Thread: Chinese New Year 2023 (Is China going to air anything good, NEW trailers, and What...

Lightbulb Chinese New Year 2023 (Is China going to air anything good, NEW trailers, and What...

and 'What are you watching and LOVE it' I just couldn't fit this in the title.

So 3 topics here

1) Is China going to premiere anything really good for the holiday? I know that Donnie Yen's movie version of Tian Long Ba Bu is out for New Years. What about TV series, any Wuxia, specially?

2) Are there any trailers for later 2023 TV series or shows? any Wuxia, specially?

3) What are you watching and love it? Doesn't have to be Wuxia. But can you please mention what genre it is, and why are you loving it? Is it good acting, or good action, or plot?

For example, really loved Li Qin in every Wuxia or historic series she does. She is a great actress and very beautiful!

Not release yet but in works is jin yong universe series. Remake legend of condor heroes, then they are making the side stories of Mei choufong etc in mini series.

Who knows what is even good these days. I was hoping that we be getting BIG show and movies during Chinese New Year (akin to America's Super Bowl) but we got nothing.

Disappointing, and the crowds at Soompi are just into different things (Girls into hot boy actors in romance series mainly)
    And, we want legit good Drama (good acting), or Wuxia, Kung Fu stuff, unlike them!

SIGH.

Didn't that Donnie yen Demi God Semi Devil movie get released? Sakra I believe it's called? Suppose to have very good fight scenes but of course story is probably hecka butchered like the heaven sword dragon Sabre movie with Raymond Lam.

Honestly companies r just lazy to make good wuxia bc it's just easier now a days to do cgi no matter how bad it is vs good editing choreography etc.

Everything now a days is eye candy cdrama trying to compete against kdramas.

Do you know how to watch it from America?

Is it released on any YouTube channels to watch with paid subscription?

I don't mind pretty girls... Li Qin is very pretty, but I don't watch TV series only because the leads are pretty.

A lot of those Soompi people do though, the plot and acting is bad they still watch it only pretty leads has to get met.

To me, Li Qin is not just a pretty face. She is legitimately very talented actress IMO. Her acting skills surpass many people in many series that is mainly eye candy nature.

Have you guys watched the new wuxia series 'The Blood of Youth', I think it's quite popular I see many posts praising the series and the casts every time I visit the cdrama reddit sub. I'm in a busy period now to watch any long running series, maybe few short movies will do.

Heard from the internet that Donnie Yen's 'Sakra' is good as an action movie but not good as a Jin Yong movie with a story LOL. How do we conclude this...

Nah, I don't like the guy in red and black clothing. He is annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu
    Disappointing, and the crowds at Soompi are just into different things (Girls into hot boy actors in romance series mainly)
    They will move onto male & male type romance soon for these "wuxias". The fangirls are pretty much the same ilk as the Yaoi/BL crowd or they share the same preferences in medium. In depictions of heterosexual relationships there's always been an unrest with these female audiences whereby they hate the female love interests of the hot guys in the dramas, because the actresses are pretty so they cannot relate to and get jealous of them. And also because they are straight, they don't want to look at women in romantic settings.

Regarding Manga and Anime, the Yaoi/BL female audiences (i.e. the "fujoshi") are well known for hating the female characters in romantic settings of heterosexual relationships because it "ruins" the scene; hence whey they become/are Yaoi/BL fans.

Once male & male romance/relationships goes mainstream in "wuxia", that will be the final nail in the coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu
    And, we want legit good Drama (good acting), or Wuxia, Kung Fu stuff, unlike them!

ROCH2022 might just be tolerable.
    Last edited by FalconPunch190; 01-30-23 at 11:21 AM.
    "If you have ever ogled at a handsome man in entertainment medium, you have forfeited your right to complain about women being sexualized and objectified in entertainment medium."

Thanks for the link, I want to know about it. And if you are looking for a best essay writing help for you and you don't have any good writing experience, I will recommend this website https://envirocitizen.org/ which I found on Google this website will help you with your writing assignments and you will be able to complete your essay assignments easily.
    Last edited by ElizabethSprenger; 03-27-23 at 03:29 AM.

So, what is there to watch right now huh?

Been watching alot of donghua. Soul Land, Throne of Seal, Land of Miracles, Big Brother, Perfect World, Swallowed Star, Apotheosis, episodes come out weekly on YouTube or various streaming sites etc.

Cdrama Royal Rumours about to end light rom com starring Jeremy Tsui n MengZiYi main lead is lazy crown prince on outside female leads fake weak daughter of General family. reminds me of older tvb drama where it's just comedy each character etc is just silly not too over top then last couple ep of where plot is reveal etc.

Til End Of The Moon with Leo N BaiLu suppose you air next week. Suppose be Youkou biggest budget xian xia drama.

Starry Love xian xia drama ended couple weeks ago pretty good fantasy rom com.
    2 twins girls were switched during wedding kind elegant sister married into demon world while mischievous hated sister married crown prince in heaven.

Journey of ChongZi prequel to Song of The Moon. Stars Jeremy tsui n YangChaoYue almost exact story as Journey of Flower but all main leads fall for female leads but story just didn't work. Actors were good ost good script directing was just bad. It ended but if u have nothing to watch it's worth shot just fast foward just to c ur favorite actors on screen or listen to ost when it comes on lol.

Romance of Twin Flower is also airing on wet stars PengXiaoRan and DingYuXi also light romcom main girl has amnesia but likes making cosmetics married to main lead but before amnesia she qas supposedly very evil etc while main lead is number 1 handsome man n swordsmen right hand man to king but shows no love to his wife but after amnesia starts falling for her etc.

There's really no hope for wuxia nowadays. Everything is just same matrix slow mo. It was cool back in early 2000 or used once a while but there's no more cool choreography n editing explosions etc.i just reach old 80s n 90s shows over n over.

Alot of tvb ones r getting that 4k conversion so it looks very clean not as outdated.