Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yang Guo's Melancholy Palms the most powerful martial arts innovation in the trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    The Golden Wheel Monk is as strong or stronger than the Greats in terms of raw power, BUT, he will ultimately lose to them because he's a weakminded coward with poor grasp of technique and is easily rattled. The monk might have the most raw power among them all, but his mindset and ineptitude in adjusting to the unfamiliar will ultimately get him.
    You might be right about his "clumsy personality" but I don't think any of Greats or even Guo Jing could beat him with their strongest arts within 10 stances let alone 5 stances like Yang Guo did..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    You might be right about his "clumsy personality" but I don't think any of Greats or even Guo Jing could beat him with their strongest arts within 10 stances let alone 5 stances like Yang Guo did..
    Depends on the circumstances. The way that the Golden Wheel Monk lost that final fight was *very* circumstantial.

Depends on the circumstances. The way that the Golden Wheel Monk lost that final fight was *very* circumstantial.
    If we read the novel properly JY say that Yang Guo would win the fight within 200 stances (pre Jinlun cheat) at that time he even didn't use Sad Palm so even if we erase Sad Palm part I also don't think any Greats/Guo Jing would be able to defeat End-ROCH Jinlun within 200 stances..

Quote Originally Posted by Western Eccentric View Post
    If we read the novel properly JY say that Yang Guo would win the fight within 200 stances (pre Jinlun cheat) at that time he even didn't use Sad Palm so even if we erase Sad Palm part I also don't think any Greats/Guo Jing would be able to defeat End-ROCH Jinlun within 200 stances..
    We'll never know; nobody else had the opportunity to try under the same circumstances.

We'll never know; nobody else had the opportunity to try under the same circumstances.
    Yeah no one ever taste that "sensation" since no one of JY main heroes which have only one arm..

Yes, but although YG Melancholy Palms seems to be the most powerful MA innovation in the trilogy, I prefer Tai Chi is the best since it gives more impact and can be useful for any range of martial artist starts from Wudang students, 7 Wudang heroes, ZWJ and even can be learned by the any spectators who saw ZWJ learned fresh from the author.

Melancholy Palms is only used by YG and works best only if he is sad and desperate.