Thread: Looking for this old Wuxia show with wizardry and martial arts?

Default Looking for this old Wuxia show with wizardry and martial arts?

When I was a kid, I remember watching this old Wuxia series. The show was of the more supernatural stuff, where there were spells, wizardry, illusions, etc., along with martial arts. It was set in the very early times, NOT in Manchu/Qing/Soldier times. The whole thing was very similar to The Zu Mountain Saga.

I don't remember who the main lead characters were at all, which makes this difficult to find.

The only things I do remember was:

1) There being a villain who was a guy who wore white clothes, with long blue hair. He was like a supernatural being who was good at martial arts and defeated a lot of people in the show. On the occasions where he was knocked down or defeated, he would "resurrect" by getting up off the ground in a "zombie" way (his top half rising up without the use of his hands) and continue the fights. I think remember the actor who played this guy, shown the in the link below.

2) Later on the show, a woman who is also of the same supernatural being as the guy above appeared, she wore the same white clothing with long pink hair, and was called "Sim Deen" (which means Lightening in Cantonese). She was more powerful than the guy and was able to defeat the people that the blue hair guy couldn't beat.

3) This may be wrong, but I think I remember the protagonists of the show went to get help from an "expert", this expert was an old'ish guy with a white beard who wore brown clothing and wielded a Sabre with the multiple rings on the blade that made the rattling sounds. I believe he took on both the Blue Hair Guy and Pink Hair Lady together in a forest at night time, he could manage to get hits on the blue hair guy but he couldn't manage against the pink hair lady.

The blue hair guy villain was played by either of these two actors, I cannot remember which one of the two. See link here: https://i.ibb.co/6F1YPMD/Wuxia1.jpg

Any help will be most appreciated, thanks in advance.

That's TVB's 鐵血大旗門, or Sect of Blood and Iron.

The main protagonists were Shek Sau and Gadi Mak. Blue-haired guy was "Fung Sor", meaning "Wind" (played by Ho Lai Nam, the guy on the right in the pic you posted). He, together with Sim Deen, Yeen Yu (Rain) and Lui Been (Thunder) were collectively referred to as Wind, Thunder, Rain, Lightning, although they didn't seem to like each other. Only Wind and Lightning were villains, and they worked together to kill Rain. Wind then backstabs Lightning, and goes to kill Thunder before being killed by Thunder's disciple Wan Chang played by Lau Ching Wan.

This film was known for its absolutely ridiculous ending with the spaceship.... but on the bright side it had, like most 80s TVB wuxia, a killer themesong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlqVPPuEKU
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 04-06-23 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    That's TVB's 鐵血大旗門, or Sect of Blood and Iron.

The main protagonists were Shek Sau and Gadi Mak. Blue-haired guy was "Fung Sor", meaning "Wind" (played by Ho Lai Nam, the guy on the right in the pic you posted). He, together with Sim Deen, Yeen Yu (Rain) and Lui Been (Thunder) were collectively referred to as Wind, Thunder, Rain, Lightning, although they didn't seem to like each other. Only Wind and Lightning were villains, and they worked together to kill Rain. Wind then backstabs Lightning, and goes to kill Thunder before being killed by Thunder's disciple Wan Chang played by Lau Ching Wan.

This film was known for its absolutely ridiculous ending with the spaceship.... but on the bright side it had, like most 80s TVB wuxia, a killer themesong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlqVPPuEKU
    Just noticed your reply. Thank you very much for this Ian. I thought I would NEVER find out what series that was.

The funny thing is, I don't remember the main and supporting characters at all and have no clue of the story. I only remember the guy in blue wig and Sim Deen being good fighters. Now that I have found out what the series is, and looking at videos of it on Bili Bili, it has so many iconic Hong Kong actors and actresses, even the familiar "lesser" actors and actresses.

So far I cannot find this series online, so this will definitely be a series to look out for and watch.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

Quote Originally Posted by FalconPunch190 View Post
    Just noticed your reply. Thank you very much for this Ian. I thought I would NEVER find out what series that was.

The funny thing is, I don't remember the main and supporting characters at all and have no clue of the story. I only remember the guy in blue wig and Sim Deen being good fighters. Now that I have found out what the series is, and looking at videos of it on Bili Bili, it has so many iconic Hong Kong actors and actresses, even the familiar "lesser" actors and actresses.

So far I cannot find this series online, so this will definitely be a series to look out for and watch.
    There are a few clips here and there. SPCNet's Facebook page has a few too.

https://www.facebook.com/CeneraFX/vi...79441419485194

Fung Sor was really scary.