Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mid-Tier Matchups # 110: Gong Nam 7 Freaks (LOCH) vs. Mo 3 Tung (mid-ROCH)

  1. #1
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,279

    Default Mid-Tier Matchups # 110: Gong Nam 7 Freaks (LOCH) vs. Mo 3 Tung (mid-ROCH)

    Today, we have all seven of the Gong Nam Freaks from LOCH against Mo 3 Tung from the middle of ROCH (e.g. the point when he reunites with his sons).

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Well 7 Freaks strong enough to stalemate Qiu Chuji even before they meet Guo Jing and 18 years later they easily beat Ouyang Ke so logically they are too much for Wu Santong to handle since i don't think he is better than Qiu Chuji or Ouyang Ke..

  3. #3
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Well 7 Freaks strong enough to stalemate Qiu Chuji even before they meet Guo Jing and 18 years later they easily beat Ouyang Ke so logically they are too much for Wu Santong to handle since i don't think he is better than Qiu Chuji or Ouyang Ke..
    He did have 1 Yeung Finger Technique by this point, however. Granted, his was not as strong as his senior brother Chu Tze Lau's, but it was nevertheless an elite skill.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    He did have 1 Yeung Finger Technique by this point, however. Granted, his was not as strong as his senior brother Chu Tze Lau's, but it was nevertheless an elite skill.
    Well before go to Peach Blossom Isle Guo Jing fully mastered 18 Dragon Palm yet he is not Ouyang Ke match at that time also Yang Guo learn Jade Maiden Swordplay + 9 Yin + Dog Beating Skill + Jade Flute Swordplay + Divine Finger Snap + Hama Gong but he couldn't beat any of Li Mochou or Gongsun Zhi..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Also if i'am not wrong Wu Santong even cannot beat teen-Ouyang Ke which mean even after "powered up" in ROCH he would be only around Ouyang Ke level..

  6. #6
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Also if i'am not wrong Wu Santong even cannot beat teen-Ouyang Ke which mean even after "powered up" in ROCH he would be only around Ouyang Ke level..
    I don't think they ever met, did they? Mo 3 Tung didn't show up in LOCH until after Au Yeung Hak had died.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't think they ever met, did they? Mo 3 Tung didn't show up in LOCH until after Au Yeung Hak had died.
    The scholar’s face turned dark; he was reminiscing over past events. After a while he opened his mouth and continued, “Somehow the news that Shifu was training the ‘xian tian gong’ leaked out. One day, my martial brother,” he pointed toward the farmer, “received an order to go gather some medicinal herbs. He went to the ‘ta xue shan’ [Big Snow Mountain] at the western border of Yunnan; where somebody injured him using the Toad Stance.”

    “It must be the Old Poison,” Huang Rong said.

    “Who else but him?” the farmer angrily said, “First a young man unreasonably picked a fight with me; he said this Big Snow Mountain belonged to his family. He wouldn’t let anybody trespass and gather herbs without authorization. The Big Snow Mountain spans thousands of ‘li’s; how could it belong to his family? Without a doubt this person was intentionally provoking me. I remembered Shifu’s teaching to endure patiently; I was yielding to him over and over. Who would have thought that this young man got an inch and wanted a foot! He said he wanted me to kowtow to him 300 times before he let me go down the mountain. Finally I couldn’t hold myself much longer and we fought. This young man’s martial art was not bad, we fought for half a day without anybody gaining an upper hand. Unexpectedly the Old Poison suddenly appeared from a valley and without saying anything struck out a palm and severely injured me. That young man then carried me on has back and brought me over to ‘tian long si’ [sky/heaven dragon temple] where Shifu stayed.”

    “Somebody had already avenged you,” Huang Rong said, “This young master Ouyang was killed.”

    The farmer was angry, “Ah, he’s dead. Who killed him?”

    “Hey, somebody avenged you; why are you angry?” Huang Rong asked.

    “I want to seek revenge myself, I want to kill him with my own hand,” the farmer replied.

    Huang Rong sighed, “Too bad you can’t do that anymore.”

    “Who killed him?” the farmer asked.

    “It was another bad person,” Huang Rong replied, “His martial art was below young master Ouyang; but he used craftiness to kill him.”

  8. #8
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    The scholar’s face turned dark; he was reminiscing over past events. After a while he opened his mouth and continued, “Somehow the news that Shifu was training the ‘xian tian gong’ leaked out. One day, my martial brother,” he pointed toward the farmer, “received an order to go gather some medicinal herbs. He went to the ‘ta xue shan’ [Big Snow Mountain] at the western border of Yunnan; where somebody injured him using the Toad Stance.”

    “It must be the Old Poison,” Huang Rong said.

    “Who else but him?” the farmer angrily said, “First a young man unreasonably picked a fight with me; he said this Big Snow Mountain belonged to his family. He wouldn’t let anybody trespass and gather herbs without authorization. The Big Snow Mountain spans thousands of ‘li’s; how could it belong to his family? Without a doubt this person was intentionally provoking me. I remembered Shifu’s teaching to endure patiently; I was yielding to him over and over. Who would have thought that this young man got an inch and wanted a foot! He said he wanted me to kowtow to him 300 times before he let me go down the mountain. Finally I couldn’t hold myself much longer and we fought. This young man’s martial art was not bad, we fought for half a day without anybody gaining an upper hand. Unexpectedly the Old Poison suddenly appeared from a valley and without saying anything struck out a palm and severely injured me. That young man then carried me on has back and brought me over to ‘tian long si’ [sky/heaven dragon temple] where Shifu stayed.”

