Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 107: 15YO Mo Yung Bok (DGSD) vs. End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing

Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 107: 15YO Mo Yung Bok (DGSD) vs. End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing

Today's matchup pits the talented, youthful 15-year-old Mo Yung Bok (DGSD), who was able to convincingly defeat such experts as the Yellow Eyebrowed Monk and other powerful fighters in spite of his youth, against the 20-year-old End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing who fought a combined 600 strokes against two Greats?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Today's matchup pits the talented, youthful 15-year-old Mo Yung Bok (DGSD), who was able to convincingly defeat such experts as the Yellow Eyebrowed Monk and other powerful fighters in spite of his youth, against the 20-year-old End-of-LOCH Gwok Jing who fought a combined 600 strokes against two Greats?
    Guo Jing win by long shot at that time he is almost as good as 30 years Xiao Yuanshan while Murong Bo at age 16 i don't think he could "compete" with Guo Jing 9 Yin one of the greatest manual in JY world no matter how talented he is..

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

GJ all the way. MYB's victory against YBM was due to surprising him by using his own skill (ie. sucking punching him). None of GJ's skills are known to MYB and GJ had a lot more experience fighting LOCH Great Level fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post
    GJ all the way. MYB's victory against YBM was due to surprising him by using his own skill (ie. sucking punching him). None of GJ's skills are known to MYB and GJ had a lot more experience fighting LOCH Great Level fighters.
    Yeeep End-LOCH Guo Jing is not pushover at all and I think he is arguably the greatest fighter among his peers which only Greats or higher could bettering him..

I'm curious what qualifies as "mid-tier" because end of LOCH GJ is just below great tier.

He should come out ahead. MRB largely beat featless people who are only known by reputation, which is never reliable in JY's works. The Yellow-Browed Monk was described as a topflight master, but so are a lot of figures who end up being relatively unimpressive. I don't believe it's ever insinuated he was near the pinnacle of Wulin, like the Great level figures are.

Also, we can't really forget that there's a big developmental difference between a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old. If the techniques are even remotely level, I give the advantage to the older kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    I'm curious what qualifies as "mid-tier" because end of LOCH GJ is just below great tier.

He should come out ahead. MRB largely beat featless people who are only known by reputation, which is never reliable in JY's works. The Yellow-Browed Monk was described as a topflight master, but so are a lot of figures who end up being relatively unimpressive. I don't believe it's ever insinuated he was near the pinnacle of Wulin, like the Great level figures are.

Also, we can't really forget that there's a big developmental difference between a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old. If the techniques are even remotely level, I give the advantage to the older kid.
    Any fighter who cannot reliably, singlehandedly defeat an LOCH Great (or higher) level fighter would qualify for "Mid-Tier" status.

Any fighter who cannot reliably, singlehandedly defeat an LOCH Great (or higher) level fighter would qualify for "Mid-Tier" status.
    But people like End-LOCH Guo Jing End-SPW Linghu Chong Xuanci Xiao Longnu or Zuo Lengchan hardly considered as just "mid-tier" fighters since they a much better than Mei Chaofeng/Qiu Chuji level fighters which they themselves much better than Lu Youjiao/Ken Zhe E level..

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post

Yeah mid-tier fighters should be range around Huodu level fighters to Yang Xiao level fighters..

If you go by this definition, the LOCH greats themselves are 'mid-tier', since they cannot reliably defeat their peers single-handedly either (but can reliably fight them to a draw)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Kwok View Post
    If you go by this definition, the LOCH greats themselves are 'mid-tier', since they cannot reliably defeat their peers single-handedly either (but can reliably fight them to a draw)
    Well i don't think people like Pre-16 years Jinlun Fawang/Qiu Qianren could beat Post-L/R Hand Skill Xiao Longnu which mean both Jinlun and Qiu should be considered as "mid-tier" too..