Thread: Why Didn't Ming Cult Assist Guo Jing To Defend XY?

Default Why Didn't Ming Cult Assist Guo Jing To Defend XY?

We all know Ming Cult long long time ago, the Nine Yin was created thanks to Ming Cult. I am just curious how come the cult followers did not join Guo Jing to fight the Mongols earlier on before the fall of Xiangyang but only decide to fight the Mongols once they have conquered the country? Were they afraid that all the credit would go to Guo Jing if they succeeded to prevent the Mongols from invading the country?

Didn't Huang Shang wiped out the Ming Cult long time ago? Those who survived the mass killing probably did not want to help anyone who has learned the Nine Yin which caused the downfall of the cult.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

The Ming Cult was also persecuted by the Song Dynasty, giving them even less motivation to help defend it.

There wasn't much of a Ming Cult presence in the Central Plains during the L/ROCH era. Most of the members were at Gwong Ming Peak in Central Asia.

Yang Dingtian their leader who was possibly related to Yang Guo or Yellow Dress Maiden was the only person that led the Ming Cult started to rebel against the Mongols.

Anyone knows if Yang Dingtian was in anyway related to Yang Guo? If he was, it would make sense why he wanted to overthrow the Mongols and save the citizens.

Nice theory but no. YDT's martial arts have no traces back to YG.

Now, another Yang, Yang Xiao, might just be. YX is smart, handsome, has his ways with the ladies (or maybe just lady) and most interesting of all, he knows Divine Finger Flick, an art that YG did learn from HYS. There's the connection!

(Still a HUGE stretch though)

Quote Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
    Nice theory but no. YDT's martial arts have no traces back to YG.

Now, another Yang, Yang Xiao, might just be. YX is smart, handsome, has his ways with the ladies (or maybe just lady) and most interesting of all, he knows Divine Finger Flick, an art that YG did learn from HYS. There's the connection!

(Still a HUGE stretch though)
    Aren't Yeung Ding Teen or Yeung Siu's surname different from Yeung Gor's? I remember reading that it isn't the same "Yeung."

Quote Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
    Yang Dingtian their leader who was possibly related to Yang Guo or Yellow Dress Maiden was the only person that led the Ming Cult started to rebel against the Mongols.

Anyone knows if Yang Dingtian was in anyway related to Yang Guo? If he was, it would make sense why he wanted to overthrow the Mongols and save the citizens.
    Didn't the Chinese Ming Cult break with the Persian Ming Cult because the 4th Chinese Ming Cult leader (YDT predecessor) object to the Persian accepting Mongol overlord-ship, which also sparked the Chinese Ming Cult rebellion to the Mongol?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    Didn't the Chinese Ming Cult break with the Persian Ming Cult because the 4th Chinese Ming Cult leader (YDT predecessor) object to the Persian accepting Mongol overlord-ship, which also sparked the Chinese Ming Cult rebellion to the Mongol?
    Couldn't have been the 4th Leader (32nd if immediately before Yeung Ding Teen). The Chinese Ming Cult was established during the Tang Dynasty, a good 600+ years before the time of HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Couldn't have been the 4th Leader (32nd if immediately before Yeung Ding Teen). The Chinese Ming Cult was established during the Tang Dynasty, a good 600+ years before the time of HSDS.
    My bad about the generation thing, but was it YDT predecessor who started the whole anti-Mongol movement?

My bad about the generation thing, but was it YDT predecessor who started the whole anti-Mongol movement?
    That, I do not know. I don't think it was ever specified how the Chinese Ming Cult came into conflict with the Yuan Dynasty.

Aren't Yeung Ding Teen or Yeung Siu's surname different from Yeung Gor's? I remember reading that it isn't the same "Yeung."
    You are right about Yang Dingtian and Yang Xiao's surname different characters. But it seems Yang Xiao and Yang Guo surname share a similar character.

As Edenresident said, possible that YX and YG is related. Yellow dress lady's brother or uncle, you never know. Some said Lady Yang was in her prime but looked younger than her age.

If i recall they broke during YDT's era, he was the one insisting not to submit to the Mongols. And it was also during that era the Persians lost the QKDNY manual.

In ch20, this was written in his will.

“To my wife: After you have entered the Yang family, we have often been separated, as I have neglected you, I’m truly sorry, I hope you understand. But the thirty-second leader Yi left me in his will: when I have fully learnt Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, I will lead our troops to Persia to retrieve our Holy Fire Commandment. Although our sect originates from Persia, we are now deeply rooted here in China, and have been independent for over a hundred years. Today the Mongolians rule over our land, so we must fight them to the end, and disobey our orders from the Persian Ming sect. Once the Holy Fire Commandment enters our hand, we shall finally be able to break away from the Main sect.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stance View Post
    In ch20, this was written in his will.

“To my wife: After you have entered the Yang family, we have often been separated, as I have neglected you, I’m truly sorry, I hope you understand. But the thirty-second leader Yi left me in his will: when I have fully learnt Qian Kun Da Nuo Yi, I will lead our troops to Persia to retrieve our Holy Fire Commandment. Although our sect originates from Persia, we are now deeply rooted here in China, and have been independent for over a hundred years. Today the Mongolians rule over our land, so we must fight them to the end, and disobey our orders from the Persian Ming sect. Once the Holy Fire Commandment enters our hand, we shall finally be able to break away from the Main sect.”
    I'm guessing independence from the Mongol hegemony was a fairly universal goal throughout Eurasia during the 14th Century. After all, at one point, the Mongols controlled everything from the Korean peninsula to Hungary, and not everybody was happy to have them as overlords.

I'm guessing independence from the Mongol hegemony was a fairly universal goal throughout Eurasia during the 14th Century. After all, at one point, the Mongols controlled everything from the Korean peninsula to Hungary, and not everybody was happy to have them as overlords.
    The Mongols back then were cruel and inhuman. The moment they conquered a city they started mass killing and raping women. Makes me wonder if GF was raped after Xianyang fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorclaw View Post
    The Mongols back then were cruel and inhuman. The moment they conquered a city they started mass killing and raping women. Makes me wonder if GF was raped after Xianyang fell.
    Some benefited from the Mongol conquest, and others didn't. While the brutality of the conquests are quite notorious, the Mongols also brought stability to Eurasia for the better part of a century and enabled the restoration of trade between Europe and East Asia for the first time since the heyday of the Roman Empire and the Han Dynasty. It also represented the first time that several major world faiths (the three Abrahamic religions, Manichaeism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism) encountered each other and exchanged ideas.

I guess it was after the Mongols ruled the country that Ming cult realised their notorious behaviour that they decided to rebel