    “Somebody had already avenged you,” Huang Rong said, “This young master Ouyang was killed.”

    The farmer was angry, “Ah, he’s dead. Who killed him?”

    “Hey, somebody avenged you; why are you angry?” Huang Rong asked.

    “I want to seek revenge myself, I want to kill him with my own hand,” the farmer replied.

    Huang Rong sighed, “Too bad you can’t do that anymore.”

    “Who killed him?” the farmer asked.

    “It was another bad person,” Huang Rong replied, “His martial art was below young master Ouyang; but he used craftiness to kill him.”
    I see. I had no idea they had ever met because Mo 3 Tung's first appearance postdated Au Yeung Hak's death. Who knew they had this "off-camera" encounter in the past? It must have been some years before Gwok Jing left Mongolia for the Central Plains because Au Yeung Hak was in his mid- to late-twenties at the time that he died, and you say this encounter with Mo 3 Tung occurred when Au Yeung Hak was a teenager.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I see. I had no idea they had ever met because Mo 3 Tung's first appearance postdated Au Yeung Hak's death. Who knew they had this "off-camera" encounter in the past? It must have been some years before Gwok Jing left Mongolia for the Central Plains because Au Yeung Hak was in his mid- to late-twenties at the time that he died, and you say this encounter with Mo 3 Tung occurred when Au Yeung Hak was a teenager.
    Yeah i mean Ouyang Ke seem like "newbie" when he first meet Wu Santong yet Wu Santong cannot defeat him so i think "prime" Wu Santong (ROCH) should be around Ouyang Ke level (LOCH) which seem reasonable since Zhu Zhiliu the strongest among Yideng disciples considered as good as Li Mochou/Mei Chaofeng which mean The 7 Freaks which could fight Mei Chaofeng for a draw more than enough to beat Wu Santong..

  10. #10
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    24,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    Yeah i mean Ouyang Ke seem like "newbie" when he first meet Wu Santong yet Wu Santong cannot defeat him so i think "prime" Wu Santong (ROCH) should be around Ouyang Ke level (LOCH) which seem reasonable since Zhu Zhiliu the strongest among Yideng disciples considered as good as Li Mochou/Mei Chaofeng which mean The 7 Freaks which could fight Mei Chaofeng for a draw more than enough to beat Wu Santong..
    I thought Mo 3 Tung used 1 Yeung Finger to injure Lee Mok Sau when they encountered each other in the forest near Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave. It was a bit circumstantial because Lee was distracted by baby Gwok Seung.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I thought Mo 3 Tung used 1 Yeung Finger to injure Lee Mok Sau when they encountered each other in the forest near Dook Goo Kau Bai's cave. It was a bit circumstantial because Lee was distracted by baby Gwok Seung.
    Well if Zhu Zhiliu the strongest among Yideng original disciples cannot "harm" Li Mochou so logically Wu Santong which perhaps the weakest among them also can't..

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Zhu Zhiliu < Qiu Chuji

    Years ago, Zhu Ziliu had been a lawyer and a governor in Dali; he was an educated and intelligent man. The martial arts of the school of the Mu Li Duan’s rely on one’s understanding. When Zhu Ziliu first entered the tutelage of the Southern Emperor, his kung fu was the worst out of the four disciples ‘Fisherman, Woodsman, Farmer, Scholar’; ten years later he moved up to second place, now his martial arts were much higher than his three older apprentice brothers. Reverend Yideng treated his four disciples equally, he taught them all the same kung fu; in the end it was Zhu Ziliu who had understood the most, especially the “Solitary Yang Finger”, he had refined it to a superb state. Right now his kung fu could not compare with Guo Jing, Ma Yu and Qiu Chu Ji but he was better than Wang Chuyi, Hao Datong and the others.


    Zhu Zhiliu ~ Li Mochou

    Before anybody could react, another shadow darted inside whose body was covered with blood and whose hair was in disarray. It was Zhu Ziliu! He pounced on Li Mochou with his bare hands, left finger and right palm; and even though she was armed, she ran around trying to elude his attack. It was because he attacked as a mad man, without any regard to his own safety. They were both martial arts experts, and in a flash they had already run around the hall six or seven times.

    Yang Guo was confused, “Li Mochou is not inferior to Zhu Ziliu; how could she be afraid like that? What about the Divine Indian Monk?” Those two actually possessed almost the same level of martial skills, but in term of lightness kungfu, Li Mochou was a step superior. Therefore, Zhu Ziliu was not able to catch up, plus he was bleeding profusely.


    So logically The 7 Freaks which could fought Qiu Chuji for a draw > Wu Santong..

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-22, 01:01 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-22, 06:13 AM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-20-22, 06:55 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-21, 02:09 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-21, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •