastic formation seen in HSDS was the Mo Dong 7 Heroes' Jen Mo Formation. We never saw this formation in its full glory because Yu Doi Nam was crippled, but even with six members, the formation was a force to reckon with.

    So...hypothetically: all seven Mo Dong Heroes are alive and in perfect health/condition, and all seven are fully trained and practiced in the Jen Mo Formation. They are trapped inside the Shaolin Do Generation Elders whip formation. Can the Jen Mo 7 Formation break through?
    Yeah I can see the Jen Mo 7 Formation totally dismantling Shaolin Elders whip formation just based on numbers alone. The Elders got in trouble when ZZR and Wuji started double teaming them. They seem to be good at triple teaming others but once they get double teamed the pressure is on. I think Wuji once considered asking help from Zhang Sanfeng to fight them. I think Zhang Sanfeng would have recommended this formation. But the three shao elders would probably complain about fighting too many people.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Its possible. Wang Chongyang created the Big Dipper formation which could equal a LOCH Great, who were stronger than he was at the 1st Mount Hua tournament.
    Only equal with Greats right but not "overpowered" himself/the creator since by JY intention Wang Chongyang > Greats all the time..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metsrus View Post
    Yeah I can see the Jen Mo 7 Formation totally dismantling Shaolin Elders whip formation just based on numbers alone. The Elders got in trouble when ZZR and Wuji started double teaming them. They seem to be good at triple teaming others but once they get double teamed the pressure is on. I think Wuji once considered asking help from Zhang Sanfeng to fight them. I think Zhang Sanfeng would have recommended this formation. But the three shao elders would probably complain about fighting too many people.
    The Du Monks could "stalemate" Wuji during 2nd duel though at that time Wuji have Yang Xiao and Eagle King which each of them considered much stronger than Zhou Zhiruo in terms pure martial arts and skills..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metsrus View Post
    since he create this formation, i'm pretty sure he is well aware of the weaknesses.
    Yeah I think you're right as long you can figure out the "weakness" you'll win just like Xiao Longnu's Jade Maiden Sword which hard to handle due complexity of techniques which allied with supersonic speed but if you smart enough you can outclassed her with "raw power"..

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    33

    Default

    It is difficult to imagine 7 wudang heroes could beat 3Du's monks.
    I just remember that 7 dipper formation is lost because of the weakest person in the formation fallen.
    There is an opportunity to draw but once the weak link is exposed, they will lost, or maybe the worst one will die like 7 dipper formation.

    Even 3-4 wudang heroes is nothing against Wu Ji (when they fight for the 7th Wudang heros died)

  12. #12
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St3v3 View Post
    It is difficult to imagine 7 wudang heroes could beat 3Du's monks.
    I just remember that 7 dipper formation is lost because of the weakest person in the formation fallen.
    There is an opportunity to draw but once the weak link is exposed, they will lost, or maybe the worst one will die like 7 dipper formation.

    Even 3-4 wudang heroes is nothing against Wu Ji (when they fight for the 7th Wudang heros died)
    The thing about the Jen Mo 7 Formation is that its power grows exponentially with each additional member.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The thing about the Jen Mo 7 Formation is that its power grows exponentially with each additional member.
    But too bad we never see The Zhenwu Formation in the "ultimate form" like Quanzhen Big Dipper or Shaolin Evil Subduing Rings..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-27-22, 11:17 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-22, 09:48 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-22, 02:00 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-22, 10:45 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-21, 06:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •